Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-29-2003, 08:39 PM   #16
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairenn
Apparently, (from reading over at the Tech Board at EQLive, and they *are* looking into this) it appears to be something with:

VideoModeBitsPerPixel=32

getting set to 0 during log-in.

Thanks for the info - hopefully hey will get it all worked out.

Kuv
Old 01-29-2003, 09:01 PM   #17
souloc
A Gray Wolf

Server: brell serillis

I have the same problem, with my clock bleeding through!! Im glad Im not the only one!

Ive upgraded to DX9 and still ahve the issue and about video bits my EQ always resets to 16 bit when I log in!!! im pretty sure its a EQ side problem but they better fix it very annoying!
souloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:16 PM   #18
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I noticed the screen refresh rate mentioned before in this thread, so I gave it a whirl. I found out EQ was running at 60mhz refresh and desktop was at 75mhz. I bumped up the refresh in EQ to 75 and it's fixed my bleed thru....so far..... Thought I'd share.

Lunakin
lunakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:36 PM   #19
Fentoozler
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via ICQ to Fentoozler Send a message via AIM to Fentoozler
Default Re: Desktop bleed through

hmm, i have a slightly different problem, i have alt+tabed out of EQ since the latest patch and now i can not alt+enter back in, when i hit alt+enter it jsut full screens it and makes it black... how can i fix this?

(ikm runnign no custom UI's)
Fentoozler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:50 PM   #20
toone
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
I noticed the screen refresh rate mentioned before in this thread, so I gave it a whirl. I found out EQ was running at 60mhz refresh and desktop was at 75mhz. I bumped up the refresh in EQ to 75 and it's fixed my bleed thru....so far.....

Am thick, so please tell me, how do we fix this refresh rate? (ie.where?)

Only my clock bleeds through, and when I see the curser in the middle of the screen it is too late, and I am already looking at the desktop with a nice EQ Screenshot (I hit refresh and it clears the screen, from the frozen view)

More aid would be greatly appreciated

Toone
toone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 11:24 PM   #21
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

yes when you compters refresh rate is differnt from EQ refresh rate you do get bleed thru...set monitor and game to same rate this should fix it .... and no i dont want the hot box hehe =p
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 12:08 AM   #22
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

I installed DirectX 9 as someone suggested. That seems to have helped quite a bit. I don't see my clock ect.. in the lower right hand corner. The cursor still shows on occasion but going in and out of the windowed mode makes it go away. So for now, I can live with it.

One question on EQ video, what would cause EQ to default to 16-bit? I fix it and it is fine and the game works great. I log off for the night and come back and somehow it has reset. Any ideas?

Kuv
Kuvasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:52 AM   #23
shimmer
A Gray Wolf

I'm pretty much a rookie, but I did figure out how to synchronize the refresh rates of my monitor and the game.

1. Computer: go to your control panel, then double click on display. Go to the tab 'settings', then click on 'advanced'. Then click on the tab 'monitor'. That will give you the refresh rate of your monitor, which you can either leave alone or reset. (watch the warning about setting it to too high of a refresh rate).

[alternately, go to your start menu help - and type in "refresh". That will take you to where you need to go as well.]

2. Everquest: go into your eq folder and find eqclient. Near the bottom (on mine, at least), it will tell you what your refresh rate is.

My eq refresh was faster than my monitor refresh, which for some reason was really slow. I changed my monitor refresh to be the same as my eq one, and when I logged on, I didn't have anymore bleedthrough.

wooot.

shimmer
shimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 06:58 AM   #24
Nidisa
A Gray Wolf

[VideoMode]
Width=1024
Height=768
RefreshRate=0
BitsPerPixel=0

My refresh rate is at adapter default for my computer, and I have no clue what the above refresh rate from my eqclient.ini folder means?? So, I don't know if they are set differently?

**edit**
I switched refresh rates from the desktop to optimal and logged in, still getting the bleed through. Switched it back to default, and still bleed through. Those are the only two options I have, and adapter default worked just fine pre Tues patch.

Last edited by Nidisa : 01-30-2003 at 07:39 AM.
Nidisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:07 AM   #25
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Try this:
Using the in-game video mode tab, change the resolution to any other supported mode then change it back to what you normally use and click "accept".
This worked for me without even having to actually change the resolution!

Regards,
Feebb
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 09:14 AM   #26
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>

if that's the case, til they patch change your eqclient.ini to read-only
Old 01-31-2003, 10:05 AM   #27
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

So in the process of getting my butt handed to me...
High Guardian of Justice, 40khp: Hello Sonavaa. This is your crapper there is nothing else left of you to identify. Please Load....

... my flatscreen monitor freaks out and says No Signal. Refresh Rate 63.xx but I'm using 60 not 63...so Gets me to thinking now I know why the mouse cursor is on my screen and the clock bleeds thru. The latest patch increased the refresh rates programmed into the UI.

at least, that's what I was thinking as I tried to identify my body for the rez.....
sc2kmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:05 PM   #28
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Open eqclient.ini and look for "BitsPerPixel=".
Set it to either "16" or "32" depending on the color depth of your desktop.
Save and close.
Now start EQ and in-game under display choose video mode, check that resolution and refresh rate are the same as desktop settings, then click accept and then yes.
This should take care on the bleedthru and also you should be able to switch between windowed mode and normal as before patch.

Regards,
Feebb
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:09 PM   #29
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Feebbwin
Open eqclient.ini and look for "BitsPerPixel=".
Set it to either "16" or "32" depending on the color depth of your desktop.
Save and close.
Now start EQ and in-game under display choose video mode, check that resolution and refresh rate are the same as desktop settings, then click accept and then yes.
This should take care on the bleedthru and also you should be able to switch between windowed mode and normal as before patch.

Regards,
Feebb

Actually been doing that all week. Even cooler was when my silken green drape (and every other robe in the zone) Bleached white when I changed the bit rate. Everyone else saw the right colors but my robe was a beautiful pearl grey. Took it off and put it on again and it was back to green, but another interesting effect of the latest patch (and the bodytint window) I think.
sc2kmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:13 PM   #30
Nidisa
A Gray Wolf

ingame, going to options and changing resolution, but not confirming the change, corrected my desktop bleed through. I have to do this each time I log in though.

A permanent fix would be nice

Nidi
Nidisa is offline   Reply With Quote