Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-07-2002, 07:04 AM   #16
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

When making this, don't forget that we don't have the option to create new windows.

If you make a timer, you're forced to place it on a currently used window. Not everybody will be keened to that.

Frames required will be anywhere from 2-100, depending on how often and how you want your timer to 'tick'.

Every 30 mins, or 15 mins will take minimal. But when you're talking down to a minute for an hors time, you're getting quite extensive. A case like that I would just suggest getting a small stopwatch to keep next to your computers.

Storing down to a mintue for 30 or 15 minute cycles can be doable, but again implimentation will be tricky.
Also note that spawns aren't on "set timers"
I've timed some at 34:30 others at 27:25 or even just plain 15:00.

But then again, maybe I'm just getting too detailed in this. I'm the kind of guy that plays too close attention to the details. I guess that's why I'm a programmer.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:52 AM   #17
Dihce
A Gray Wolf

Server: Firiona Vie
Send a message via ICQ to Dihce Send a message via AIM to Dihce Send a message via Yahoo to Dihce
Lightbulb Digital Clock maybe?

How about making a small digital read-out of the time?

you could put it in the place of the invite/disband buttons in the group window, since that's easy enough to close down and start back up....when you want to start the timer just alt+G and yer starting your timer..... just a thought
Dihce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 09:10 AM   #18
Spiritseeker
A Gray Wolf

I've been looking for something like this for ages! Eqwatcher, timeseeker etc, just don't cut it. I'd love a 5 minute timer, to remind me when to reslow (as a shammy, that' pretty vital and I'm terrible at it :b).

Just some graphic with numebrs counting down/up to 5 minutes would be great, and I don't use the pet window so that would be ideal for me.
Spiritseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 12:45 PM   #19
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Default Here it is!

Hijacked the friends window (what a pointless window...) to make a timer. Problems:

10000 (ms, ten seconds) seems to be the longest duration for an animation frame. The minutes clearly does not work, it's in fact changed every ten seconds.
I went to put in a blinking colon like a "real" digital clock and it didn't work but bah whatever
The graphics are crap. Shoot me, I am a coder not a graphics guy

This is about 15 mins worth of work thrown together. Yes, it does reset when you /loadskin. No, it does not reset when you open/close the window. And it woldn't be worth working with resetting if the timer can only be a minute long. Anyway, addy in my sig, look in timerWindow directory. Have a blast.

Old 08-07-2002, 06:38 PM   #20
Ardrick
A Ghoul

id like too add that an hour isnt long enuff for all spawns, like HoT front spawns are like 74mins etc.
Ardrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 06:52 PM   #21
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Wish Granted Dalink..

(but i agree, this became a graphics discussion )

Kudane

oh yea
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:11 PM   #22
Sabani-Brell
A Hill Giant

ok, i might be wrong, and feel free to tell me i am, But i was looking at this Coding on the timer, we could do Minutes IF we make new Graphics, with the graphics having 2 digits...IE

every Delay 1000 rotate Seconds
Every Delay 10000 rotate 10 seconds
when you reach 6th line of code find graphic 1:0
when you reach 7th line at 10000 find graphic 1:1
when you readh 12th line find Graphic 2:0
when you reach 13th line find graphic 2:1
etc etc etc

if some one was serious interested in creating an in game timer it could be posible but your looking at coding for EVERY 10 seconds of the timer..so on a 15 minute timer your looking at 10 lines for the Seconds counter...5 lines for the first Minute, and then 84 more entries for the remaining 10 second increments, thats 99 Frames, and the Graphics in file youd need 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

AND

1:0, 1:1,1:2,1:3,1:4,1:5
2:0,2:1,2:2,2:3,2:4,2:5
14:1,14:2,14:3,14:4,14:5
15:0

Larger Clock is Possible but i think id get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Typing that many lines of code just so i can time 15 mins, i just thought id bring it up how it is possible to work with 10 second incrament cap on Graphics

Good Luck With this , if someones got the Willingness to do this, i wont lie..ill use it lol, and im in works starting Graphics for a 5 Minute timer, just to test my theory
Sabani-Brell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #23
Dalink
A Snow Cougar

Server: Povar

OK, DONE!!

working 15 minute timer..

REALLY Crappy Graphix, MANY MANY FRAMES, but it WORKS

This timer counts down in 15 second intervals.. 15:00, 14:45, 14:30, 14:15, 14:00... etc etc etc...

The way it works is it frames to the new image every 15000ms..

It is extremely beta, and doesnt look all that hot, but hey, I figured that it was my idea, so I should be the first to make a working 15 minute timer.. = )

heres an image, will be reposting in the Beta thread as well..

Told ya it looked crappy, but at least you'll see how it was done..
Old 08-07-2002, 11:12 PM   #24
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Default more info

Great stuff, I hope we'll get to see the xml for that soon.

For those interested in resetting the timer, I'd like to point out that there's one animation that works different than all the others. A_ClassAnim01 is used by the inventory window in a proprietary way.

If you put a statinanimation using A_ClassAnim01 in a different window, it will reset each time the inventory window is opened and will stop moving each time the inventory window is closed.

I don't know if that's useful -- opening and closing the inventory window is a silly way to control it unless it's in the inventory window itself. But maybe it'll lead to a better discovery.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 12:03 AM   #25
Sabani-Brell
A Hill Giant

ok i coded it and it took me for floggin ever but i have a working 20 min timer, actually 19:59, the .TGA file is 1.5 MB containing all the digits from 00:0, to 19:5 and 0-9, what my XML does is every 10 seconds cycles to the next 00:0, 10 seconds 00:1, 00:2, etc til it gets to 01:0 etc adds on the single digit second constant cycle

so one graphics is 00:0 combines with seconds graphic to form

00:00 to 19:59 then resets back to 00:00

i dont know how i can get my TGA file posted being so Big so til i find out i cant post it...on my machine i plan to continue coding...now that i have working model its nothing but cut/paste and edit location to continue to 59:59

the .tga will be huge but hey itll work for me lol, any sugestions, mybe i can upload it as a .jpg and you can convert it to .tga..ill have to look into it its 512X1024 size
Old 08-08-2002, 12:08 AM   #26
Dalink
A Snow Cougar

Server: Povar

You have more patience than me.. lol.. I took the lazy way out making the 15 second intervals... heh, I'd like to see yours..

I knew this would work. = )
Dalink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 12:37 AM   #27
Dihce
A Gray Wolf

Server: Firiona Vie
Send a message via ICQ to Dihce Send a message via AIM to Dihce Send a message via Yahoo to Dihce
Default wow

hehe, I'm glad I dropped outta all my programming classes early

you guys are doin a heck of a job big to ya ROFL
Dihce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 12:42 AM   #28
Sabani-Brell
A Hill Giant

i tried to pst my TGA file here as a JPG but board denied it said to keep it 1024X768 or less mine 512X1024 so it is too high to add as an attachment, maybe the board admins can set the file size to 1024 either way so we can have high JPG/TGA instead of wide i listed mind in sequential order so i could easily code it by change in nothing but the Y coordinat as every one of the X coor stay the same all the way down the list Except the single digit for the seconds counter

EDIT:

note ignore the typos i dont feel like changing em, i got enuf to change after i run EQ and error loading "Timer" attempting to load defaul comes up, lol me and my fat fingers
Old 08-08-2002, 01:06 AM   #29
Sabani-Brell
A Hill Giant

Heres a teaser Screenshot...i really need to work a little more on the Alignment and ive also made a New TGA with Cooler Fonts and Brighter Display which if im feeling frisky ill start coding it

QUESTION i can assign more than opne TGA for getting graphics? if so ill break it down into 5 Minute TGA files and acess a new TGA for each 5 min increment
Old 08-08-2002, 01:16 AM   #30
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

Quote:
QUESTION i can assign more than opne TGA for getting graphics? if so ill break it down into 5 Minute TGA files and acess a new TGA for each 5 min increment

In a way .. The way the animation calls for the graphics are setup, they require the name of the file to "cut" from each time.

So, you can create your line of graphics calls and at the "5 mins point" change the file.

Do note, there is no way to tell EQ it's 5 mins, it will only go through all your graphic calls and at your set point, it will switch over cause the next call will require the next graphic.
guice is offline   Reply With Quote