User Name
Password

Old 09-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default WTF are they thinking

Not sure how the rest of you feel, but after looking at the new changes from test I find myself wondering WTF. I personally could care less about my parties mana or fatigue(i dont need to see it ). Why do they force this crap upon us, im so frustrated with all the rewrite I have to do for useless junk. ok im done /rant off back to code

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

you can click it off and have the old health bars only if you dont want to see them

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Halelen

I'm looking at it from a code standpoint ..so even if I don't want it some people that use the ui may 8(..... lol

Last edited by Halelen : 09-26-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

It's just two new gauges per player; just make them thin, slap them over the bottom of the health gauges, and let the user toggle them on/off (you right click the group window and choose to toggle them off, like the pet display).

I'm not a fan of them, but that's because I lie during mana checks all the time.

In general, I'm really happy with some of the progressive approaches they're taking (<Layout>, stretchable gauges, etc.). Stretchable gauges meant I had to completely overhaul my player, group and target windows; it sucked, but I don't mind progress... this time.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #5
Halelen

Speaking of which may need a lil help from ya redoing those changing health bars when ya get a lil time throw me a pm or something explaining what I will need to do to change them over

Thanks in advance

Hal
Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
Geadiin
A Bat

I haven't seen the changes yet but I can imagine how these are extremely useful. As a puller, I would like to get a feel for the pace I need to pull for my group. It might take some time to understand how the group player's bars relate to their readiness but it would help. During raids, our Raid leader is constantly asking over and over the status of the raid's Mana. It would be nice if he didn't have to do that and could just tell at a glance when we're ready to start.
Geadiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Hal, for color changing gauges, you know how currently some of them have backgrounds that are like 10000 pixels wide? Instead, now, the gauge itself needs to be 10000 (minus the negative XOffset value) pixels wide.

Enok
Old 09-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #8
Halelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliken
Hal, for color changing gauges, you know how currently some of them have backgrounds that are like 10000 pixels wide? Instead, now, the gauge itself needs to be 10000 (minus the negative XOffset value) pixels wide.

Enok

ok i need alil more help then that tried that and all that seemed to do was stretch the gaues across the window, do i need to remove the background that was 10000 wide? do i after making the gauges 10000 wide need to move them with the offset commands?

Hal
Old 09-28-2008, 11:26 PM   #9
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

They should already have offset values, and yes, you can get rid of the <Background> value. They need their width set to 10000 plus their GaugeOffsetX value. So if their offset value is -2500, then the width needs to be 7500 (10000 -2500).

Only the gauges that have a 10000 width background need their width changed.

Enok
Old 09-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #10
Halelen

ok im getting closer now i have the full bar filled green when it goes to 80 the full bar turns orange at 60 full bar turns yellow, any idea where im going wrong here?

Hal
Old 09-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #11
Saethan
A Bat

This sucks, I always lie about my mana, I know when I'm ready, I don't need somebody else deciding for me.
Saethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
Sparxx
Featured Artist

Featured Artist
Talking Rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saethan
This sucks, I always lie about my mana, I know when I'm ready, I don't need somebody else deciding for me.

That is precisely the reason I love this new change. I am so sick of free loaders mooching off the groups.

My two Cents!
Sparxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:11 AM   #13
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Hey, I always lie about my mana too but it has nothing to do with freeloading; I, and most nukers/DoTers, don't need to be full to be fully effective. When the puller double checks mana, if FM isn't called, they wait... so you just lie and say full so they'll get on with it and don't wait when it doesn't matter.

I just expect people will learn pretty quick that not everyone needs to be FM to be ready. Hopefully calls will start being ''ready?'' instead of MC.

Enok
Old 09-30-2008, 06:10 PM   #14
sunaeri
Premium Member

If another group member tells me how to play because they think I have enough mana, they can screw themselves and find someone else. On my enc, I always consider myself LoM in a group if I fall to 80%. Emergencies can sap an enc's mana bar quickly. The cost of mezzing gets ratcheted up every expansion. Enc nukes are very slow casting though. I rarely fall below 80% on group fights anyway, even with chain nuking.

However, I think Sony is making group mana and endurance visible because mercenaries show up as group members. Players would need to know when their tank mercenary was low on endurance or their healing mercenary is low on mana.

Last edited by sunaeri : 09-30-2008 at 06:47 PM.
sunaeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #15
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
Not sure how the rest of you feel, but after looking at the new changes from test I find myself wondering WTF. I personally could care less about my parties mana or fatigue(i dont need to see it ). Why do they force this crap upon us, im so frustrated with all the rewrite I have to do for useless junk. ok im done /rant off back to code

Hal

It's being put in for the new mercenary system coming with the next expansion. There are threads about it on the SOE live boards. There will be NPC hired guns that will join your group and the new group window code will allow you to see where those NPC's are with mana and end.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=140130
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=139304
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=138812

Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote