User Name
Password

Old 09-11-2007, 04:31 AM   #16
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Fixes

Ok for the dashboard inventory thats an easy fix ill get on that asap(actually the original windows are in the mod folder)unless you want the dashboard with all the bags on it. As for the other problems you mentioned, those windows dont work because I removed all the reliance on the quartz xml. You are completetly correct in your solution for that problem. As for the combat ability window I will look into that. Actually If you log completely out of EQ and open your character ini file and find combat ability window header...delete all entries down to next header and save. then log in and see if that fixes the problem.Let me know.

Hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getti Lee
i have a few issues

the dashboard inventory doesn't match your new bag layout so there are bags missing when the inventory window is open. (would be fine if the selector window normal mod showed the first bag slots like original quartz)

the buttons now look like the default ui (their border/trim)

the combat ability window (regular one not the horizontal one) doesn't show any buttons, does show a cast bar which is weird because it should just be for melee disciplines. just has the texture for the entire window.

can't seem to use the original quartz chat windows, buff windows, or short duration buff window in any combination. but i found a fix for the buff windows and i imagine its the same for the chat windows. get the wnd_bg_buffs.tga, wnd_bg_sbuffs.tga, wnd_bg_pets.tga, etc from the quartz 2.0 and copy those to your ui folder along with the orginal etui_quartz and equi.xml to use the original type windows.

thanks for coming back to update this ui. everyone is really bummed with the recent patches and ui changes, but this is good news!
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #17
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

after fooling around with it last night for a bit (i think i'm learning xml! lol kidding) i did get the combat ability window from a older quartz to work. same story as the rest of the other ones that had the transparent background. i just removed the texture and tinted the window black and it will work for now. i had a hard time getting that to work, as almost all the combat windows for some reason were like 1.5x wider and 3x higher than they should have been for the longest time. i think it was from the quartz 2.0 or just quartz redux, but definately wasnt' from a leather release.

i've been using the inventory (even with missing bags its still great! lol) and since i've got the 16 quick clicks back its not too rough. i can wait for the fix whenever you have time

do you know what changed the button border/background so i can change that back? i don't care for the grey with solid framed borders. doesn't match imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
Ok for the dashboard inventory thats an easy fix ill get on that asap(actually the original windows are in the mod folder)unless you want the dashboard with all the bags on it. As for the other problems you mentioned, those windows dont work because I removed all the reliance on the quartz xml. You are completetly correct in your solution for that problem. As for the combat ability window I will look into that. Actually If you log completely out of EQ and open your character ini file and find combat ability window header...delete all entries down to next header and save. then log in and see if that fixes the problem.Let me know.

Hal
Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #18
Halelen

Default More Info

Ok need more info I need:
-a list of all mods you are using that are borked
-do you want all the bags on the dashboard inventory? or you going to use it with the old selector?

as for the buttons that is contained in the window pieces file..pull them from the old quartz if thats what yoou are wanting.

Hal

Quote:
after fooling around with it last night for a bit (i think i'm learning xml! lol kidding) i did get the combat ability window from a older quartz to work. same story as the rest of the other ones that had the transparent background. i just removed the texture and tinted the window black and it will work for now. i had a hard time getting that to work, as almost all the combat windows for some reason were like 1.5x wider and 3x higher than they should have been for the longest time. i think it was from the quartz 2.0 or just quartz redux, but definately wasnt' from a leather release.

i've been using the inventory (even with missing bags its still great! lol) and since i've got the 16 quick clicks back its not too rough. i can wait for the fix whenever you have time

do you know what changed the button border/background so i can change that back? i don't care for the grey with solid framed borders. doesn't match imo.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #19
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Ok need more info I need:
-a list of all mods you are using that are borked
-do you want all the bags on the dashboard inventory? or you going to use it with the old selector?

as for the buttons that is contained in the window pieces file..pull them from the old quartz if thats what yoou are wanting.

Hal

i attatched the original size combat ability window that works for my warrior (although no background texture.)

i'd like all bags on the dashboard inventory. 2 rows or 4, in a regular grid would be fine. i use the regular selector window from your last upload which just has weapons, range, ammo on it. it does not show any bags like the original.

i put the older window pieces tga's in and that fixed the button borders! thanks

i did find a new thing which might be part of the patch. i went to start my trader and start to price items and it doesn't let me go over 100 in any slot. i'm assuming its thinking percent? this is the first time i've ran my trader since i installed eq again so theres no bazaar file yet.

thats it! ironed out the rest.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #20
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

forums are acting buggy, heres a link to the combat ability window xml:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bx9tdn4vo0w
Old 09-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #21
Halelen

Default Here is fixed one

Quote:
forums are acting buggy, heres a link to the combat ability window xml:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bx9tdn4vo0w

Ok I am at work so couldnt test this but should work. Let me know

Hal
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_CombatAbilityWnd.zip (1.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-12-2007, 02:43 PM   #22
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ok I am at work so couldnt test this but should work. Let me know

Hal

perfect! thank you
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #23
Halelen

Default Background

ok what mods are still not showing proper texture?

Hal
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #24
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

texture wise, everything seems fine now. (i used old quartz buff windows and realized i needed the quartz xml's and tga's because of the dependancies)

a problem i have now is the bazaar window which may or may not be ui related. what happens is when you go in /trader mode and try to enter a price for a item, it only scales 1-100. not sure what would cause that. (i renamed the window and loaded the default ui one and it works)

dashboard inventory lining up the bag slots and the last bag slot on the selector window or whichever one is hard to click. (top left corner issue i think you know about)

everything else is working fine for me, just waiting for the patch to fix it so it doesn't force everything on the screen that goes over at login.

thanks again hal

Last edited by Getti Lee : 09-13-2007 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #25
Halelen

[QUOTE=Getti Lee]texture wise, everything seems fine now. (i used old quartz buff windows and realized i needed the quartz xml's and tga's because of the dependancies)

a problem i have now is the bazaar window which may or may not be ui related. what happens is when you go in /trader mode and try to enter a price for a item, it only scales 1-100. not sure what would cause that. (i renamed the window and loaded the default ui one and it works)

dashboard inventory lining up the bag slots and the last bag slot on the selector window or whichever one is hard to click. (top left corner issue i think you know about)

everything else is working fine for me, just waiting for the patch to fix it so it doesn't force everything on the screen that goes over at login.

Sorry dont know what happened but here it is again

Enjoy

Hal
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_Inventory.xml (67.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 PM   #26
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

works great thanks! as far as the trader window that doesn't matter much to me. default window worked fine and theres really no performance difference imo for a custom bazaar window.

i did have a idea for the inventory and the window underneath it. line the bags up in rows without any offset like

bag1 bag2 bag3 bag4
bag5 bag6 bag7 bag8

instead of

bag1 bag2 bag3 bag4
_____bag1 bag2 bag3 bag4

and then you might be able to move 2 of those buttons down and make room for tbs currency. just a thought!

Last edited by Getti Lee : 09-22-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #27
Halelen

Default Cant be done

Quote:
works great thanks! as far as the trader window that doesn't matter much to me. default window worked fine and theres really no performance difference imo for a custom bazaar window.

i did have a idea for the inventory and the window underneath it. line the bags up in rows without any offset like

bag1 bag2 bag3 bag4
bag5 bag6 bag7 bag8

instead of

bag1 bag2 bag3 bag4
_____bag1 bag2 bag3 bag4

and then you might be able to move 2 of those buttons down and make room for tbs currency. just a thought!

Unfortunately that cant be done.... TBS currency are hard coded to the alt currency tab on the inventory...only way that could be done is if i made this window have tabs....if ya want that let me know

Hal
Old 09-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #28
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

hmm yeah that might not be bad actually. be nice to have the tabs of the default you available for this mod if its not too much work.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #29
Halelen

Quote:
hmm yeah that might not be bad actually. be nice to have the tabs of the default you available for this mod if its not too much work.

Dont expect this one anytime soon wre a major overhaul to fit all that in the space alotted

hal
Old 09-23-2007, 08:15 PM   #30
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Dont expect this one anytime soon wre a major overhaul to fit all that in the space alotted

hal

sure np, the one you just uploaded will hold me can access all my bags now in bank mode or inventory mode etc.

maybe moving the bags on the underlying window to match a regular grind will *fix* itself so that last slot can be clickable in the whole area instead of the top left portion of the icon