Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2002, 09:22 AM   #31
dan_iel90
A Snow Cougar

Server: antonius bayle

Do you do all your graphics work in GIMP ??

Old 09-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #32
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

GIMP, and lately I've been doing simple 3D Renderings in Blender3D. But yea, Gimp's where I bring it all together. It's the opensource equivalent of Photoshop, they both are the 2D graphic industry standards for that field. Have the same features, just done radically different.

Magelo
Guild Website
Old 09-30-2002, 02:43 PM   #33
Astin
A Ghoul

GIMP is an AWSOME program.

Is this Blender3D opensource? I would love to expiriment with a 3D rendering program, but I don't have enough experince in hat area to buy a program.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:59 PM   #34
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

www.bliender3d.com I think will get you to the current site for it. It is being made open-source, and I the community has made up the money that the company which starthad the rights to it (Not a Number, or NaN) said was required for payment to make it opensource. But, it's been a free program for a while (closed source). Is very confusing as it doesn't use a standard interface, takes a steep learning curve, but I've been getting the gist of it after a couple days.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:39 AM   #35
thoorne
A Ghoul

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Send a message via ICQ to thoorne
Talking ARGL

rrrreeeeeeeeeelllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssss sssseeee the barbarian edition !!!! can't wait anymore !!!
Old 10-01-2002, 02:28 PM   #36
Astin
A Ghoul

I went out to google and found it immediatly- spent an hour familirizing myself with it last night, there are some great tuturials out there by some guy names sausage-something. I gotta go find em again I forgot to bookmark it. It is a BIG leap from 2D to 3D, so if your not patient and don't have an ounce of artistic ability, it would suck. (that would explain why it's baffaling me)

Its linux-based, and isn't the "Standard" windows format. However, as one site says, as you start to learn the new format, you will find it more effiecient and never want to go back to the "windows" crap.

*edit* I found the link- http://www.zeta.org.au/~sausage/blender.html

VERY helpful if your starting out. Also might wanna check http://www.ingiebee.com/tutorials.ht

Last edited by Astin : 10-01-2002 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2002, 03:56 AM   #37
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Umm..... yea. I started in the Unix world, and used Unix-based designs for 10-12 years before I saw my first Microsoft computer. I helped write parts of the Linux Kernel back with kernel version 0.9.132 - 0.9.254 (about a 4-week period). I prefer and run almost exclusively a Unix environment.

Personally, I have always seen stepping into a Windows environment as a massive downgrade - it is very, very limited in what you can do with a Windows box, I don't care if you are talking XP, 2K, ME, NT, 9x, or 3.x or whatever little jokes Microsoft claims to be "radically different" operating systems. Sorry, there's more differences between OpenBSD and Linux nowadays, and they both follow the Single Unix Specification (SUS) so that they both have the exact same commands and structure. They still have more differences than Windows 98 and ME have.

Anyway, let's leave the ranting for a bit, and get back to my regularly scheduled UI modding
Old 10-04-2002, 07:06 AM   #38
Umbriel
A Bat

Server: Druzzil Ro
Thumbs up

Just want to drop by and say that this is the best looking EQ UI I have seen so far!
I am looking forward to see the finished results.
My wife who plays a Barbarian Beastlord are waiting for the barb version, and I'm thinking of combining your ogre and iksar versions to get an Iksar shaman version (with the bear windows and iksar inventory).

Keep up the good work Oguler!

Umbriel Turumbar
Iksar shaman
Druzzil Ro
Old 10-04-2002, 02:14 PM   #39
Astin
A Ghoul

Default /ooc

Oguler,

I know this is sorta ooc but I need some help with GIMP.

When I save a file, it is blank when I open it in EQ.

What settings am I missing?
Old 10-06-2002, 11:52 AM   #40
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

What format are you setting to save the file as in GIMP? I've not encountered that problem before personally - but it does sound strange. What version of GIMP are you using, etc?
Old 10-06-2002, 04:58 PM   #41
Zyrik
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Bristle-Bane

Uh, On the player info window, the first and last letters of my name are cut off. Time to go start my Bst. Works of art like this probably make a lot of people start new chars just so they can say " I'm using that!" (maybe not...). BTW my name is Zhaagbuk (long huh?)
Old 10-06-2002, 05:33 PM   #42
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

There's going to be some extended delays on me getting the new UI versions completed. I've been finding it even more and more difficult to be remotely interested in playing EQ. I'm currently having to review the direction my life has been heading over the last year, and fix it before it is too late. I'm sorry to the other beastlords out there, maybe someone else can take up the banner on this design from me.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:48 AM   #43
DungnMaster001
A Ghoul

uhhh... does this mean you won't be finishing the other races??? that would really suck since this has to be the single BEST UI for beastlords...
Old 10-07-2002, 11:18 AM   #44
westfall
A Treant

Default please, say it isnt so!!!!

I totally agree with DungnMaster001. As I said in an earlier post, your UI has made my BL my favorite character to play and I was counting the days untill the VS version was released. I have been using it since the day I found it but it has not been without some grief...

My Wife ridiculing me as she sees the bears on my screen, laughing out loud as I bring up my Ogre inventory screen, openly mocking me "Your not a Ogre and you dont have a bear as a pet!" Well, gee thanks for the update Sherlock!! All the time finding comfort in the knowledge that it was only a matter of time before the cats would be upon my screen.

But that's ok, I will go on squinting to pretend those bears are cats, and I'll go on looking at my ogre inventory screen as a....well, an ogre. I don't care. I will continue to be made fun of by family and friends because I will continue to use your UI, cats or no cats! And even if you should decide to never code another UI again, you can rest easy in the fact that you have created the best BL UI bar none!

Thank you, once again for all your great work and I hope everything in your life works out.

P.S.
please please please please please....at least release the mock up you did for the hotbutton windows as maybe a plugin so at least my wife can't laugh at me for the lower left hand side of my UI.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:11 PM   #45
Syuence
A Fire Beetle

Oguler's saying that he needs to concentrate on real life more than EQ. I totally understand where he's coming from as I've had to do the same once or twice. Only time will tell what he will do regarding EQ, but real life should always place precendance over a game. On a side note, I may try my hand at a barbarian version as I be a barb beastlord.

NYAA!