Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2002, 11:49 PM   #16
Tauros
A Fire Beetle

I dont know if you could do this but is there anyway to add like folders, like have a Kunark folder and have all kunark maps in there , same thing for faydwer, antonica, odus, veliou, luclin
Old 09-09-2002, 04:31 AM   #17
Wrentia
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zeb's Box of Rocks

Muse, I just want to thank you for this mod. I think your forray into javascript may inspire others to come up with windows that write themselves. I also will let you know that I will definatly swing by your site to DL whatever maps I need. Heck, I've allready printed them all out.....hehe

Can't wait to see the next version with scaleable images (I'm too lazy to change em myself....hehe)
-Zeb's Box of Rocks-

Last edited by Kudane : 09-09-2002 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:44 AM   #18
Grygan
A Snow Cougar

Server: The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Grygan
Default Me too!

Sounds like a great addition!

I am definitely going to try it out tonight...

Just one question: I plan to use pretty big (200 - 300 K jpeg) maps covering a whole continent. Would it slow down my system dramatically? Or only just when I open the Help window (which I can live with...)

Thanks for your answers,

View my custom mix&match monkly UI here...
Old 09-09-2002, 08:58 AM   #19
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

Grygan: huge images only slow down the initial load time (like when you click on the tab the first time). After that it's fine. I'm not sure if you had a huge number of them in memory if you'd see some problems, though.

Tauros: you can't put them in other folders right now. I'll consider that for future versions.

Kudane: ya, I forgot about the other places I have to change it. The coding itself is easy for the calculation, it's the user interface in java that's a pain to put in. Did they get any better or worse looking when you did it?
Old 09-09-2002, 09:40 AM   #20
Kett00
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Kett00 Send a message via AIM to Kett00
Wink Hehe Why do i Feel like this was my Idea

Nothing More...
Old 09-09-2002, 09:44 AM   #21
Tird
A Bat

Default this is always the case in life

As normal in life, Ideas are had by all, its those that go out and execute or act on ideas that makes things into being. I am sure many of the UI mods we have seen here are ideas that many people shared.

I for one am glad to see some are acting on their ideas and creating some fantastic stuff.

God knows this Lazy Ogre isnt going to do it
Old 09-09-2002, 10:05 AM   #22
Kett00
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Kett00 Send a message via AIM to Kett00
Default Right on

Good Point
Old 09-09-2002, 10:12 AM   #23
Ramsus
EQToolbox Webmaster

Server: Cazic Thule
Send a message via AIM to Ramsus Send a message via Yahoo to Ramsus

Yes, you can create folders that hold a subset of maps for each continent. Yu would have to type /load kunark or /load fay etc each time you want the differentmaps, but it does work.

Map files do have a size limit. They can not be over a certain size to be used as a background (by size I mean like 512x512, not byte size. As far as byte size goes, just remember that once you load a picture it is using up memory. For me, 200k would work fine, but I can tell you, that will cause issues on some folks computers.

If you want to make your own set of maps, I would recommend that you save them all to a set LxW and use the same setting (16 or 32 bit) for them.

Yes, lot of folks have the same ideas and some folks actually implement them, and other people just steal others ideas, relabel it and try to charge money for it.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:48 PM   #24
Grygan
A Snow Cougar

Server: The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Grygan
Default Pb

I have a problem...

I dimentionned all my jpg files as 1600x1200 images, before running the EQAtlasGui program.

But now when I open my help window I notice 2 things:

1. The map doesnt seem to be 1600 wide... but smaller
2. The map is distorted vertically: it looks like it is being squeezed smaller on the Y axis.

Now i have looked inside the xml file generated, and all the sizes seem to be correct at 1600x1200...

Waht is wrong?
Old 09-09-2002, 01:15 PM   #25
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

I'm not sure why it's tweaked vertically like you mention, I'm assuming you kept the images' aspect ratios the same when you changed their sizes, but if not that could cause them to look funny. If they looked fine when you saved them, though, then I'm not sure. It should work correctly.

As far as the images appearing smaller than they are, that is indeed strange. I noticed that myself and have been trying to figure out why they do that. An image almost 600 pixels wide that I used during my testing only filled up about half of the page in 640x480 mode, which doesn't make sense. It's like that all the way up through. I don't know why it does that, but when I get the scaling command into it, it should fix whatever it is.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:20 PM   #26
Ramsus
EQToolbox Webmaster

Heh.. I could tell you why it does that, but I wont. We spent alot of time figuring it out and getting it to work when we released the map mod. pretty funny.

Anyway,

try 128x128 or 256x256 or 512x512 or 1024x1024 or 2048x2048.

2048 is the limit I would use, and many folks have issues displaying even that.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:28 PM   #27
Ramsus
EQToolbox Webmaster

To make this process easiar for folks, I have made a script that will automatically download the maps from EQ Atlas for ya.

Here what you have to do:

EDIT:
I removed the script that downloaded the maps because muse asked me to. It seems he doesn't like someone writing a script that grabs his maps and cuts him out of making money when someone clicks on his page.

Last edited by Ramsus : 09-09-2002 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:59 PM   #28
Mischief
A Snow Griffin

Wow Woody and Muse in here... how cool is that.

Cant wait to try this out.

Oh and I've been half hoping a Gu Comics skin to come out.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:32 PM   #29
Muse
EQ Atlas Webmaster

The program by Ramsus is exactly what I do NOT want to see going on. The point of this tool is to allow people who have gone to my site (or others), saved a map, and then use it in the game. I'm releasing this as a way to help people out, not a way for my server to start getting pounded with no money coming in through ad views. Please don't make me have to remove my program entirely, although I will if I see this happening.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:34 PM   #30
Ramsus
EQToolbox Webmaster

You mean you dont like that someone could make a script and take away any credit etc you should receive for the work you have done on something? Imagine that.