Now that I'm to a point where I have time to work on it again, I'm reviving my old EQInterfaceArchitect project. The goal is to create a WYSIWYG editor that complies with modern EQUI.
- Wrote my own xml (de)serializer to avoid the pitfalls I encountered in my past attempts, as well as to make it more customizable.
- Have the basic look of the xml editor complete with syntax highlighting and block folding. This is disabled for now, focusing on drawing code.
- Have the core drawing code in place in textures and animations.
- Starting on drawing code for draw templates, so far have ButtonDrawTemplate
Requirements (subject to change later):
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and 3.5
- Microsoft XNA Framework 3.1
- SVN client to download source, see google code page for repository address
- Visual Studio 2012 (express is fine)
- XNA Game Studio 3.1 (may require Visual Studio 2008, express is fine)
Currently it's only safe to load the default UI with it, I make no garuntees yet that it'll load a custom UI. There is no editing functionality yet. To open a UI just try to open any XML file in the appropriate folder, it should find a suitable equi.xml file.
EQInterfaceArchitect on GoogleCode
Preview will be updated later when I have something better than random textures, animations, and button draw templates to show.
If anyone would like to work with me on this. The serializer is pretty much automatic, as long as a type is derived from EqElement and is marked up with EqX attributes, it will figure out how to read/write it. As far as what I could use help on, that'd be implementing all of the EQUI elements.