Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 06-17-2003, 03:15 AM   #31
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Any custom UI is going to write to the UIerror.txt file. It is because not all graphic or xml files are included in the custom UI, so it is going to look in the default folder for the missing ones. These lines in the error file are not actually errors...more like warnings telling you that it didn't find such and such a file so it is going to use the one from the default folder.

Old 06-17-2003, 07:47 AM   #32
Atmablue
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Any custom UI is going to write to the UIerror.txt file.

/agree

I used Solaria 1.x for about 4 hours last night, and lemme just say I love it. You guys did a great job with this one.

That being said, I noticed one slight oversight... the player select screen shows Vert Mod version 2.4 instead of the Solaria text that was there in version 0.9. Did you guys include the wrong file?

Otherwise, fantastic!
Old 06-17-2003, 08:34 AM   #33
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by MurderedCROW
no i found out why the mouse was lagging. appearantly a popup from a program i forgot to close caused EQ to lag thus makeing it seem that the UI was lagging. After that I went back and tried it again and no lag the only problem is that it still writes a UIerror.txt file. Other than that everything seems fine ,no bugs.
well unles you count the error file

ALL custom UIs should write a UIError log... its just telling you that it didnt find those pieces in the UI and that it went to the default folder for them. those errors are nothing to worry about.. as a matter of fact If your not getting those something is very wrong...

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 06-17-2003, 08:38 AM   #34
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Atmablue
/agree

I used Solaria 1.x for about 4 hours last night, and lemme just say I love it. You guys did a great job with this one.

That being said, I noticed one slight oversight... the player select screen shows Vert Mod version 2.4 instead of the Solaria text that was there in version 0.9. Did you guys include the wrong file?

Otherwise, fantastic!

Yep, we missed it! but I attached it here... if you want the correct version number on there just download this file..
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_characterselect.zip (2.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-17-2003, 09:59 AM   #35
Achrya
A Gray Wolf

Default It runs great

I loaded this UI up yesterday and until I DL'ed the patch i could not see my mouse. After the patch though, this ran smooth.... not one error or any lag.

Now for my opinion:

The Spells window is a little big say compared to Vert 2.5, where it was the say height as the Hotbutton window.

Other then the opinion I had I loved the UI. The player and group windows look great and I love the fact that I don't have "bubbles" for bars anymore.

Mariel
Old 06-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #36
tavokk
A Treant

Server: Luclin

I'd have to agree and say that the size of the spell cast bar is somewhat daunting at the resolution I play at (1024 x 768). I don't suppose it's possible to make it a bit smaller vertically?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:27 AM   #37
Atmablue
A Gray Wolf

Personally, I like the size of the spellbar the way it is, but I can see why some might think it to be a little big. Perhaps you could provide two sizes of spellbars as an option, sorta like the melee and caster player bars?
Old 06-17-2003, 12:08 PM   #38
Kudane
Co-Founder

we experimented with about 5 different designs for the spell bar.. the problem we came back to is that the spell gems are a set size, and if we want any graphics around them.. it increases the size of the window.

though we are looking at some "add ons" that might be a little simplier. and shrink it a little.

also if we dont add the on/off button we will be shrinking it by 20 pix or so from top to bottom.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #39
Goah
A Snow Cougar

Do you think you guys can make the spells righ side orientated? I love the design, just need it flipped
Old 06-17-2003, 06:48 PM   #40
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

love the changes, have been using them all day, no lag issues in any elemental zones or Time. i use the vert 2.5, with some mods, and love the small footprint i got going atm. to keep it all compact i use the 4x2 spell box. although i love the new spell box, would it be possible to extract out the files needed to get the 4x2 to work nicely with the Sol UI? it works, but the larger boarders on the gems make it look a bit messy. just a thought

kalamaku
Old 06-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #41
Blitzfeld
A Ghoul

I tested the beta before and after the 1.3 update, and the fix made a big difference in lag. Overall, I think you guys have done an amazing job of taking the Vert and making it your own. From now on, I'm only calling it Solaria.

Here's my wishlist for mods after beta:

- bigger target bar
- casting bar in chat windows
- compass with +/- indicators

Also, maybe I missed it but what happened with the button on the spell bar to turn names on/off?

Last edited by Blitzfeld : 06-17-2003 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:07 PM   #42
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Blitzfeld
I tested the beta before and after the 1.3 update, and the fix made a big difference in lag. Overall, I think you guys have done an amazing job of taking the Vert and making it your own. From now on, I'm only calling it Solaria.

Here's my wishlist for mods after beta:

- bigger target bar
- casting bar in chat windows
- compass with +/- indicators

Also, maybe I missed it but what happened with the button on the spell bar to turn names on/off?

Well tabs happened, and theyw ay they work as compared to the way we wanted them to work. were still lookign into it, but it's on the back burner.

There is a mod I made in the Vert sectino with a casting bar on the chat window that will work with this, BUT we will be upgrading it to solaria.

+/- should be easily added, and kudane already had a a TGA for me, so well work on it soon, we need the core UI done and tested before we work on mods, but we realy realy appreciate the feedback!

-Sokol
Old 06-18-2003, 03:07 AM   #43
Kellbringer
A Hill Giant

Send a message via Yahoo to Kellbringer
Default Question on Player Window

Ok im stupid...WHAT THE HECK IS THE art Work with the P in it for...even had a Percent Value to it...anyone know??

My Magelo Profile
Old 06-18-2003, 03:19 AM   #44
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

P stands for Pet.

Enok
Old 06-18-2003, 08:46 AM   #45
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: Question on Player Window

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellbringer
Ok im stupid...WHAT THE HECK IS THE art Work with the P in it for...even had a Percent Value to it...anyone know??

its for those wacko pet classes who wanna see thier Pet health..

if you look in options you will find a MELEE only version that removes mana and puts stamina up top...

/bow