Talking

Any ETA ?

PS : I wait more for your interface release than for PoP
Old 09-25-2002, 06:44 AM   #17
Sylviania
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rallos Zek
Send a message via AIM to Sylviania Send a message via Yahoo to Sylviania

I think i'll use your UI for my ranger too , because I love your wolves !

I just can't wait to play EQ again and have fun with those UIs

Maybe make a edition ?
Rallos Zek Server
Old 09-25-2002, 08:13 PM   #18
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

Umm ETA? not sure. I tend to work in spurts. What I mean is that I'll have a sort of overwhelming creative brainstorm that forces me to get a bunch done in a little time, then I have to do something else for a bit (usually is actually playing EQ) As the Hotbutton window designs are pretty much finalized - the Player/Group one is too (they are the same size and shape, only a couple minor differences).

The stats window shouldn't be too much of a trouble, and the spell gems won't be hard either. Going to have fun trying to get the container, with it's several varying pieces done up this way, and the target window, due to it's slightly different shape might be interesting too.

Inventory is already half-done as well.

Magelo
Guild Website
Old 09-26-2002, 11:31 AM   #19
Starshelle
A Druid not a "Dr00d"

Server: Innoruuk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've been admiring your work for a long time and wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you've put into it. I'm eagerly awaiting your troll version I agree with you about the pet window. I do however like using the pet window with my druid since she doesn't use pets very often. Occasionally I'll use animal charm or pull out boo boo for fun and greenie farming. During those situations I'll use the pet window and I find it very handy as I don't have to constantly switch hotbox banks around and can use what I'm accustomed to using. However with my magician and beastlord, I like sticking with macros.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:41 PM   #20
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

I have updated the zipfile to include access to the new /gems window. That should be the only thing that needed to be changed since this last patch.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:18 PM   #21
Astin
A Ghoul

Oguler,

I use the GIMP and I would be VERY interested in the gauge XML code and graphics files.... I am trying to create a Paladin (and perhaps enchanter in the future) UI somewhat similar to yours.

I was pondering all day about how to change the gauges, and when I got home I read this post and saw your screentshots (wierd). I would love to know how you did that.... you can e-mail me the files at [email protected] or post here about how to get them....

If I do make a Pally UI, would you mind if I use your invintory concept? With a high elf, obviously : ) I can't belive no one thought of that idea sooner, because it is awsome.

Also, I want to say that this is, by far, THE best UI I have seen. Nothing comes close to the stuff you got here. You have original code, original graphics, and good ideas littered through this UI. Vert and T.King move over......

If I can make a UI that is half the quality of yours I will have made something good.

thanks,
Astin Soulblade

Last edited by Astin : 09-26-2002 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:14 AM   #22
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

While I appreciate the compliment, actually, my UI has a basis in the Techno Donuts UI that was done. I have done some rather....extensive recoding and remodding of it, added in other elements (the air gauge was from the fatreduction mod, the compass was designed by Tipop, who is one of the Beastlord forum moderators, and a rather awesome graphics artist).

However, there is much of this that is my own design - the hp bars, the casting/spell/mana bars, and a few other bits and pieces are things I've added in. Dunno if I really can say it is a reskinning of Techno Donuts any more, but I still will, as for it anything, it gave me the inspiration, and the basis for the design.

Even the Inventory, is basically very simmilar to Techno Donuts, with some slight modifications to the layout. But yea, I don't mind if you use parts of it.

And umm.... I'm still sorting out the graphics files - I have apparently stored parts of this mod's graphics in scattered directories on my hard drive...
Old 09-27-2002, 08:31 AM   #23
westfall
A Treant

Default hoping...

Just wanted to say, first off your UI is amazing and one of the truly original pieces of artwork available here. I have been using it with my VS Beastlord even with the bear graphics and Ogre inventory screen, (if I squint real hard it almost kinda looks like a tiger...sorta, as far as the ogre goes, well, it's an ogre).

I had a problem last night with the new patch that dumped me to desktop when I camped my BL instead of back to character select screen. I went to EQGUI and was pleased to find you had already updated your patch. A quick DL and re-install and everything was fine.

My question or hope is, could you give us a clue as to which race your going to release next? (/prays that it is the VS). /selfishness on, And any kind of time frame as far as when the VS one will be released if it's not the next in the queue? /selfishness off.

I will continue to use the Ogre untill the VS one is ready because to be quite frank, your UI IMHO is the definitive Beastlord UI period. Thanks again for all the hard work and I hope you continue to produce these wonderful UI's.

P.S. I have a SK and a Ranger, any thought as to branching out to other classes?
Old 09-28-2002, 02:14 AM   #24
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

I like the big exp bars you've got. Which file(s) would I need in order to get just the exp and clickies?
Old 09-28-2002, 06:20 AM   #25
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Re: hoping...

1. Thanks, I'm still working on the elements, I have 2 windows done, a few more left to get the graphics completed on. it moves faster when I don't have to redo the XML - BUT I have been 3D rendering the windows, which required a bit of learning on my part.

2. I do try to keep my stuff updated as soon as I can find out. the change was 1 file, in fact it was 1 line - the line that loaded in the gems window LOL.

3. I will be releasing ALL the races at the same time. The Revised Ogre one as well as Vah Shir, Barbarian, Troll, and Iksar. Due to the nature of how I am doing this mod, it's just easier for me to cut out all 5 versions at the same time rather than 1 at a time. Plus I like to playtest the UI windows myself, and see how well they work. So far, with the player/group and hotbutton windows, it works very well.

4. I don't know, I have some other characters in other classes, I might branch out a bit, but it will be something where I'm not doing a different version for each race/class combination. At most the inventory graphic will have the correct race/gender, that's it.

5. I don't know if you want that window which has the XP & clickies. that is the window formerly known as the target window. So the Target window's XML file, and there's I beleive the OgulerPieces.png graphic file (for the bars) are the two things that are needed. There is a line in the Animations XML file that also will be needed - which loads the .png to make it available. the .png has many, many elements in it that it doesn't need - I have been slowly working on doing away with that file all together.
Old 09-28-2002, 08:26 PM   #26
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Ok, all 5 skin ideas are shown with the examples now. I *might* swap the Troll window skin with the iksar one, as gators are more commonly darker than the iksar pets. I'm having fun making "real" animal pics of the iksar pets, as you can see from above, I took elements from shots of the iksar pet and integrated them into a picture of a komodo dragon.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:02 PM   #27
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Hmm. I'm afraid I do need my target window. Is there any way I can make something like that in the friends window? How would I do that? Still very new to xml(even though I know a bit of html hehe) I don't really need the clickies, I'm just interested in the huge exp and aaxp bars.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:47 PM   #28
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

gotta do some editing to the XML. dunno if the friends window allows for tabs offhand, but if it does, then it's just a matter of making the little text/name changes in the XML so that it works as the friends window, and it should work.

Going into any more detail would require me to pretty much do the change myself, and then post the changes.... I'm busy working on my current mod presently, but if someone else knows how to do it, then maybe they can help you.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:08 AM   #29
westfall
A Treant

Talking quick request?

Thanks for the info on the new skins. Love the way the tiger looks now for the VS version! I had one little (hopeully little) request though, is there anyway to put a label on the AC, Attack and weight numbers on the player info screen? I know I should know them by heart but I'm old and quickly becomming senile. Raelly would love to see them if it's not too much trouble though.

Thanks again for the skins and can't wait for the new ones. You've made my BL my favorite char to play because of them!

Old 09-29-2002, 08:21 AM   #30
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Yea, someone else requested that a while ago, and I meant to include it, but I forgot (d'oh). I'll get the tags in there.

Edit: I have modified the graphics for the xp bars to be a bit cleaner. Still not quite what I want, so I'm going to work more on it. The Player/group window is reskinned, I'm going to be moving the invite/disband buttons around a bit, so that the overlap on the disband button won't exist any more (and also to give another shot at the whole lining them up correctly game)

Edit2: Once this mod is completed - with all 5 versions for the different races, it will be moving to the "Released" section of the forums, probably into the downloads on eqinterface.com after I'm sure it's working the way it should.

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 09-29-2002 at 08:27 AM.