A Bat

Default huh

Its called Spirit of the Wolf? or rootO.o
Zakane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:02 PM   #17
Mirion
A Treant

Server: Terris-Thule

Look, I have played both necromancers and druids and bard to 40+, and while yes, bards can swarm, and yes, druids can quad. But on my necromancer, I have done things soloing that I would never have imagined possible on Bard or Druid. Like, using an example on ulthork beach. On my bard, I went there and basically ran around kiting EVERYTHING I could find. It was pretty good exp...but then by the time I was done, there was nothing left, and I spent a ton of time waiting for spawns. On my druid, I was quad kiting, and it was good exp, I guess. But the down times for medding were horrible. Now, I take my necro there...and wow! I was kiting about two mobs at a time. I would pull one with dark, run away, pull another with dark, then run back to where I parked my skele. I sic pet on one, then root the other, and load it up with dots, then reroot. Pull back pet, root other mob, load up with dots, and both mobs were dead before Roots wore off. I found that doing this allowed me to keep going pretty much constantly, and keep the exp flowing. Also, for the higher end game, sure Bards have the mana song, and druids can heal and buff...but necros can do a little bit of everything. We can heal others, heal ourselves, nuke, bring our pets, give others mana, levi, underwater breathing, mez, etc. And our ability to solo gives us an edge in groups in the higher end. Extra mobs? No problem! Dark, dot, get agro, sic pet...and wham, bam, one mob down that the group don't have to worry about.

<Int Officer of Loyal Rebellion>
Necromancer of Prexus Thule.
Mirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:53 PM   #18
Keben
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Send a message via ICQ to Keben Send a message via AIM to Keben

Bards don't come into their own as the champions of soloing until the higher levels. I haven’t played a necro that much, but I've got several friends that play them, and I would say that overall they are better at soloing then druids are.

However, don't try and tell me that a necro is even comparably as versatile as a druid. Druids can nuke almost as good as mages, quad almost as good as wizards, they can heal very well, they are THE masters of travel, snare, root, EVAK, levi, underwater breathing (albeit not in one spell like a necro but we do get sow/levi in one spell) very good dots (no not as good as necros), tons of utility spells beaten only by shamans, damage shields... basically the druid is the master of versatility. They can't nuke as well as wizards, heal as well as clerics, dot as well as necros, buff as good as shamans, damage shield as well as mages, teleport as good as wizards.. ect. But in exchange for the lack of specialization they are able to FILL IN for any of these roles sufficiently in many situations.

Both Necros and Druids have great survivability, but the Necro wins because of his strong pet and FD.

I think both are excellent classes, but I am at the point in my EQ life (actually I've been at this point and beyond for a very long time) where if I wanted to solo in a first person RPG, I would play Morrowind, not an MMORPG =P
Keben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 01:48 PM   #19
Kebkeck
A Gray Wolf

Default Silly

Couple things to note.

Soloing is just that.. soloing, You can slice it however you want, but getting KEI slims the "sol? out of solo, to get expierence effectively you still require another classes buffs as a druid.

Necro's can't quad, necro's are much more limited when it comes to charm kiting, one zone comes to mind, COD.. there may be more but its the best example of a good Charm zone for Necros. Looking at CoD for example and you will see that for any fair arguement, you can put CoD up against it and necros will seem much more powerful than any druid charming. Necro's can not only charm, but slow mez FD have their own innate Mana regen. Now charm isn't a fair arguement anymore in the high end game as its been nerfed pretty horribly.. in the high end game, necros DPS soloing is so much higher than druids, its a significant tilt in favor of the necro with reguard to expierence, I only say this as I duo with a druid alot in HoH.

Low end game, the KeI nerf hits both hard as alot of necros i believe use kei until they hit 49 where their lich regens mana faster than KEI. but alas with fear kiting, mana isn't a problem.. pet can do the DPS.

Druids have some nice abilities. and coupled with KEI and some a person steering the druid who doesn't mind reading inbetween kites, Druids are a great solo class, but in all my time soloing a necro, i've never even considered the druid real competition. But thats just me personally, usually we solo in different parts of the world so.. /shrug

and shaman soloing is a different discussion all together, shaman can solo harder mobs yes, but in the discussion of expierence yeild, I don't think its a fair comparison...

and I'd say with Lifetaps the ability to Rez Snare Slow Mez Group manatap and a close second in the end game to Rangers in the DPS department, Necros are a pretty diverse class
Kebkeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:08 PM   #20
Vishuz
A Treant

Server: E'Ci
Default Re: Silly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kebkeck
Couple things to note.

Low end game, the KeI nerf hits both hard as alot of necros i believe use kei until they hit 49 where their lich regens mana faster than KEI. but alas with fear kiting, mana isn't a problem.. pet can do the DPS.

Personally I still use(d) KEI even after 49. Lich is a nice spell, and I still use it when I can't find KEI... but until you get Arch Lich, IMO, KEI vs. Lich is a wash.

Yes, Lich is faster mana regen. However, you have to spend more mana keeping yourself alive (not a significant ammount but still...) than if you have KEI. Plus KEI adds 250 mana to your pool on top of the extra 25 INT/WIS.

So... since its so close in terms of which is better... I use KEI out of convienience. However, once I get Arch Lich I stop using KEI.
Vishuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:55 PM   #21
eMaRi DaRkLiGhT
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: Re: Silly

Quote:
Originally posted by Vishuz
Personally I still use(d) KEI even after 49. Lich is a nice spell, and I still use it when I can't find KEI... but until you get Arch Lich, IMO, KEI vs. Lich is a wash.

Yes, Lich is faster mana regen. However, you have to spend more mana keeping yourself alive (not a significant ammount but still...) than if you have KEI. Plus KEI adds 250 mana to your pool on top of the extra 25 INT/WIS.

So... since its so close in terms of which is better... I use KEI out of convienience. However, once I get Arch Lich I stop using KEI.

Lich is faster mana regen, as you pointed out; but you aren't just spending mana to regain health...you are ALSO doing dmg to what you are fighting. It is MORE than a wash. Lich is superior to KEI or any other Enchanter mana regen you want to discuss.

I've levelled a necro to 57, and I can honestly say that I can count on 1 hand the number of times that I exp'd with KEI on. Usually, if I happened to get caught up in a MGB of KEI, then I would click it off immediately...eww, icky c3...nasty.

Shame on you for being so dependant on a crack whore and calling yourself a necromancer! Learn to play without it, or you'll regret it later. Any necro will tell you that.
eMaRi DaRkLiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:11 PM   #22
Vishuz
A Treant

I dont play my necro for any reason other than to farm cash anymore so it doesnt really matter. =P

As a matter of fact I'm consdering sac'ing him down to level 49 (so he can still use good pet and I can still farm HG's).

Anyway... I heard that whole "use it now or regret it later" thing from other people. Lich isnt hard to use... its not rocket science or anything.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:10 PM   #23
neebo
A Gray Wolf

i play a druid myself a solo in plane fire, at bridge (where birdies spawn) . Hows a Necro Gona FD pull Magma's Through a Bird that AE charms /hug harmony
neebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 02:56 AM   #24
Kebkeck
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by neebo
i play a druid myself a solo in plane fire, at bridge (where birdies spawn) . Hows a Necro Gona FD pull Magma's Through a Bird that AE charms /hug harmony

Fortunately for necro's i'm sure thats not the only solo spot in fire :P I'm sure if you /t your necro guildies they will enlighten you on how they exp :P I'm not in PoF, i'm religated to HoH or tactics, so I can't speak to how, but FD is a powerful tool :P
Old 06-30-2003, 09:34 AM   #25
Elghinn
A Ghoul

Well I will get started with the necro who uses kei. Your a fool lich is better all the way around and if you dont learn how to use lich it will kill you in the end game. Ask the necro he got argo and hit to 2 percent life fd and forgets lich. You will see a message that say sam is slain by sam. Necros are better soloers all around as a class yes even better than bards. I would know this since i have a 60 bard a 65 necro and a 65 shaman. OH and the 55 druid is just for wannabes who dont know what class they want to play today. You can compare all the soloing classes to death the real thing that makes a soloer is the player. Did he learn how to play since lvl one only with himself to save his arse or did he have kei or shaman buffs or cleric buffs. Did i mention i hate buff beggers. You know who you are. Bottom line is you might as well be an ebayer if you dont solo with your self buffs and spells because you will never truelly know your limatations. Oh and on a side note dont matter how well of a soloer you are your doomed when the lvl 65 enchanter comes over and charms your pulls and kses you or gets you killed,and/or charms you and uses you like a pet )
Elghinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #26
Kebkeck
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Elghinn
Oh and on a side note dont matter how well of a soloer you are your doomed when the lvl 65 enchanter comes over and charms your pulls and kses you or gets you killed,and/or charms you and uses you like a pet )

Lucky for us, you can't charm other PC's anymore, and Chanters are limited by the Charm nerf and don't get as good of exp anymore. I believe solo charm kiting yeilds like 50% exp from what it did due to the Charmed mob doing too much damage. We have Dispell magic and FD, FEar US! :P
Old 06-30-2003, 05:13 PM   #27
Vishuz
A Treant

Elghinn... reading comprehension. Its your friend.

Quote:
I dont play my necro for any reason other than to farm cash anymore so it doesnt really matter. =P

Like I said... using Lich isnt rocket science. I'm not having this argument again (yes I've had it before...), so just drop it.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:40 PM   #28
Firebat68
A Gray Wolf

Default hmm...

Ok, here are my 2cp for the druid class... i've gotta take up a few facts... first off necros, whens the last time u looked at how efficient life tap actually is? thats right... anyway, druids have this, form of the howler(extremely fast wolf form with 1-2+ mana regen)... PoTG/Bo9.... uber DSs, may not seem like much but lvl 65s can take the dmg from bulthars and end up being alive when the bulthars die from 1 nuke and DS dmg(4 bulthars at that)... then we come around to the fact that necros have way less hp/ac than druids, in high end necros do make up for this and some of their gear is uber... but wis casters(druids) can wear chain in the end game... so... also u can put us down but really if your snare is resisted on a mob that has sow and it gets to u before your precious FD fades... whatcha gonna do? if u don't rely on sow(like the previous necro post said he wouldn't rely on any other classes buffs) also quad kiting is a pretty efficient way of soloing, u nuke 4 mobs for about the same amount of mana as u nuke 1 for(just less dmg)... then u come around to the fact that druids can fear kite too.... only on animals of course but when they do it they are quite powerful, we also have things like evac, and if u didn't know there is an AA called exodus, instant casting time of our evac, just like FD except we are transported to SP in zone... no big deal, we got sow, easy to get back... we also heal ourselves quite efficiently and have regen(may not seem like much but it really is) like I said at the beginning, just my 2cp...
Firebat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:06 AM   #29
Kebkeck
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: hmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by Firebat68
Ok, here are my 2cp for the druid class... i've gotta take up a few facts... first off necros, whens the last time u looked at how efficient life tap actually is?

Considering our Taps over time heal as well as do damage, I'd say its not a bad bargin, aside from the fact that it helps keep our AA/hour rate up there

Quote:
then we come around to the fact that necros have way less hp/ac than druids, in high end necros do make up for this and some of their gear is uber... but wis casters(druids) can wear chain in the end game... so...

necros rely almost exclusively on HP for lich, so i'd say any self respecting necro will be focusing on HP gear from the start, I'd challange you to find any post 60 druid with more HP than, heck,, find one thats close.. guild tier being equal of course. Most necros are in the 2k unbuffed range above 60 without ToV+ gear,, all bazaar purchaseable gear and surpassing 4k mana isn't much of a challange either.. but again with the regen.. manapool is far less important

Quote:
also u can put us down but really if your snare is resisted on a mob that has sow and it gets to u before your precious FD fades... whatcha gonna do? if u don't rely on sow(like the previous necro post said he wouldn't rely on any other classes buffs) also quad kiting is a pretty efficient way of soloing, u nuke 4 mobs for about the same amount of mana as u nuke 1 for(just less dmg)... then u come around to the fact that druids can fear kite too.... only on animals of course but when they do it they are quite powerful, we also have things like evac, and if u didn't know there is an AA called exodus, instant casting time of our evac, just like FD except we are transported to SP in zone... no big deal, we got sow, easy to get back... we also heal ourselves quite efficiently and have regen(may not seem like much but it really is) like I said at the beginning, just my 2cp...

few points about this... jboots outrun most if not all mobs we'd solo as necros or druids.. no other class buffs there..

quadding is efficent sure, but your regen is NO WHERE close to necro regen, meaning that if your not using KEI you'll find that most druids won't be soloing, and assuming enough FT and MC, Druids may get in the ball park of a necro, well.. naaa not even close, Druid damage output (aside from charm kiting) is not even close

Necros get levant (lesser evac) as well

as i said about healing,, our heal does damage, and heals us quite well, no necros will complain about Saryrn's Kiss

Necro's are the supreme exp soloers, no doubt about it, now for farming, I'd give druids the big Winner award... track rulez :P

Shammys can solo mobs most if not all necros or druids would attempt
Old 07-01-2003, 08:39 AM   #30
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Bah- Feed them all to Vox. End of agrument - case closed. I H8 Kiters.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote