Teannas
A Wooly Rhino

Send a message via AIM to Teannas

ooohhhh I am playing EQ also upload it tonight so I can test it out hehehehe
Old 06-10-2003, 02:52 AM   #32
Alaros
A Treant

Post Beta report

Ok first the bad news to get that out of the way.

1. Moveability of the elements. Way to difficult as is, but you know that already. I think I gave myself carpal tunnel trying to land the cursor on that 1 pixel that would activate 'move'.

2. The selector bar was doing weird things. I know you know about the hot button errors, which gives you that nice huge tooltip letting you know you have to reset them. This is seemingly related to that.

After I got that error tooltip a few times, the selector endcaps became unmoveable. You know the parts with the buttons for group, actions, inventory etc.

Even stranger, this carried over to the next character I enabled the UI for. Toon 1 got UI all positioned like the screenshot. Toon 2 I couldn't move the endcaps for the selector bar no matter how hard I tried. Weird eh?

3. Names in the group window are really very small at 1280x1024 (my normal play res) it's not such a huge deal but would save a lot of squinting for those of us who play at high res, I'm too young for crows feet!

Ok, now for the good news:

when I got it all lined up on toon 1, it blew my mind. It's so open and clean and ... invisible! It's as though there's no ui on the screen at all. I think I stared at my screen for a good 5 minutes just amazed at how much of the game world I could actually see now.

So my verdict is, when the bugs and user friendliness is ironed out, this UI is going to be truly stunning. I'll be switching all my toons over to it as soon as the windows become easily moveable. Very very good job you two.

/applaud
Old 06-10-2003, 03:02 AM   #33
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I have finals in 7 hours so I'm gonna wait 'til after those to update. Expect something at like noon (pacific time of course, do people live anywhere else?:rolleyes.

I personally LIKE it when windows are super hard to move (hence the reason the window are so hard to move) but, my fans have spoken and they demand easiness. So I'll change it.

Now I'm gonna pass out.

Enok out.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:02 AM   #34
Alaros
A Treant

You're a star Enok! For what it's worth I hate moving windows too, I want 'em in one place and they stay there forever. It's just getting them to the spot I want them... THAT shouldn't take ages to do =P
Old 06-10-2003, 05:38 AM   #35
Raijuta
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro
Default w00h00 lovin' IT !!

I gotta say I've been following most of this UI for a while and now that I have D/L it and implemented it to my shammy, all I can say is w00h00 this is GREAT!!
And now for the part where I tell you about bugs and whatnot.
1) As stated in another reply is that the hotbutton bar has a bug that in order to fix it you have to push Alt+H twice. once to turn it off and twice to bring it back up. it'll work until you zone or log on (at least that's what it does with me)
2) Whenever something is linked like gear or loot you can not click on it. It could be just me or not but I thought that you would to know so you can look into it.
3) When I tried to move the option bar clicking it in some places caused the hotbar to dissapear. Which freaked me out but later I realized that it was something you setup. Not really a problem just thought you should tell ppl that clicking on it in certain spots will do that.
So far that is all the bugs I have found so far. Now on to a request. This is only if you want to do it just wanted to ask. It is your baby and you can do what you want with it. But I was wondering if you could add a space on one of the windows that would show your stats like WIS and weight. Sometimes I like to be able to glance at it without haveing to open the inventory all the time. Something like this http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=1428
Anyhow I love this UI and I can't wait till you release the finished version, of course I won't be changeing the UI cause it is a beta. I can look past the faults. Also wanted to show you how i had it setup on my shammy cause I like it so much.
One more thing I just love the cursor, it is so hard to find good cursors and this is the best by far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eq000016.jpg (136.0 KB, 125 views)
Old 06-10-2003, 06:16 AM   #36
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

My only request would be to have a casting bar in the same window as the target. I like to watch the hp of what I am killing and would like to be able to see my casting without looking up to the upper left everytime. But that is just me.

I have already added a casting bar to the target window by myself but since I am not good at this UI custom thing it looks like crap. So I would love to see one done by the masters. =)

Anyway this is already the UI for all my chars! Great job guys. Thanks again!

---Margrave
Old 06-10-2003, 09:35 AM   #37
Brumuur
A Gray Wolf

Server: Luclin
Default Awesome UI

To date this is by far the best UI that I have seen! I tend to use the keyborad a lot so I am not really affected by the Hotbutton issue, although I did notice it.

Suggestions:
-I would like to see the target window enlarged to the same size as the HP/Mana bars as well as combined with the casting bar.
-Perhaps squeeze the stats and resists on the actions window.
-And finally offer a mirrored version so that the hotbuttons and selection bar could be put at the top or bottom. Users pref...

Again, this is a really nice piece of work! Keep it up.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:47 AM   #38
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Hey Enok, I think they like it...

I'll get around to addressing your concerns and thoughts guys here in a bit, just woke up and am still getting breakfast and stuff out of the way.

Elezibeth Amnell • 29th Season
Journeyman Druidess of Tunare
Brewing Mistress • Skill 132
100% unRetired
--
Elorien Evenstar • 23rd Season
Exploring Ranger of Tunare
Simi-Retired
--
ACUI / EQ2UI Project Designer
Old 06-10-2003, 09:50 AM   #39
Margrave
A Shissar Disciple

Brumuur those are good ideas! I mainly like the one about the casting bar and target window and stats on the action page is a good idea too.

Also of note, this is the best UI I have ever tried so far to date. I have gotten a small fps boost from using this instead of some of the other graphicly bulky ones that I have used before.

---Margrave
Old 06-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #40
Neiloch
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Even though i dont really have to but gonna tell ya anyway. I modified the UI some so i could use it more efficiently, mostly font changes and rearrange stuff. I deleted the background files and let default take over and made everything black and slightly transparent except for the chat box, you got the ability to adjust the background disabled or somthin. BTW i modified all this with sidlwidl so i could see the group window while i was editing but it doesn't support the player window and the like.

"Dont screw with someone with a lot of free time"
Old 06-10-2003, 12:27 PM   #41
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

http://members.tripod.com/everbot/ACUI.htm

Ok, uploaded the UI. ACUI Beta v2. Stuff that changed:

Spellbook - Right aligned the right page. Centered gauges.

Group Window - Fixed last group member name size. Percentages are NOT off-center. They are where they're supposed to be.

Chat Window - Remade it. You can still drag it if you're careful (down one pixel from stretching the top edge). If that's too hard, resize to move. No more lock.

Minor bug fixes.

Enok

P.S. - Next two posts will be custom mods.

P.P.S. - Attached to this post is an extra dark, less transparent chat texture. Try it if you have trouble reading the chat and let me know what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip darkchat.zip (447 Bytes, 37 views)
Old 06-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #42
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

For Margrave:

Added casting gauge to the target window. It's pretty small. Tell me if you want it to be bigger.

Enok
Attached Files
File Type: zip tw_casting_gauge.zip (1.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 06-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #43
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

For Neiloch:

Buffs that fill right to left. Haven't tested it. If it doesn't work correctly, let me know.

Enok
Attached Files
File Type: zip buffs_righttoleft.zip (3.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-10-2003, 01:02 PM   #44
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

First post updated!

Trying it out now.

Any insight on that Hotbutton Bug Enok?
Old 06-10-2003, 01:55 PM   #45
dinian
A Hill Giant

Just curious Elizabeth, are you/were you a PM in Microsoft at anytime?

Something eerily familiar and I can't quite put a finger on why. I'm a dev in the big house and I guess I'm attuned to microsoft PMisms.