Very Very cool!!
Old 10-27-2002, 09:59 PM   #32
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Default PROGRESS

Work in progress

SCREENSHOT (actual resolution, jpeg compressed )

The red frame in attack mode will be 'inset', and so will not appear to cut through the right side bar... just wanted to test player window quick n dirty.

Chat windows will have some graphics, not sure about the old parchment thing, but they dont look good yet. They also should 'blend' with the rest of the ui, no visible window frames.

I worked many hourso nthe hotbox and I'm not happy with it yet.. I think the rock looks nice.. but the text doesnt show very well on it.
Old 10-27-2002, 10:03 PM   #33
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Looking nice so far. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:06 AM   #34
hochorz
A Ghoul

Default !!!

that brought a tear to my eye...absolutely beautiful

can't wait for the download....you are the rulest.

Old 10-28-2002, 01:08 PM   #35
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default Lol

Lol, I have to admit until recently I kept working on it in case other people might like it, I was still in doubt about the viewport.

Since I added Player Info & hotbox it's getting much nice, and I seriously like this UI

I thought I'd mention that while the viewport is smaller than full screen, the field of view does not change! Hence you get everything on your screen.

It has to be said though : this UI is NOT for windowed mode !

THink of it.. the window on your desktop is a viewport already, if, somehow, your EverQuest is not running fullscreen, you will be looking at a viewport IN a viewport ! Which makes it look quite smaller and cramped.

But fullscreen, oh my, I'm really really liking it so far..

PLANS

I need to at least finish the inventory and the right side, before I can release a Beta version.

From then on I hope I'll get some good play testing on it, and I will finish up all the windows (merchant, loot, tracking, options, advancement).

Most windows at the moment look not bad at all since I have replaced the default template with a 'stone' border, but the mix match ofnew UI and old UI pieces on some windows has to be worked on.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:14 PM   #36
bruenob
A Gray Wolf

Server: brell serilis
Default NICE...

What happened to the nice buff area on the right hand side? I know its not unfinished but have you put that in yet and the character was unbuffed or ? Nonetheless I really , really like it and its looking great! Just like you wanted it to look like which is an attribute to your skills. Don't rush it though. Get it like you want it and like it before releasing it. Just my thoughts.

Oh and I hope that character lived through that fight! hehe. Looks like some backside was getting beat!

Brueno
Old 10-28-2002, 07:24 PM   #37
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default PROGRESS

Work in progress, 28 Oct 2002 : EFFECTS WINDOW

Here you can see the buff window in game, after I asked some fellas in the Nexus to throw me all the crappy buffs they could spare

The colored background are a bit rough, and I find the icons really small, but I'll live.. maybe I 'll have a different version with just bigger icons and no text (as you can use Alt). This will have to be judged at beta phase when I receive enough feedback on it.

I personally would go for just icons, bigger, icons, as you can use the ALT key to show the names. The problem I was having is to have an arrangement you either need 5 rows of 3 icons, or you get 2 columns of 7 buffs plus one hanging somewhere.. if I use 5 rows of 3 icons, they still need to be smaller than 40x40, but I dont think the names will show properly with ALT when I have 3 buffs per row.. I have not tested this yet. I'm just SO IMPATIENT to do the inventory lol

See actual resolution here (1024x768)
(jpeg compressed, ~80kb)
SCREENSHOT

Btw, somehow I couldnt debuf myself (snare, root, tangling weeds, flamelick ..) even after removing some buffs.. it said 'You are protected from blabla..' so you dont see the RED background on the pic.. but trust me.. it's red ! :P

PS: Brueno Nothing on her back hehe, I just like to play in external view at least 50pct of the time, everytime I run around I use external view (tap F9 3 times) the view which you can steer left/right your character, also during fights I find it more interesting to wath my character fight, and it is more relaxing because the camera shakes a lot in first person during combat..

So I just remember I tap the F9 key 3 times then 2 times, then 3 times then 2 times etc.. I quickly tap 2 times to get in first person if I need to reposition or taunt something off someone, and this ... just because the 3rd view is Bugged and clicking a target doesnt work well, for example if you want to open a door sometime you have to go in 1st person to click it, even using the 'use' key in 3rd person will not work because that stupid game actually look at the center of the screen and sees your characyter's back instead of the door.. that is a stupid bug I filed already but nobody cares oh well
Old 10-28-2002, 08:55 PM   #38
bruenob
A Gray Wolf

Server: brell serilis
Default Great

Looking super! The spell bar thing is a little weird hanging out in the center screen area but I guess thats just how its gotta be so that's livable. Can't wait til ya put it in beta. Not sure I'll use it on my main yet but I'll definately let an alt test it up for ya! Great work!! I'm sure this will be a very popular UI once its finished and well worth the work.

BruenoB
Old 10-28-2002, 10:24 PM   #39
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Default SPELL BAR is not done yet

I need to make 2 versions because the spell bar window does not work for pure melees. So for now I work for the pure melee version and I didn't bother with the spell bar yet, the spell gems WILL be in the slots on the sidebar.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:58 AM   #40
trib
A Treant

do you think you could leave xp in the inventory mode? i don't like to look at it while hunting...

i like the buffs the way they are, dont change them!

also, what happened to the group window? could you remove the abilities window and put the group in that space or move the buff window down and put group above it?
Old 10-29-2002, 09:38 AM   #41
hochorz
A Ghoul

Default looking good

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy

I would like to sign up to beta test your UI please...hahah. I like the layout, just curious about the group window.

Personally, I like seeing my XP while I'm hunting, but it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't there if you need the space.

I like the inven/mele slots, I think that will prove to be quite useful and convenient.

Maybe have the character information in the player window (lvl, class/title, etc) and perhaps percentages on hp/mana..etc.

I like the buffs the way they are, that's the way they are on my current skin. I just can't get used to the new icon graphics and I get confused as to which buffs are still up when I can't see the names

Everything looks good, keep it up!

Last edited by hochorz : 10-29-2002 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:36 AM   #42
doban
A Bat

Default Wow, super nice!

This is just what I've been looking for. Really good job you've done here!!

I was just about to start a project to do this my self but I have been too lazy.

I would LOVE to try your interface... guess I'd have to wait.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:44 PM   #43
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Lightbulb discussion

trib

Quote:
do you think you could leave xp in the inventory mode? i don't like to look at it while hunting...

Difficult choice here. If I follow Verant's design with EverQuest, I would not display experience on the main view. THis is probably what I should do, and I WANT to follow the game's design, actually.

However I tend to switch the inventory on and off very often after a fight, especially at lower levels (I have tons of sub-40 alts), because sometimes a blue mob experience will be next to nothing, so you can never 'trust' the game that fighting blue mobs will be a good hunt. You always have to check when you try something new. :/

I thought I might as well put this up on the main view instead of switching the inventory on and off all the time

All I can say for now is I will be putting more thought into it.

Quote:
what happened to the group window?

There should be a scrrenshot somewhere of the horizontal group window. My last decision was to go with the horizontal design, and see what people think once it is in Beta. The advbantages for the horizontal design is that it's going to be hard to fit the vertical group window in there with the buffs now, and that the horizontal bar can be toggled on and off which is more flexibility, it thens shows at the bottoms or people may even like to put it at the top of the main view.

hochorz

Quote:
Personally, I like seeing my XP while I'm hunting, but it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't there if you need the space.

Yes, you more or less confirm what I think, I think most people would want it but could live without it on the main view.. I should probably leave it in the inventory... I need to see what use i can make of that space otherwise. If I put other statistics there design-wise it would be just the same as to leave the experience there. Any ideas what you would put there ?

Quote:
Maybe have the character information in the player window (lvl, class/title, etc) and perhaps percentages on hp/mana..etc

I dont have enough space even to display the full HP correctly at the moment Basically I am trying to not display too much information on the main view, it needs to 'breathe' if you will. Ideally what yu want on the main viw is the essential information and nothing else, similar to web design actually PS: the percents will be there for HP and mana

Quote:
I like the inven/mele slots, I think that will prove to be quite useful and convenient

Glad you like it, I think it will be perfect for bard, melee swapping, or even to have a bag always available to drop foraged items and things.

Thanks for feedback, it';s good to have this discussion while I am working on it, every space on this interface need to be thought a lot, as when it is coded in XML it is very time consuming to change it to something else.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:35 PM   #44
Trevelyen
A Ghoul

Send a message via AIM to Trevelyen Send a message via Yahoo to Trevelyen
Default Old School UI

The UI looks really nice, but if u want to get a true old school UI u can just do NewUI=FALSE but ur UI is really kewl, I like everything about it only wish it would be finished sooner.

You should have a few versions of with the inv on the screen and not, because i know i dont use them. Hope this helps, ill check back later when i have more time...

Off to go level in paludal with my BL.
Druid of the 5th ring of the 4th circle
Brell Serilis
Old 10-30-2002, 11:44 AM   #45
hochorz
A Ghoul

Default go with it!

I share your opinions of not having it be too "busy". I say go with it as is in the last screen shot. The framework you've got in place right now is very well put together and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'll even get used to the horizontal group window ;P

Job well done!!!

/5 <whoot!>

Again, you are the Rulest!