Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #31
Elpiper
A Hill Giant

Server: Torvonnilous

Nice addition. I've been using the /loc guide since Athee came out with it and I find it invaluable. Of course I changed all the occurrences of the word "succor" to "evac" - coz wizards don't succor.

This will also make it easier to fix errors (for example, the Rockhopper Cave and the ME entrance and not at the exact same loc in Dawnshroud Peak).

Thanks again for the work you've put into this.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #32
doey
A Gray Wolf

Smile Zip File - All ready?

Hey there! Love this loc mod - it rocks =)

Quick question- I saw a bit of tweaking a couple of users made to your original loc tool to help out and fix some bugs. My question - Is the zip file still okay to download? or should we wait for another release.

As you can see from my question, I am a noob when it comes to xml and I don't want to mess anything up...hehe

Thanks Again.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:58 PM   #33
keiz
A Treant

Server: Prexus
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

All you guys workin on custom TXT files (spell lists, tradeskill recipes, etc.), please post 'em. I'd love to see them and I'm sure many others would, too!

I'll correct those locs for the ZIP file for KeizLoc3, thanks for pointing out the errors! Anybody caught any others?

Oh, and doey... Feel free to download it right now. You can make the few minor corrections yourself in the TXT files and then run those through the KeizLoc program.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:25 PM   #34
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Keiz, I just wanted to say thanks for KeizLoc2 with the HelpWindow support! That thing is great... I gave it to a bunch of friends and everyone has great things to say about it!

Keep up the great work!

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Old 01-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #35
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

Where do we find Keizloc2?

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Old 01-24-2003, 10:42 PM   #36
keiz
A Treant

Click "View keiz's Skins" off to the left of one of my posts, or this link. Filename is KeizLoc2.zip. Hope it works out for you!
Old 01-24-2003, 10:46 PM   #37
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

what were the diffrences you put in it from version 1 to 2? I am at work so i am not on the computer I can try it out on for my Tinker recipies.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:53 PM   #38
keiz
A Treant

Changes in KeizLoc2:

1. Now works in either the Feedback or the Help Window, but you don't have to have a Feedback or Help tab if you don't want it. (KeizLoc3 will work in several more windows).

2. All colors are customizable.

3. You can rename the window (change the titlebar text).

4. You may choose to have your window be resizable, or to hardcode it at any size you like. HScroll available to resizable windows and smaller-than-default windows.

5. Much longer Comment field so your tradeskill recipe format will work. Also added a 2nd type of Comment, identical to the other Comment field except for color. Bit more flexibility.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:46 AM   #39
daydream
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Send a message via AIM to daydream Send a message via Yahoo to daydream
Smile

Keiz, looks like EQ doesn't like the "/" character either.

I am working on an Enchanter Spell tab, but when I load the skin in game, it only shows spells up to a certain amount... (Level 51-54 spells) Is there a max to the size of the Feedback.xml file?

I love this Loc guide =)
Old 02-13-2003, 11:55 AM   #40
Jhade
A Gray Wolf

Default Font Size

Is there anyway to adjust the font size on just this portion of the UI and not the entire UI
Old 02-13-2003, 12:44 PM   #41
doey
A Gray Wolf

Unhappy problems after 2/8 patch

I finally had it workin great ....but then VI had to patch and screw it up for me. Anyone else having any problems?

Specifically, my loc mod won't load. It says "error loading loc/" Other cusom Ui's are loading fine but when i add on this "feedback.xml" it causes all custom UI to change to default.

Any solutions would be appreciated.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:07 AM   #42
keiz
A Treant

Daydream: thanks for pointing that out. I'll add "/" to the list of don't!s in the KeizLoc3 release.
As for a maximum size... The very well could be. But I haven't ever run into a problem like that. Mind posting your spell TXT file as an attachment? And what other tabs are you including?

Jhade: not yet! But there should be in KeizLoc3.

Doey: you are the first to have problems since the patch that I am aware of. Mind posting your UIErrors.txt and EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml files as attachments?
Old 02-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #43
daydream
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare
Send a message via AIM to daydream Send a message via Yahoo to daydream

I just replaced the Succor tab with my spells tab. All of the enchanter spells from 1-60 are included. While i was tinkering with it, i noticed that sometimes the spells go up to 54, sometimes to mid 55

another note-- loading my character into the game after the character selection screen takes an eternity! Do you think this my be because of the huge feedback.xml file?

(tabs.txt)

Old World oldworld.txt
Kunark kunark.txt
Velious velious.txt
Luclin luclin.txt
PoP pop.txt
Spells spells.txt
Books books.txt

the spells.txt file is attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt spells.txt (21.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-14-2003, 03:35 PM   #44
keiz
A Treant

Hmmm... Well, I ran into the same problem when I tried to run your TXT file through. KeizLoc generates the XML, but EQ cuts off that page somewhere near the end. So it seems there is indeed a maximum number of lines you can put on a page.

It does not seem to care how many pages you have, however. So I split your spell list into two pages: 1-49 spells and 50-65 spells, and everything worked just fine.

Probably not what you had in mind, but it works... I'll keep tweakin' things to see if I can get it to all fit on one page, and if I come up with a way I'll let you know!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:53 AM   #45
Talon Razeil
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tribunal
Send a message via Yahoo to Talon Razeil

i too, am having failure loading the loc. it doesn't load up for me either. i don't see a equi_feedback file in my ui folder, so i don't know if that's the problem. if you need me to follow suit, i'll post up my ui errors.
Attached Files
File Type: txt uierrors.txt (64.0 KB, 9 views)