Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-25-2006, 02:41 AM   #16
Faerwynd
A Treant

Default rpstreet, no worries

I'm glad I could help. Hope it working out for ya.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #17
hayt
A Bat

Server: terris thule
Default no UIErrors

I am having the same problems but can't post uierrors cause the file isn't there
hayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #18
Faerwynd
A Treant

Default Re: no UIErrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayt
I am having the same problems but can't post uierrors cause the file isn't there

#1 - this file is generated automatically by EQ everytime you log on. It should be located within the main Everquest folder, for example,

C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\UIErrors.txt

The easiest way to find it is to sort the file list by date modified with the most recent at the top. You can open it with Notepad or Wordpad.

#2 - If what you are saying is that the text file IS there, only there isn't any information in it, like when you open it all it says is something like this:

UIErrorLog created at Sun Jul 23 01:51:43 2006

I had this problem too recently, in that I was getting the red letter warning upon logging in that my XML files were invalid...load default, yadda yadda...so, what I did was go to window mode and open the file while still in-game. Then, the UIError log was populated with information on what exactly was not working in the custom UI that I was trying to use.

copy and paste the log text into a new Notepad/Wordpad document and then copy that onto these forums for someone, preferably the author of the UI you are trying to use, can help figure out your problem. I'd suggest posting it to a forum, if there is one, specifically for the UI you are using instead of the General Help forums.

I hope this helps you get the help you are looking for
Faerwynd is offline   Reply With Quote