Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM   #16
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you can put the con color anywhere you want it.

As for how to add the background, Make your image file, put it in the folder and then reference it in the code. You will have to define both the location and the size of the portion of the image you are using and where in the UI piece you want it to be. Best thing would be to look over a bunch of different UI's to see how other people have done it and then combine that with alot of trial and error until oyu get the hang of it. You will have to define the image file you are using other wise you will end up with the background for you target window being the background for everything else. Remember the game looks first in the UI folder you tell it to use for everything, what it does not find there, it looks for in the default folder.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #17
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

You may have worked this out by now, but I've just coded my own player box and the way I did it was:

- Drew out my template in advance as you've done
- Converted it to greyscale, faded it out and printed it full page
- Measured the co-ordinates of all the pieces on my template & wrote them on the printout
- Copied the default everquest player.xml file to my own custom folder
- Made the changes I wanted (I just used notepad to edit the files), copying pieces from other default .xml files as I needed
- Crossed off each co-ordinate on my printout once I'd added that element to the file.
- Loaded EQ from time to time to check the look

Creating an item from scratch can be very time consuming, it's amazing how many little details there are. If I were you I'd get the basics working first with everything in the right place and working in game. Once you've got that look to see how to get the backgrounds, etc working. Eye candy is easy once everything's in place.

If you're not sure how to do something, just have a browse of the downloads section and see how other pepole did it. Sharing code is one of the biggest strengths of this site imo. I borrowed from tons of people to create my UI, and I fully expect people to do the same with my code once I've finished it.

In fact that's my main motivation for wanting to post my update on this site - so others can see it and use it themselves if they want.

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #18
loxado
A Treant

Server: Fennin Ro

I have just seen your post - and the layout of that target window is almost identical to the one I posted here.

So if its only the colors - try to take it from there (if your complete UI has the colors you posted mine will not fit in lol)

Maybe its not clear to see - but the con-color in my target window is not as you suggest/want a full box - but its a box around the HoTT, target and self (not the castingbar).

http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=4748

chhers

Lox
loxado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #19
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Sorry to hijack, but I just saw that UI of yours loxado and that's a great idea.

Never thought of putting two bars side by side for a cleric, but reading your explanation I can't imagine wanting to play any other way now. Definately going to grab that if I start a cleric. Kudos for a really, really good idea.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote