Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2002, 11:36 PM   #16
Lanigon
A Bat

yes pls fix lag i dont even wanna play without this UI!
Lanigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:28 AM   #17
ShadowcatK
A Ghoul

yes i just loged off EQ a little while ago.

mass packet loss, graphic probelms (people reporting pets turing different colors - black, gray, silver) and LDs across all servers,
they are aware of the problem and attempting to fix it. rumor mill has it they are going to release another patch tomarrow, not sure on this.

if your having problems with the patch to fix the VI patch this may be part of the problem.

this is a bit beyond the normal patch day blues but expected, hopefully things will clear up by end of day.
ShadowcatK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:41 AM   #18
Jeisenne
A Treant

Server: Innoruuk
Send a message via ICQ to Jeisenne Send a message via AIM to Jeisenne Send a message via Yahoo to Jeisenne

The lag is HORRENDOUS. I had to switch off this UI (and I *love* this skin, it's the only one that won me over from the old UI two weeks ago) but the lag was so bad that I had to revert to using the old UI.

I miss my Vert 2.2 CM skin already

Of all the times I've been alone
and thought of drastic things
Of all the times I've been an angel
I get broken wings
Jeisenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:43 AM   #19
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

I was stuck with the default skin all evening, and the lag wasn't any better. I'm hoping that the fixes everyone has posted here will help, I don't know if I can survive without my Vert!! Gotta love what's Vert's done.

And Sokol, all I can say is you are incredible! As always, you're right there with the fix to keep all of straight. And don't even get me started on the wonderful work you've done!

I can't sing the praises of Vert and Sokol enough.

Love ya both!
Melosa Baenlyl
53 Pathfinder
Bristlebane
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:01 AM   #20
Sabbina324
A Ghoul

Does anyone know if there's a fix for the Pet window, the buttons are all out of place now.
Sabbina324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:30 PM   #21
Goah
A Snow Cougar

Unhappy Any luck

Anyone have any luck fixing the lag with the spell gems for any Vert Mod? it is unbearable!
Goah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 02:19 PM   #22
JJ55x
A Bat

Use the default spell window or another one until its fixed... duh
JJ55x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 06:28 PM   #23
cloakedwonder
A Fire Beetle

Unhappy Same problem

Im haveing the same problem... the uber lag thing with the spell bar in vert 2.2... can one of you programming gods and goddesses post a fix for this

thankz
Old 10-17-2002, 09:58 PM   #24
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Same problem

I've found the problem with the spell gems window...see my post elsewhere in the Help section

Regards,
Feebb

Last edited by Feebbwin : 10-18-2002 at 08:58 AM.
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:22 PM   #25
Hazer
A Bat

Ok.. I'm gonna sound like an idiot here, but where do I get Vert 2.2?

I see Vert 2.2 mods (different colors and such), and I see Vert 1.1 (which I was using and I like the look of) but I can't find Vert 2.2.

Am I just stupid and Vert 2.2 isn't an updated version of 1.1, but rather a cluster of different color knockoffs that I have to choose from?
Hazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 01:23 AM   #26
Bear et al
A Fire Beetle

A post I read said that the program is searching for a missing file which it will try to do every few milliseconds. this is true and the results of it's fruitless search can be found in a file called textures.txt in your main EQ directory. In my case, the file it was repeatedly looking for is called ...tkspellbar.tga. Now then, I don't know which version of this file it wants but that's what it's looking for. the more it looks and can't find it makes a note which slows down the skin until it barely mvoes at times.
Bear et al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 07:25 AM   #27
Zaztik
A Gray Wolf

Also having very bad lag when the spell gems are up. Funny, 'cause I am using a different one then the one that comes with Vert 2.2.
Zaztik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #28
LanceManion
A Fire Beetle

Problem: The patch for EQUI_animations.xml available for download at the top of this thread includes script that attempts to call a file called tkspellbar.tga. I suspect Sokol altered his animations file somehow to allow the use of the vert version of the tking spell bar. This for sure causes problems with ordinary vert 2.2 installations, and probably causes problems for users of other spellbars. (In experimenting, I had the same problems with the default spellbar and with the tking spellbar.)

In another thread, Guille noticed that the call to tkspellbar.tga caused error messages to write constantly to the textures.txt error file. I strongly suggest that vert 2.2 users who downloaded the EQUI_animations.xml look for the textures.txt file in their everquest directory. Do you have this file? Is it very large? When you open it does it show errors trying to find tkspellbar.tga? If so, you have this problem.

Solution: This worked for me but please be aware its the first time I have tried messing with any of this stuff.

1. Delete the textures.txt file. Mine was already 65MB, making it really hard to open and read the errors. If this error reoccurs, you will know because a new textures file will be created in your everquest directory.

2. Open the EQUI_animations.xml that came with your install of Vert 2.2. I use the Canabis version but I suspect its pretty much the same for all versions. Find the source code, which will be near the bottom:

<!-- Spell Gem's -->
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpellGemHolder">
<Frames>
<Texture>window_pieces02.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>208</X>
<Y>216</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>45</CX>
<CY>32</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpellGemHighlight">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>0</X>
<Y>250</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>0</CX>
<CY>0</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpellGemBackground">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>209</X>
<Y>177</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>45</CX>
<CY>32</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<!-- Seperator -->

3. Copy this code. Open the file EQUI_animations.xml that came with this patch. (The fixed file you downloaded in this thread). Find and select the following source code:

<!-- TK Spell Gems -->
<TextureInfo item="tkspellbar.tga">
<Size>
<CX>255</CX>
<CY>255</CY>
</Size>
</TextureInfo>
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpellGemHolder">
<Frames>
<Texture>tkspellbar.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>48</X>
<Y>46</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>40</CX>
<CY>32</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpellGemHighlight">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>48</X>
<Y>79</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>40</CX>
<CY>32</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpellGemBackground">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>48</X>
<Y>46</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>40</CX>
<CY>32</CY>
</Size>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<!-- Seperator -->

4. Paste in the old vert code, replacing the TK Spell Gems information in the newer version of the EQUI_animations file. Make sure this modified version of EQUI_animations is the one in your Vert folder. Log in to EQ, load Vert as normal. Wait a bit, log out, and look for the textures.txt file. If it is not there the problem was fixed. Yay!

Note: I hope this works for you and would appreciate someone testing it because I could be wrong. There might be an easier way to edit the source but I just did find and replace between two comments because it was convenient. If you don't have an .xml editor there are several you can download for free. I don't have a way to host my file for download and I am reluctant to upload to the eqinterface site since this is just a workaround from a guy who doesn't know what he is doing (me). If anyone wants to host it I will email it to you. Hope this helps.
LanceManion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:33 AM   #29
ShadowcatK
A Ghoul

wow my texture.txt was 48 mb and filled with errors.

I see what you are talking about and the instructions were right on. unfortunetly windows will not let me copy/paste the .xml file section and when i try to open in word, the coding gets all funky.

i am using the crystal meth 2.2

can you post a file patch for the fix you are talking about Lance?

thanks

Edit: nm i got it heh. had to open both .xmls into word then alter accordingly. will let you know if this works

Last edited by ShadowcatK : 10-18-2002 at 10:42 AM.
ShadowcatK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 03:34 PM   #30
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

Okay, here's what I did because I was experiencing that horrendous lag myself. I followed the instructions adding in the new lines to the "old" animation file that Marcin posted here: http://pub32.ezboard.com/fsolusfrm5...picID=446.topic

Being that I'm completely XML illiterate, the simple instructions helped TONS! For those of you who don't want to fumble around with that like I did, here's a zip of the animations code that contains these fixes. Hopefully, this will help those of you not using the TKing spell bar.

edit: I forgot to mention that I use the Crystal Meth 2.2 version. I'm not sure if that will make any difference (I don't see why it would).
Attached Files
File Type: zip vertanimationfix_1016.zip (7.2 KB, 114 views)
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote