Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-26-2006, 02:23 AM   #16
evilknight
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Crystaluck, best thing is to contact the author to do an update. His website addy is www.ratserv.com/eq (its in the UI file) and send him an email. Give them some time to release an update since TSS just went live. They might be working on it already or not

Zek, Emarr.
evilknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #17
scyt
A Ghoul

ok what it is i took this ui http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4615 and by adding some custom peaces so that is looks like this click here
yes my ui is just a peacmeal thing of differnt ui windows i liked.
but when ever i try to add youre player window it just loads the defalt UI and gives me a error that says error loading defalt ui that is all it says now i have been working to try to figure out if i did any thing wroung but so far i have come up with nothing and no the ui i have linked above is just patched by Drakah for TSS onley as it is no longer soported by SoE consedering this is the Default Old Interface.
scyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #18
evilknight
A Ghoul

Try do this, copy my ui to a folder and then load just my UI. Does it give you any error ? It shouldn't cause I use the same UI and I know many others who are using it without any incident.

If it gives you an error, attach the UIerrors.text file here . it will be in your sony everquest main directory.

Also attach the UI error text of your mixand match uis as well. I can try figure out what might be causing the problem.

Also looking at your screenshot, it seems you are not using the stock window_pieces01.tga file. The exp bars and its ticks seems to be different than the default. Try copy window_pieces01.tga file from the default directory to the mix and match one you are using (it should pick from the default usually). I'm guessing it has to do something with missing window graphic pieces or renamed window graphics file.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:51 PM   #19
scyt
A Ghoul

ok will i did that and waht i got makes no sence all it says is UIErrorLog created at Tue Sep 26 21:59:07 2006

any ideas? i also took a screan shot if that helps. click here

if you want to take a look at the ui as it is at the moment i have uploaded it here

Last edited by scyt : 09-26-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:05 AM   #20
evilknight
A Ghoul

Need the uierrors.txt file to make sense of whats wrong with the mix match ui you have going..

Also you didnt answer my question, did my UI give any errors when using Soe's default UI which it shouldn't. To test it, make a folder inside the uifiles folder and name it ZekUI. Then copy the player window i have made and put it in there. Load the skin ZekUI in EQ and see if it gives you any errrors.

I'm on a dial up so I don't wanna download a 10 megfile at the moment. I looked at the screenshot you have its just a general error saying cannot load skin name. Will need the errorfile to see whats possibly causing your error.

Zek, Emarr.

Last edited by evilknight : 09-27-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #21
crystaluck
A Treant

Zek,

Thanks for the tip. I did email the creator of that playerwindow and he no longer plays EQ and said anyone else can update it freely.

So, that said - I might be able to talk my husband into trying (he's worked a smidge with this stuff) but I'm not sure what XML information has to be added for the timer and the animation for him to start playing with it.
crystaluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #22
scyt
A Ghoul

evil that one line is all that
Quote:
UIErrorLog created at Tue Sep 26 21:59:07 2006
says is in the ui error txt file and that screan shot is from when i tried to load your ui peac in a copy of the eq defalt foulder that i named test that is why i made the comment that the info i got made no sence. but here is the file any way.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UIErrors.txt (48 Bytes, 7 views)

Last edited by scyt : 09-27-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 AM   #23
evilknight
A Ghoul

Crystaluck,

Since the author has given permission to edit freely thats good. Im not making any promises, since RL is busy for me at the moment, I'll take a look at the code in about a week or two and see if i can fix something.

If your hubby is gonna do it sooner, then thats great..
Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 AM   #24
evilknight
A Ghoul

scyt,

Ah, I didnt get what you were trying to say before.. that the uierrors.txt is empty. Its strange that it is empty as something is probably aborting it from writing it. I'm not sure.

Also, You still didnt answer my question that i've asked twice.. Please answer it :-) Look at my above posts.

Now, if you can post an unedited, repeat unedited version of the ui you are using, I will test your mix match ui possibly this weekend or next week. I know you have posted a link in the earlier message but I'm not sure if thats the one you have worked on. If you havent touched the codes then it will be easier for me to trouble shoot. So give me a link to your unedited UI before TSS went live.

Zek, Emarr.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #25
scyt
A Ghoul

the one created by Drakah is what i use as the main body of the ui so all i do is use his up dates to the windows in a coppy and paste way http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4615. as for being able to give you one from before TSS went live i no longer have that on my pc as i did not know I would need it for any thing unless you just want the player window which is attached to my first post on this thread as for any errors i get when i load my costom ui beacuse i have replaced for now the player window with the defalt one i am not having problems loading it.but my full ui is posted here with all of the stuiff i have added to it sence tss went live.

Last edited by scyt : 09-28-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #26
evilknight
A Ghoul

Its always good to make backups before you do edits whether you need it or not
Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #27
tyriena
A Bat

Heya Evil,

Did you have any luck updating that player window for crystal. Its the same one I use and would also love to have an update for it to have the timer/animation in it. I'd do it myself but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Thanks

Tyriena
tyriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:57 PM   #28
evilknight
A Ghoul

Haven't had the time yet cause of RL and being busy. Her husband might have done it by now as she said he might take a look at it. Check with her if she has an updated one.

I did find time to update the one I made before TSS and made it TSS compliant with rest animation timers and have posted here if someone wants to use it.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5008

Take care,
Shadowzek.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:43 AM   #29
Ahti
A Ghoul

For those that wanted that 2 Tab player window, I used my single player window and converted it to a 2 Tab window updated for TSS. It is almost the same as ratserv's.

You can check it out here
Ahti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #30
Nayde
A Ghoul

Server: Cazic-Thule
Default Thanks

EvilKnight,

Quote:
P.S. Nayde, My UI is similar to his except I'm using SoE's stock background, feel free to use mine till he/she updates his UI.
Just added Discipline Countdown bar below the xp bars since a guildie requested it. So if you all want this version of it, feel free to download it.
So far the player window has Health, Mana, Endurance, Rest timer bar, Xp bar, AAxp bar , Discipline timer bar, HPs/Mana/ATK/AC in numbers and the Tribute Timer.

I have been using your UI and liking it. Only as a Cleric I don't need the Discipline Countdown but would prefer the Leader exp bar instead. Would that be a possible modification? I haven't gotten to the Raid leader exp yet.

Thanks again for your hard work with these wonderfull UI's and your responses.
Nayde
Nayde is offline   Reply With Quote