Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #31
Norik
A Treant

Default Quartz

EDIT~
OK i messed up, it does work for Quartz. I accidentally changed the 'FiligreeThin' to 'DefThin' instead of just 'Def'.

Ignore the rest of my post.

Quartz is broken as well,
The relevent part (i think) of the UIError says

Quote:
[Wed Aug 15 13:24:37 2007] XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_FiligreeThin[23] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Wed Aug 15 13:24:37 2007] Error validating symbol table.
[Wed Aug 15 13:24:37 2007] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

I've tied Wymps suggestion of changing 'Filigree' to 'Def'. with no success. That just changes the error to~
Quote:
[Wed Aug 15 15:33:40 2007] XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_DefThin[23] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Wed Aug 15 15:33:40 2007] Error validating symbol table.
[Wed Aug 15 15:33:40 2007] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

Last edited by Norik : 08-15-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Norik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #32
Karlea
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymp
This might let you at least play using your UI ... but it won't include the new card game BS. Just should fix the crashing.

-- go to Program Files -> Sony -> Everquest -> uifiles -> default

-- copy the file EQUI_TCGStartupWnd.xml and paste it into your custom UI folder

-- from your custom UI folder, open that file in Notepad or whatever

-- use Find or Search to locate this string .. Filigree

-- you should find 5 Filigree and 1 FiligreeThin throughout the file

-- change each Filigree and the one FiligreeThin to ... Def

-- Example: what you will see on the lines where Find/Search takes you is <DrawTemplate>WDT_Filigree</DrawTemplate> ..... what you want to see is <DrawTemplate>WDT_Def</DrawTemplate>

-- After changing those 6 lines, save the file inside your custom folder (as an xml .. Notepad will try to save it as txt, heh)

-- Reload your UI in-game .....

I can confirm that this fixes the "Clean and Clear" UI.
Karlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #33
Daineden
A Treant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Wymp's fix did not work for the Custom Nemisis TBS UI by Moonfish. Anyone that uses it have a suggestion?
Daineden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:08 PM   #34
redfox
A Treant

Fix worked for Quartz 1.9

Avoided copying the latest crap from the default folder and it worked fine.
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #35
Utuzeneth
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan187
To Chakarum:::
Or just look down the list.... there should be long lines that are just like, "webwindow0=http://www.eqplayers.station.sony.com/blahblahblah/charactername&race=race
ect., and then it repeats and messes it up....

Just delete all those, and it fixes ur UI for that problem......

Also, for some custom UI's , pressing "P" (toggle customer service window) will crash it, delete that keybind and that should also help..

This workaround fixed it ... problem occured on default UI aswell, prolly window mode? I'm using 1280 x 1024 on 32 Bit fullscreen for EQ.

Utuzeneth
Utuzeneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #36
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan187
To Chakarum:::
usually, if your UI crashes....

Open your UI_character_server.ini file

search "webwindow"

Delete all webwindow files....

---UI should load again

Or just look down the list.... there should be long lines that are just like, "webwindow0=http://www.eqplayers.station.sony.com/blahblahblah/charactername&race=race
ect., and then it repeats and messes it up....

Just delete all those, and it fixes ur UI for that problem......

Also, for some custom UI's , pressing "P" (toggle customer service window) will crash it, delete that keybind and that should also help..

The default will crash too, it's not a custom UI issue. Ever since they put the petition window into an in game browser it has bombed EQ for some and not others.

So far, after a lot of people complaining about it on the SOE boards, it *looks* like it may be related to popup blockers running on your browser(s).

So if you've had a petition crash, and deleting the info from the .ini file allows you to get back in, try removing any popup blockers you have installed (including those that come with yahoo and google toolbars) and see if it still crashes you.

This is going to be a much bigger problem when people start playing the LoN cardgame as that opens in an ingame browser as well.

Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #37
Raggot
A Fire Beetle

Did anyone else have a problem of this latest patch totally screwing up all of my UI window locations?
Raggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #38
Utuzeneth
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighid741
So if you've had a petition crash, and deleting the info from the .ini file allows you to get back in, try removing any popup blockers you have installed (including those that come with yahoo and google toolbars) and see if it still crashes you.

Good guess ... had a Windows XP secrurity update yesterday right before I started EQ which might have changed settings for blockers.

Utuzeneth
Utuzeneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:38 AM   #39
Aironexius
A Bat

Default infinity

any one been able to get infinity blue back up and running? Mine is still down i have tried a dozen different things. Any help would rock on this one.
Aironexius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #40
Rreckr
A Ghoul

Default Quartz UI 2.0 error

I started from scratch on the Quartz UI 2.0 and added the quartzfix file also, made suggested Filigree changes, but I still have one more error showing up.

XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CharacterSelect[695] referenced but NEVER declared!

any ideas...

NM got that one taken care of because i had the wrong EQUI Animations.xml

But once that was right i now have the following:

XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_SpellBook01[703] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_SpellBook02[704] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_SpellBook03[705] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_SpellBook04[706] referenced but NEVER declared!

Last edited by Rreckr : 08-16-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Rreckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:14 PM   #41
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Rreckr ...

You said you had the "wrong" Animations file ... did you change the one that came with Quartz?

I dunno if it uses a special graphic for the BookWindow, but you can try this as a work-around using the default one just for that window that is giving you the error.

Just drop all the files into your custom folder.

bookwindow
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #42
amethistx
A Bat

Default Hellppppp

Can I tell you just HOW MUCH I hate it when they "update?" I have tried everything on this forum, INCLUDING picking a brand new UI (Translunwrap) and I still get the freaking default. WHYYYY can't they just leave it alooooone? Can anyone help me? I HATE the default.

Thanks
amethistx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #43
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethistx
Can I tell you just HOW MUCH I hate it when they "update?" I have tried everything on this forum, INCLUDING picking a brand new UI (Translunwrap) and I still get the freaking default. WHYYYY can't they just leave it alooooone? Can anyone help me? I HATE the default.

Thanks

Need to post your UIErrors.txt file, so we can get an idea how to even start to help you.

It's in the main EQ directory. Just copy the text and paste into a post.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #44
Rreckr
A Ghoul

Now that the bookwindow (spellbook window) problems are gone the UI error log has the following.

[Thu Aug 16 20:53:54 2007] XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Buffs2[12] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_ChatBox[13] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Group[14] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Target[15] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Spells[16] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_SDBuffs[17] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Actions[18] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Winselect[19] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Hotkeys[20] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_Hotkeys2[21] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! WindowDrawTemplate[12]:WDT_MusicPlayer[22] referenced but NEVER declared!

Wonder if the errors will ever end lol.
Rreckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:06 PM   #45
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Those look to be part of a file called EQUI_Quartz.xml.

Maybe try downloading the UI again and replacing the file in your current custom folder with the one from a fresh download.

Are you using Quartz straight outta the box, or are you only using some of it .. or do you have extra mods in addition to the Quartz files?