User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2002, 02:12 PM   #1
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin
Default Ael's New Patch-Proof UI

Here's my newest rendition of BlueFantasy. It's compatible with the current patch and should be compatible with all future ones. (screenshot is from today- see music player!)

Features:
Seamless no-borders UI. Designed for /viewport. Takes up nearly no space; mouse-friendly. Mynlaeni's tube gauges, lots of t.king art, Athee's loc wizard, Xymarra's castbar with big gems, my small t.king inventory, and more. See screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aeluin.jpg (177.2 KB, 3826 views)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 11-19-2002, 02:21 PM   #2
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

here's the first part of the zip. This one also contains the ini file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip aeluin1.zip (390.7 KB, 395 views)
Old 11-19-2002, 02:22 PM   #3
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

here's part 2:
Attached Files
File Type: zip aeluin2.zip (684.4 KB, 333 views)
Old 11-19-2002, 02:23 PM   #4
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

and part 3:
Attached Files
File Type: zip aeluin3.zip (733.8 KB, 306 views)
Old 11-19-2002, 02:29 PM   #5
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

You must download all three zip files. To install:

Unzip all three files to your desktop. Open your UIFiles folder and create a new folder-call it whatever you want. Now open each of the aeluin folders, open the folder inside, select all the files and move them to the folder you created in your uifiles directory.

The skin is now available. To get the window setup and have EQ load the skin when you sign on, you need to use the ini file I provided. Open the folder aeluin1 and you will see a file called UI_YourCharacterName_YourServerNumber. Now open your Everquest directory and you will see a similar file for each of your characters. Find the character you want to use my UI with and note what their file is called. Rename the file I provided to that, then paste it into the EQ directory over the old one.

When you log onto that character the skin should be loaded. Change your resolution to 1280x1024 and you're good to go.

Edit: This release should remain patch-proof as long as you do NOT alter any of the following:
EQUI.xml
EQUI_Animations.xml
EQUI_Templates.xml

The only exception is if Sony decides to make major changes to the hardcoding of any window I have modified. If that should happen and your UI breaks, you need to simply delete the offending file from your custom directory until such time as a fix is available.

Edit 2: As this is a complete set, most individual pieces cannot stand on their own as written. If you are taking pieces for a mix-and-match, all the shared code that the windows depend on is in EQUI_Aeluin.xml; find those portions that you need and take them along with the windows you want.

If you want to add another mod to the set, however, there should be no problems. You can remove or change any file other than the three listed above and EQUI_Aeluin.xml and everything will still work and the UI will retain its patch-proof characteristics.

Last edited by aeluin : 11-19-2002 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:06 PM   #6
Buzze
A Bat

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via AIM to Buzze

Hi, nice UI, I will try it out.

How do you change the viewport? I have heard of a command to type but I'm not sure which numbers to use. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2002, 07:15 PM   #7
Uahaa
A Ghoul

Server: The Nameless
Send a message via ICQ to Uahaa

/viewport x y x y

where the first x y is postion relativ to top left corner
and the second x y is size of the screen
Old 11-19-2002, 07:45 PM   #8
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Nice work, but could you post this as ONE zip file to the Download section... it has a higher size limit (2 meg) and you should be able to get it all on 1.. (may have to take out Athee's loc guide and link where you got it)

I will link it back to this post as soon as you do if you will post it..

then you can keep better tabs on whats going on with it.. and not need to keep 3 files here.

(kinda why we put in the DL section)

BUT AGAIN.. nice work

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 11-19-2002, 08:17 PM   #9
kreeden
A Gray Wolf

just tried your UI, did it as said on your instructions, but it loaded up the viewport settings, and all the windows in the right place, but they are the default style windows.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:19 PM   #10
kreeden
A Gray Wolf

nm, fixed.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:58 PM   #11
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

hehe Kudane- trying to keep people away from the download section for now because there are two old versions of the UI available there, neither of which will work anymore. Speaking of which, I'd appreciate it if you'd remove bluefantasy and bluefantasy1.

On the assumption that you'll do that, I'm uploading the new version now.

Edit: You're right, I can't fit Athee's loc chart in 2 mb so I'm posting it here as an attachment for those who want it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_feedbackwnd.zip (49.4 KB, 87 views)
Old 11-20-2002, 02:08 PM   #12
Gnost
A Fire Beetle

Love the UI, one question, where are the buffs? I might of just missed it, but does the buff window have the names of the buffs listed? Major thing for me
Old 11-21-2002, 02:29 PM   #13
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Ah- I'm using Cairenn's 3 line buff window, which does indeed have names. If you use my INI file you'll notice your buffs show up across the top of the screen, as large icons with the names directly below them. The window is almost entirely transparent, with a 'handle' at the top which I have hidden above the edge of the screen.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:37 PM   #14
Zenimer
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Zenimer
Question Help question

I've been using Blue Fantasy since I first ran across it. Its a excelent UI and thank for posting it so that we can use it!

I found the new version yesterday and haven't been able to get it to work (mainly the music player, and Athee's loc wizard :confused Everything thing else is looking and working correctly. I've gone into the UI and tried to move the loc so it was on the screen and nothing happen. Has anyone else had this problem yet?

I know there is a play for the default UI, and it was in the middle of the screen.

I admit plainly that I don't know much about coding and such, so please forgive me if this question isnt enough information. My email is [email protected] for more questions.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:57 PM   #15
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

I'm not entirely clear- are you using the version posted in this thread, or the old new version available as bluefantasy1 in the downloads section? That version works but as you have noticed the mp3 player isn't in it- however if you like it better than this one you can fix it with Cairenn's patch fix.

And to open the loc chart you type /f. This command is hardcoded and can't be changed.