Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 05-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
Mikext06
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default default_old

hi, i'am looking for this with percentage bars for experience, and AA mainly. i've looked here but no luck. Would like the old spell book too if possible lol

Last edited by Mikext06 : 05-24-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Mikext06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Default Mikext06 : sugestion

You can try Old_Default from Haliken found at eqinterface.com....downloads... complete sets.. functional... old default.
ALSO, you can try SmileyFAAce NEW! Found at eqinterface.com ....downloads... complete sets.... minimalist... SmileyFAAce NEW!.... This one has some changes but clean.After you look at these two,if these are not to you satisfaction, please explain what you want . I may be able to guide you in the right direction.
As always, Enjoy!

SmileyFAAce

Last edited by SmileyFAAce : 05-28-2006 at 11:39 PM.
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
Egras
A Lost Soul

Agreed. Look through the downloads area and see if there is a custom UI that has SOME of what your looking for. Then see if people can make small changes to it.

I wont mod anyone elses work personally though. I stick to EgrasUI work only. Some may help out though.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Default I wont mod anyone elses work personally though. I stick to EgrasUI work only

no comment Thats funny.But, I will say this..In the first place.. how did you get the idea to change your normal ui in the game? You must have started to work off of that one point of time or another. AND to " SELL" your work on a post that someone is trying to help others out is weak.I give you respect in knowing somethings that I or perhaps others don't know(as far as UI's graphics ) But so much for that comment. * flys out the door. >> Mikext06 << I'll gladly put some pieces together you like. Just tell me what you like .Personal message me on this site since im done in this topic after this post for ressons unknown

ps. Egrass .. When will you complete your database part of the ui?
(I would have behaved but don't like being flamed for being nice! Since there are only me posting .. I take it personally)

As always,Enjoy!
SmileyFAAce

Last edited by SmileyFAAce : 05-29-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
Mikext06
A Gray Wolf

Well i got my percents to show in the default inventory. I modified the the EQUI_Inventory.xml, and got it to work. If i can just get, and old spell book xml file that would be great.

here's a picture of the change to the inventory

Notice the exp bar & aa bar has percents now

BTW that default old ui everything seems to work, but the effects don't show your current buffs.

Last edited by Mikext06 : 05-30-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:26 PM   #6
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Default RE: If i can just get, and old spell book xml file that would be great.

When you clicked the link Old_Default.. Post there your issue your having trouble with on his UI.. Ill pass the word. Are you unclicking .." keep your layout " when you load the UI? I'm not exactly sure what you mean I tried to upload the Default_Old SpellBookWnd.. well the file exists already :P .. So you will have to find it somehow.. I did not see where it says Old_Default .. or Default_Old spell book window on any title..

SmileyFAAce
Old 06-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #7
Mikext06
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce
When you clicked the link Old_Default.. Post there your issue your having trouble with on his UI.. Ill pass the word. Are you unclicking .." keep your layout " when you load the UI? I'm not exactly sure what you mean I tried to upload the Default_Old SpellBookWnd.. well the file exists already :P .. So you will have to find it somehow.. I did not see where it says Old_Default .. or Default_Old spell book window on any title..

SmileyFAAce

i think you misunderstand i got everything i want just need an older spell book, and i'am good to go. I Pre-fer the one that looks like my inventory the similar style. Not sure which era it is i think PoP or LoY can't remember.

There is a problem with the default_old file from the game.

Its using the new spell book for some reason.

Load the old one from here you'll see what i mean.

Also default_old use's the new spell book which i don't like.

Last edited by Mikext06 : 06-01-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #8
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Default Reply

Quote: There is a problem with the default_old file here the ui works fine, but
your buffs will not show in the effects where they should be.

Load the old one from here you'll see what i mean.

Also default_old use's the new spell book which i don't like.:Unquote.

Old_Default link is from Haliken, you can reply to his post on his Old_Default if you click the link and post a reply there.. As far as the spell books go, There are SO MANY to chose from.. You will just have to look at them one by one under Downloads....Interface pieces... Spell books..I personally do not use Halikens spell book or the EQUI_BuffWindow or EQUI_ShortBuffWindow of his.I know his buff window is sizable.. and the icons are a tad smaller than normal.. but other than that for them not to work is a suprise .. BEST to send a comment on his post of the old default link.. there he can find the issue and probably have more to ask you exactly what you are doing in refrence to why his does not work for you.
What I'm gathering is .. you get Spirit of Wolf casted on you, you can not see the buff in the buff window of his?.. There can be many factors involved where he would probably ask .( after all .. it is his UI )

SmileyFAAce
Old 06-01-2006, 02:33 AM   #9
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce
As far as the spell books go, There are SO MANY to chose from.. You will just have to look at them one by one under Downloads....Interface pieces... Spell books..

I think the request he's trying to get across is that he'd like to know if the old DEFAULT spell book graphics are floating around somewhere in the old_UI folder.

The only suggestions I can offer to that are to peek around. A good program for viewing TGA files that I use is XnView (though it severely lacks in any editing, but then, there's Photoshop for that)...it's a free program. I can't recall the site, but it's easily googled.

By "peek around" I mean not only in the base folders, but around the site, as well, provided the base folders don't hold what you're looking for. I can't recall any notable features of the default spell book, of that time frame, as I was already using a custom one, by then.

Best of luck in your search.

"Now he comes again, death on his heels, his eyes cold and hard; a mask to hide a thing that should not be. He is strength, fury, hate and peace all, and he is none...he is invincible."
- Seifer Dan`nodel (Book V: [no title, yet]; Chapter VII: Visions Within a Dream)
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
Drakah
Skinning Guru

My default old version doesn't have this old spellbook? I thought it does.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
Mikext06
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramil Dannodel
I think the request he's trying to get across is that he'd like to know if the old DEFAULT spell book graphics are floating around somewhere in the old_UI folder.

The only suggestions I can offer to that are to peek around. A good program for viewing TGA files that I use is XnView (though it severely lacks in any editing, but then, there's Photoshop for that)...it's a free program. I can't recall the site, but it's easily googled.

By "peek around" I mean not only in the base folders, but around the site, as well, provided the base folders don't hold what you're looking for. I can't recall any notable features of the default spell book, of that time frame, as I was already using a custom one, by then.

Best of luck in your search.

The one i want is there but can't seem to get it to work when i move it to my new folder i guess the xml needs edited or something the background of the spell book will appear for me with the icons but the book graphics does'nt appear. This is from the Default_Old from the game. It works fine if load the one from the game, but again the buff icons don't show in effects.

this is the spell book i'am looking for

Now when i copy the file "EQUI_SpellBookWnd" into my new directory the spell book does this. This file is from the games Defualt_old folder not the one from here.

here's a list of files in the new ui directory i created

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
My default old version doesn't have this old spellbook? I thought it does.

Nope its using the New spell book the old_default i'am referring to.
and the default_old from the game is the one not showing the buffs correctly.

think there was some confussing going on lol

So i'll make this easy to understand
Default_Old from the game is buggged it don't show the buffs in effects if i try to use this old ui. It has the spell book i'd like to use but i can't get it to work for some reason in a different directory. Also it only shows half the bank i just caught this bug.

old_Default is showing the new spell book which i'am guess drakah did'nt know.

Last edited by Mikext06 : 06-01-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:06 AM   #12
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Default Reply

Today I called SOE and said I'm tired of the lack of support in game.. GM's aren't even answering petitions correctly anymore.. So I quit. As far as your spell book goes. download my UI and remove the piece :P .. YES it has to do with you using ingame Old Default.. Hailken corrected / updated old default .. There are alot of issues as I said UI can be " modified " improperly, you can be doing an error, ingame Default_Old has xlm errors in it when I tried to put my pieces into it just today .. work off of something you know that works.. THEN you know when you install a piece if you get errors .. Its simply a piece that needs work. NEXT.. Understand what I mean. Toss it and find something else that WILL work.. Good Luck : ) .Obviously if you can not see spell effects ( buff icons .. im guessing is what you mean ) in the EQUI_BuffWindow.. your having an issue ..change it.

As Always,Enjoy!

SmileyFAAce
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #13
Minalcar
Premium Member

I believe you need the equi_spellbookwnd.html file to go with those .tga files

NM I reread that and saw that the last part.

On my system I can copy the old spellbook and associated files from the default_old directory to my custom directory and it works.

Minalcar -- Wayfarers of Veeshan -- Luclin(Veeshan)

Last edited by Minalcar : 06-02-2006 at 11:25 AM.
Minalcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:43 PM   #14
Mikext06
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minalcar
I believe you need the equi_spellbookwnd.html file to go with those .tga files

NM I reread that and saw that the last part.

On my system I can copy the old spellbook and associated files from the default_old directory to my custom directory and it works.

Minalcar -- Wayfarers of Veeshan -- Luclin(Veeshan)

could u upload the files pls or email them?
Old 06-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #15
Minalcar
Premium Member

I'll make a zip file and try to upload them. I've never done that before so I don't know if it'll take.

Nevermind... I just tried it again on my system and got the same results. Must be something in the equi_animation.html file.

I've been using a Tking spellbook.

Minalcar

Last edited by Minalcar : 06-03-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Minalcar is offline   Reply With Quote