Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 11-24-2002, 10:41 PM   #16
sinead
A Ghoul

Thumbs up

EXCELLENT mod, Jobeken.

I particularly like the texture you use to fill the sphere. Heh heh sat in NFP with my Shadowknight mod bitch for almost an hour dotting myself just to watch it move.

Though I am pretty determined to use only original graphics in the UI, I will take you up on your offer and browse your coding heavily.

Having not yet solved the problem of the working, lag-repellant vertical gauge, it is likely that I will try to get the UI put together with good old horizontal gauges as soon as possible, so that we can have SOMETHING to release, and can then focus our efforts on the vertical gauges.

Be looking for working versions of this mod, minus the keystone vertical gauges, in a few weeks. Due to the fact that I refuse to give up on the vertical gauge idea until I either make it work, or become 100% convinced that it cannot, the UI is being tentatively named "Adversity".

Adversity UI 1.0 - Coming soon!
Old 12-18-2002, 11:05 PM   #17
Jilkscom56
A Ghoul

Server: The Rathe
Send a message via AIM to Jilkscom56
Default Tabs! on the bottom?

I was looking at the UI pic, and I noticed that to fin the Actions Window in the Tabs were placed at the bottom of the window. Can this be done? Am I being stupid asking this question? where are my pants?
Old 12-19-2002, 12:09 AM   #18
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I like this idea. Especially the way the exp things are. Seperate spheres for the blue and the orange. I'm guessing a whole blue sphere = 1 blue bubble on the normal gauge right?

BTW, I think we should start one big thread and have lots and lots of people "sign" it. What they'd be signing for is to try getting SoE to make vertical gauges for us. Maybe if we get enough people they'd do it. We have over 58,000 registered members right? Even if we only got half that amount of people to sign, that's still a lot of people.
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Old 12-19-2002, 02:22 PM   #19
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

One more thing. The I think the chat windows should be bigger. One of the most important things I look for in an interface is readability. I don't want to have to keep scrolling up and down trying to read something while spam flies by because the chat window is too small. That's in 800 x 600 though right? So I suppose the chat windows would be bigger in 1024 x 768.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:18 PM   #20
nytekat
A Hill Giant

Server: xegony

I really love your ui concepts. I love dragons above all things and the 2 you have are just georgeous!!! only thing I have to ask is can you move them out a bit more.. with them being in the middle like that it takes a bit more room to see above them. I think if you could move them down the "curve" a bit you would still have that nice curve (btw I totally understand about the curve saving lots of resso remakes and I love the idea) but give more view to see what's in front of ya. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:47 PM   #21
nytekat
A Hill Giant

Server: xegony

come on... please don't abandon this idea! If your having trouble with the gauges just do it to fill sideways instead of up wards... it's still nice as long as you have the percents. I love the start but dissapointed at the lack of updates on this
Old 01-25-2003, 03:00 PM   #22
Lasagna
A Snow Cougar

I agree... SOMEONE make this mod please!
Old 01-25-2003, 03:45 PM   #23
kopiwar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Povar

wow this mod does rule... hope to see it downloadable soon..
Old 08-07-2003, 01:09 PM   #24
sunjenn
A Ghoul

Is anyone working on this ui still?
Old 08-07-2003, 03:10 PM   #25
jobeken
A Shissar Disciple

This UI was impossible to implement with vertical gauges...But you know, I just had a really, really strange idea while writing out how to make a color changing gauge ...

Who says the spheres have to empty? If I make emptying spheres I need 100gauges (or a few less if I use some art tricks to make you see 100%) but if I layer color changing gauges, say for evey 5% of health to be a different color, it could work. . . Not for healers mind you, but for everyone else just seeing a color and a percent might be doable ...

Hmmm I *MAY* work on that abit hehehe
Old 08-07-2003, 03:19 PM   #26
sunjenn
A Ghoul

I read over the whole topic and was thinking of designing the ui without the Sphere going top to bottom but maybe left to right until its posibel to do the other one.