Password

Old 10-15-2002, 06:41 PM   #16
Gorck
A Gray Wolf

Server: Torv
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default very nice

Very Very nice, Thangor.

Lucky I have a Male Barb warrior as my alt, or I'd have to make one just for this mod!!

I also use your tickerspellbar, and love it too.

Keep up the excellent work!
Old 10-15-2002, 06:41 PM   #17
Bitton
A Snow Cougar

One word Stunning!

Wanderer, Morell-Thule, Discordians

"Angels that are forced from heaven must become demons"
Old 10-15-2002, 09:03 PM   #18
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

Very nicely done

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaenil Darkwolf

Actually, I think Nibbuhlz is the one who made that inventory that xlorepdarkhelm is using.

Thats a nice inventory though. Going to use it for sure.

Nibbuhlz made the original design of the inventory, however the one I've just finished for the Beastlord UI, while simmilar in design, has my own graphics.

Magelo
Guild Website
Old 10-16-2002, 01:37 AM   #19
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Server: Saryrn
Lightbulb UPDATE!!

I've done some minor tweaking to this mod today. The screenshot in my first post has been updated to reflect the new changes. Here are the changes so far (more to come later):

1. Brightened the colors of the mod. I first saved it a little too dark I think.

2. Switched the Bracer and Hands icons (they were accidently placed wrong in the first version).

3. Moved the stat numbers to a more "flowing" kind of form. I think this improves it a lot.

4. Changed the way the way the HP and AC and ATK is positioned. Didn't like it scrunched.

Thats about it for this version... I'll be making more updates but thought that those of you using the mod already may want these things fixed.

Thanks much for your support and feedback! Keep it coming!
Old 10-16-2002, 04:13 AM   #20
Rebaidah
An Icepaw Kobold

As for a pic that is non-race/gender...

How about something that will match our Dragon spellbooks?
Another dragaon perhaps? or maybe some other medival creature/thing/place? Just my 2cents! Love your work.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:14 AM   #21
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Server: Saryrn
Lightbulb an idea

My current plan/idea involves a LOT of work and design... what I'm thinking of doing is finding a person who fits the classic "look" of each gender of each race. This is not the easiest thing in the world to do. As an example... the barbarian in this version is obviously male... but... he has no weapons in hand. He could be any number of differnt classes. Soon I will do a female barb version... then human male, human female, dwarf, gnome, troll, etc.... This would require a LOT... I mean A LOT of versions... but I think that is the only way to really modify this interface to please all the different race/class/gender people?

opinions?
Old 10-16-2002, 05:36 AM   #22
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

bump high elf dress flow'en males up to front of list pls we are a very insecuree bunch who need alot of warm fuzzies! great inventory cant wait for the mods

kala
Old 10-16-2002, 05:50 AM   #23
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

oooooooooooooooo /drool!

Very Very nice! I don't have the best eyes so something that looks so clean and smooth is just beautiful to me! Well done indeed! I don't have any ideas that haven't already been said i don't think hehehe...

Couple questions though: would you be able to post a screenshot that shows the whole eq screen, so one could get an idea of the size ratio? Also, what resolution do you use, and would this be compatable for all resolution options?

=) ooooooooo ok yes i do have ideas hehe... I think it would be good for anyone not just tanks hehehe but that's my opinion LOL... but ya know... i would think a matching spell gem bar would be sweet /GRIN... (got a bard and a clr in addition to a monk hehe)... You know, totally transparent except for nice smooth round gem holders that maybe match the look of your nice smooth glass looking buttons on the inventory? /drool! hehe absolutely beautiful work you've done... oooooooo and maybe both a horizontal version of said spell bar and a vertical one? I use horizontal for my bard now but vertical for the clr hehe =P i think you should do a complete set in the inventory style you did.... Hehehehe i know that would be a ton and a half of work i just think it would be beautiful and clean and aerodynamic looking in a way... =) (almost like looking at the dash of a really luxurious sports care hehehe)

Last edited by pheonixheart : 10-16-2002 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:27 AM   #24
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Thrangor, if you really want to please everyone, I think the only way to do it is to do as you suggested yourself - one for every class/gender combination...

To be honest, though, I think thats a bit more work than is necessary for this to look good...

If I were in your position, I'd just do a female high elf to represent the 'female' version (high elf to add some variety... easily could be troll or ogress ), and start working on another mod...

I think the point is, don't get burned out fulfilling every possible customization everyone wants on just one mod... do what you really want to do

P.S. No I don't even have a single barbarian male or high elf female character, so there's no question of bias here... I just don't want to see our best UI'ers burdened with the menial task of catering to every customization asked of them.
Old 10-16-2002, 08:11 AM   #25
Vandiin
A Fire Beetle

Excellent work, yet again Thangor!

As far as making it more appealing to all classes/races, you could just use a human male and female silhouette... (tho, I'd love to have a dark elf... heh.... but that's a bit biased) Those two would probably satisfy most people.

Whatever you decide, i'm going to use it! heh

Vandiin

Inkie Shadow Knight
Old 10-16-2002, 08:48 AM   #26
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Whatever you decide, i'm going to use it! heh

And I think thats the deciding factor into how deep you should go into personalizing it.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:34 AM   #27
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

One question. Is the picture of the barbarian in the middle the autoequip thing?

Oh yeah, and I think whatever you want to do with the design to make it more "customizable" is fine. Could also be that I'm a male barbarian too LOL.

A suggestion though. Those icons in the equipment slots look kind of strange. Maybe make them more recognizable? No offense but I see 5 helms in different possitions for each part on the head.

Awesome though, I'm putting it in my mod right now

One more thing hehe. Does the aaxp have a percent?
Old 10-16-2002, 10:45 AM   #28
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Helm, Earrings (x2) and Mask.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:48 AM   #29
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

I know, but it's kinda hard to tell at first glance. I had to sit there and stare for a second.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:47 PM   #30
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Small suggestion... ok, I LOVE this mod, but the only thing that kinda bothers me is the way the inventory is set up. I'm just too used to having it setup with two rows, so having them all in one line is freakin me out! So I would suggest that you bring the bottom 4 slots up next to the top 4 slots (hence being put into 2 curved rows) and then moving the Melee Weapon slots in closer to the middle (where you just took the inventory slots from). This would still work nicely, and would help us people that don't like to adjust the feel of the game... just the look of it.

But if you don't wanna... I can TRY to figure it out... but I'm not too hot at figuring out locations on things.

Cragzak Bonehead ~ Baron Ogre Warlord
Tarew Marr Server