User Name
Password

Old 11-28-2002, 01:11 AM   #16
JarynVZ
A Snow Cougar

Server: Vallon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

As for the font size, simply click in the chat box you want to change and type /chatfontsize 4 (or 5, etc).

Jaryn
JarynVZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 09:55 AM   #17
jagz2006
A Fire Beetle

grr! i want to dl this, but my monitor wont let me go about 1024/768 res! its a 17inch cheap piece of crap (cant even find the brand name). my video card isnt the problem for sure (geforce 4 ti 4600). is there any way to force a higher resolution?
Old 11-28-2002, 01:12 PM   #18
TANUVYEN
A Fire Beetle

Default direct x issues

i follow the instructions and whenever eq starts up there is an error with direct X and it wont work. i think it has something to do with the part of the instructions where u edit ur eqini. in your eq directory from the old one to the new one that is in the download. also, you say to delete your UI_xoroduz_86.ini and put that name on the file UI_casters(or pure melee)_86.ini but my original ui character file thing doesnt have ini. after it. any feedback would really help, thanks
Old 11-28-2002, 03:09 PM   #19
JarynVZ
A Snow Cougar

You need to go to your windows preferences and enable file extentions to be displayed , you currently have them hidden.

Hundreds of people are using the UI with no such problems. If you are getting a direct x error, you should make sure you have the newest video card drivers and perhaps re-install Direct X 8.1.

Once you have file extentions enabled you'll probably have to delete your eqclient.ini and the UI_yourname_##.ini in your EQ directory, then the jaryn folder in your uifiles directory, then re-install.

As always, make sure your video card and monitor support running in 1280 x1024 mode.

I'm not here to provide tech support, but hopefully this will help you.
Old 11-28-2002, 04:29 PM   #20
Caead
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy Didn't work for me =(

Hi, first off I wanted to say it looked real good, I downloaded it and changed monitor to the size you suggested, but had lots of problems... first, it retained the old UI with all the boxes in the original spaces/sizes... even after doing Select Skin... second, LOL My char, when I removed items, was literally nekid =P and his face looked like Robo-Cop and Terminator with metal plating.

Any ideas wtf happened? hehe any help would be greatly appreciated, might try to go reinstall it now

Caeadweu
40 Bard
Xev
Caead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 04:42 PM   #21
JarynVZ
A Snow Cougar

Follow the directions carefully please. If you follow them to the tee, you won't have to set anything. All the settings are in the ini and xml files. Just log in after following the instuctions to the tee and it will be completely set up for you.

If you have followed the directions to the tee, your video card/monitor cannot support 1280x1024 resolution.

Jaryn.
Old 11-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #22
Caead
A Gray Wolf

Lightbulb DUH

LOL Stupid me... right after I downloaded another UI that was just to see how it worked, and didnt install it.. however, it said it that it was an automatic installer or something. I went back and redid the install process for your's, and am going to try it agin now. Hopefully this time it will work.

BTW, a quick question: the folder that we move over from the download into the uifiles in EQ directory, is that jaryn, or the entire unzipped folder containing the UI_<Char's Name>_<Server Number>.ini files?

Thank again, hope to be back with good news!

Caeadweu

EDIT: I tried it again, and this time my bard wasn't a nekid Terminator, but the rest of the skin didn't load. My computer should be able to run this screen size, so I don't believe that is the problem.

Last edited by Caead : 11-28-2002 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:17 PM   #23
JarynVZ
A Snow Cougar

Caead, please read the instuctions again carefully. You only have to move over the folder named "jaryn" to the folder named uifiles in your EQ directory and then the other 2 files to your main EQ directory. Again, all the directions are in the ReadMe that came with the download.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:17 PM   #24
JarynVZ
A Snow Cougar

3.0 is now ready and posted.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:26 PM   #25
Caead
A Gray Wolf

I'm sorry for making you go through all this work, but I'm curious about one thing: in the instructions for 3.0 (which I'm going to try) it states that "You will need to rename
this file to something like UI_Xerxus_86.ini For example, if your character name is Blizzy
and your server number was 86, your file should be named UI_Blizzy_86.ini" . I have a question regarding this: my file in the Jaryn folder currently says only UI_Caeadweu_83, with my char as Caeadweu and server as Xev 83. Do I need to add the .ini to the end of the file in the folder?

EDIT: Another question: does it matter if I change the amt. of Luclin graphics in Options to full?

Last edited by Caead : 11-28-2002 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:06 PM   #26
JarynVZ
A Snow Cougar

Luclin and Velious graphics have nothing to do with your UI. To turn on your file extentions on your computer, please seek windows technical help.

Again, if you follow the directions to the tee and your computer is compatible, you will have no problems with installing the UI.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:59 PM   #27
TANUVYEN
A Fire Beetle

Default ehhh

i have all the updated drivers and ofcourse the updated version of directX or else i wouldnt be playing eq at all. i dont expect you to be like a customer service rep like the guy who keeps repetively posting questions that would be answered if he just read the instructions but yes ive done exactly what the instructions say , everything is where it should be, ive trippled checked. yes i switched the windows preferences so theyll show. im convinced its something with the editted eq.ini . but you are not a customer service rep so im not gonna bother asking you whats wrong or how to fix it. but if u do ever come across any ideas then could you post any that come to mind, k thanks
TANUVYEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 09:22 PM   #28
SinjoFV
A Gray Wolf

Server: Firona Vie

Any chance yea an toss a version of this out in 1600x1200?
SinjoFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 10:42 PM   #29
Rasten
A Bat

Talking

Great UI m8 worked first time for me keep up the good work!
Rasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 12:28 AM   #30
redshift
A Bat

Just wanted to say thanks for your great work on this project. Keep it up, it's appreciated.
redshift is offline   Reply With Quote