User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2002, 08:24 PM   #16
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Files and changes.

EQUI.xml file the only difference between this and the default si that it does not contain the players note window feature, nor the gem window feature.

In short you do NOT need it to enable RAID window

EQUI_RaidWindowOption.xml
This is the default file you do not need it it's contained in the default directory and will be loaded by default if it's not in your UI directory.

EQUI_RaidWindow.xml
This is the default file you do not need it it's contained in the default directory and will be loaded by default if it's not in your UI directory.

EQUI_AAWindow.xml

The only file that is necesary is the EQUI_Animations.xml
file. you do not have to have the other files as they are loaded from the default file.

Adding extra files into the vert directory makes bigger problems when Verant decides to patch again, by leaving them in the default directory they get patched by Verant and you do not have to update them.

Hope this helps answer the questions.

-Sokol
Old 10-23-2002, 09:53 PM   #17
Alyster
A Bat

Unhappy Still not working

I've downloaded the full version a couple times now. Deleted all of my other UIskins except default and I still can't get it to work.

Everytime I log in a /loadskin it gives me the option to choose Vert but when I do it just loads up the default skin again.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 10-24-2002, 05:15 AM   #18
Dilrolf
A Bat

I have found... if it matters that the /loadskin utility VI released (ie the little gui window) does not seem to work. When ever I use that gui to try to load any skin I get the default skin. If I use the older style /loadskin vert 1 command it loads the skins perfectly and BTW the raid window works flawlewssly with the Vert mods I've personally used it without any changes being made on my part.

Dilrolf
Old 10-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #19
Sokol

Yes, using the GUI to load Vert does not work. Not for ANY verts nor probly any UI unsure as I only use verts. But type /load (Name of vert folder here) it will work.

-Sokol
Old 10-24-2002, 04:13 PM   #20
Grev
A Bat

Default cursor

I use the entire set, but ...cough... didnt like the cursor (shammy epic lookalike), how do i get the regular one. Tried to remove the things i thought was cursor, but didnt help
Old 10-24-2002, 07:31 PM   #21
Skarlett
A Crystal Gargoyle

Am I missing something? I looked in the download section at the pop update and all I see is a picture to view. No file to download....

~Skarlett
Old 10-25-2002, 01:41 AM   #22
Caflor
A Gray Wolf

Server: AB
Default Re: cursor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grev
I use the entire set, but ...cough... didnt like the cursor (shammy epic lookalike), how do i get the regular one. Tried to remove the things i thought was cursor, but didnt help

Thanks for the UI, this is the best i have used so far. I have only one problem, aproximately half the time i start up, the game locks up on the char select screen. Seems it only does it, when the shammie epic is on instead of normal cursor. Is there a fix to this? (And even better, a fix with the wiz epic instead of the shaman one :-)

-Caflor
Old 10-25-2002, 08:55 PM   #23
chos
A Fire Beetle

This is by far the best skin to date IMO, but I'm getting rather tired of seeing "Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin default 1" to load the EverQuest default skin." message every time I zone. This has only happened since the 10/25 patch. Can we expect a fix in the near future?

-chos
Old 10-25-2002, 09:13 PM   #24
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Anyone got any idea what part isn't compatable by chance?

Cragzak Bonehead ~ Baron Ogre Warlord
Tarew Marr Server
Old 10-26-2002, 05:07 AM   #25
liliputt
A Ghoul

Server: Tallon Zek

OK I downloaded this and yeah I like it but why is it like nearly 4.5mb?
It has alot of files named after each class - can someone explain what these are for.

Sorry if its obvious
Old 10-26-2002, 03:10 PM   #26
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by liliputt
OK I downloaded this and yeah I like it but why is it like nearly 4.5mb?
It has alot of files named after each class - can someone explain what these are for.

Sorry if its obvious

Yes, it should not be so big, he copied all the default files to it, thats a bad thing, just DL the standard Vert 22 from the featured artist section for Vert.

Sokol

ALSO just remove the bazaarsearchwindow.xml file from verts ui and the error message for bad xml will go away.
Vert fixed a bug verant had in this file long before verant fixed it, now sony patched to it, and you do not need this file in verts directory.

Sokol
Old 10-26-2002, 04:37 PM   #27
Spooks
A Treant

It doesn't work flawlessly. I deleted my entire raid directories, and downloaded new files from the server. then I downloaded the crystalmetrh complete UI mod posted above. When you're in a raid and you try to load it, it crashes you to desktop
Old 10-26-2002, 05:38 PM   #28
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Spooks
It doesn't work flawlessly. I deleted my entire raid directories, and downloaded new files from the server. then I downloaded the crystalmetrh complete UI mod posted above. When you're in a raid and you try to load it, it crashes you to desktop

Look at the UI errors text, this has not happened with any I've herd from so far, and I have screen shots of it in use. when you say new files What new files?

-Sokol
Old 10-26-2002, 07:00 PM   #29
Ynar
A Ghoul

Server: Al'Kabor
Default Not Compatible

This has probably been covered elsewhere, but I believe that the "not compatible" messages are due only to the /bazaar window's new functionality as of 10/25. It's looking for components to use for the new Maxprice and Minprice information.

I'm sure the major skin authors will have fixes out shortly. In the meantime, there are only two problems I've experienced:
  • Annoying "Not Compatible" message and,
  • No maxprice or minprice in /bazaar window

I've experienced no crashes, and have even used the /bazaar window with no problems. You just don't see the extra info.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #30
Aiela
A Bat

Server: Vazaelle

Ok -- count me as braindead, but... I still cannot access a normal book without getting the entirety of the spellbook behind it, plus extra crud, which makes it effectively impossible to read any books found in the Library in New Tanaan.

Any suggestions on a patch to allow for a readable book?