User Name
Password

Old 10-20-2002, 05:44 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default This Bugs me the most about bazaar

Ok, I am sorry, but the person selling this stuff priced it 1 silver or 1 gold less than other people in the bazaar

Here is what bugs me, Why would i try to find this person for ONE gold or ONE silver

please if your selling in the bazaar, if you want to intice people.. go 5 plat 10 plat hell 50 plat.. less... not one gold or one silver.. that is just Insulting!

/rant off

Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:34 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Ohh come on all the stores do it!
You never see a store with a price $100... its always $99.99

People seem to drive 20 extra miles for a sale on somthing that is only a saveings of $1 - $2.

However I dont. I'm one that values my time and will pay the fair price and not spend tuns of time to get a small discount.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 06:42 PM   #3
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya
Default ROFL!

ok I shouldnt laugh but I am

I sold top end tradeskill products at decent profit until the bazaar so I feel your pain ...really

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 07:04 PM   #4
Gixxerryder
A Treant

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via AIM to Gixxerryder
Default JC and the Bazaar

Having a grandmaster skill in Jewelcrafting used to be a profitable thing to have untill the bazaar came out , since then i havnt even tried to make any money on JC , in fact seeing how close to cost people sell there stuff in there makes me wanna cry somtimes , just to think.... 14k of training and no reward but a JC trophie..

Gixxerryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 08:34 PM   #5
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Especially when you could be a lazy ass like me and spend 100pp and Grandmaster in baking ^.^ Plus, we get a spoon as our trophy, which is haw-haw-HAWsome, whereas JC gets something with an item that looks like a used condem. I think we all see who the winner here is. The lazy bums!!! Go capitalism! Mother Kaladim will crush your pathetic hardworking fools! Bwahaha!...hah!

Sorry, little soviet moment there. Take care of yerselves.
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:25 AM   #6
Kelric

Server: Brell Serilis

Being both stubborn and perverse, I just end up refusing to buy form that type of person, no matter how much better their prices are... they obviously have little respect for their potential buyers.

Or maybe it has to do with working in CS...
Old 10-21-2002, 08:18 AM   #7
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

What bugs me the most is people that insist on making Ogres an Trolls and using them as bazaar mules.

Ever tied to find a wood elf trader trapped literally inside an ogre?

Ever set up as a trader in a nice open spot and come back to find yourself unable to move cause the ogre mules parked in front and all around you have you blocked in so tightly all you can do is gate? (And then you'd better hope you're bound close to a bank or you'll never move again... those traders satchels are HEAVY!!)

There is no reason to have to make a troll or ogre mule. The zone is weightless. If that's your main and that's who has the items in the bank, then either make a mule in a small race and hand things off to them or buy a shrink potion and use it before you set up.

There ought to be restrictions on what races can be mules. Or large races should auto shrink as soon as they enter the zone.

/rant off
Old 10-21-2002, 02:47 PM   #8
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro

I don't buy anything from the folks that price their junk a bit of pocket change below someone else... seems just a tad too commercialized when they do that. If the price isn't at least 25 platinum less, I just buy from the other person - who probably set the price first.

Most of the tards that do that 1cp - 1pp less pricing are the same idiots that would have set the price 5k above what it normally is.
I've actually paid 100 platinum more for an item, just to avoid the people that set a price of 999pp 9gp 9sp 9cp... why would i want to create more change for myself?
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:27 PM   #9
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Yelara
What bugs me the most is people that insist on making Ogres an Trolls and using them as bazaar mules.

Ever tied to find a wood elf trader trapped literally inside an ogre?

Ever set up as a trader in a nice open spot and come back to find yourself unable to move cause the ogre mules parked in front and all around you have you blocked in so tightly all you can do is gate? (And then you'd better hope you're bound close to a bank or you'll never move again... those traders satchels are HEAVY!!)

There is no reason to have to make a troll or ogre mule. The zone is weightless. If that's your main and that's who has the items in the bank, then either make a mule in a small race and hand things off to them or buy a shrink potion and use it before you set up.

There ought to be restrictions on what races can be mules. Or large races should auto shrink as soon as they enter the zone.

/rant off

I can go one better... Ogre on a box... WTF IS THE POINT!!!

"oooh lets see who do i want to buy from.. WAIT its an ogre on a box, how did he do that.. lets see what he has" ---NOT!!

hehehe

Kudane
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:32 PM   #10
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

yeah, all of the above bugs me too... esp when you are trying to find that lil wood elf or dark elf trader buried inside the ogres... Heh the only things i even set prices in gp or sp are things that i am selling for ONLY gp or sp =P ya know the silly little things, like the plain hand drum ya keep in the bank for a CR when you are a bard... i mean you buy it at a vendor for 5gp something, so sell in the bazaar for 3gp just to get rid of it when you have better... LOL laugh if you must but i sold them! hehehe =) Or the Morning dew when i dont' have a whole stack just one or 2 ... ah, gimme a couple gold and you can have it frees up a whole inventory slot for me hehe... To be honest i think they should only allow one form of currency to be set on an item at all... like only silver or only copper or only gold or plat... that would be far less annoying. Ah, well, that's my 2cp worth =P
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 06:09 PM   #11
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

I personally liked the 'trader stuck in the ceiling/canopy' trick.
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 09:20 PM   #12
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Wait... so you guys are displeased that someone set their price... lower than someone else?

A silver piece is a silver piece. I buy the lowest price I can find - every time.
ReallyLongTypist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 12:49 PM   #13
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Angry No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally posted by tadashya
I personally liked the 'trader stuck in the ceiling/canopy' trick.

Nothing worse than finding someone who is selling a product for a real nice price only to find when you arrive at the location a pillar. I feverently click around trying to find the individual and even looking up, to no avail. I cannot find the person at all. Why bother selling in the place if your not going to make yourself available for purchases. You send a tell to the individual (who just made a 'shout' that they have the cheapest items available) that they cannot be targeted and they dont answer your tells. This infuriates me to no end. Why bother even being there...

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:13 PM   #14
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

Quote:
Wait... so you guys are displeased that someone set their price... lower than someone else?

hehe it's worth a sp or cp or even gp to me not to see a messy bazaar browser =P My eyesight isn't the best so less clutter on the screen = eaisier time reading it, and not having to resize the price column width to accomodate that kinda stuff hehehe =) As it is i change all the backgrounds on everything i have to plain black and set alpha to 100% for both normal and faded hehehe =) So, yep, it's a bit irritating to me to see peeps setting prices 1cp or gp lower, or 1sp lower LOL. Now don't get me wrong if the plat part of that price is significantly lower than the next one up i'll still buy from that peep, but yes that has kept me from buying from a person who did that... i'll buy from the person who is just selling at plat only over the person who sets their prices in that fashion.
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:48 PM   #15
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Then it seems to me you guys are more displeased with the UI than with the people...
ReallyLongTypist is offline   Reply With Quote