Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Talking SoesUI 1.5

SoesUI 1.5
The most downloaded Mix & Match EQ UI

- Numerous bug fixes since 1.4, mainly XML errors
- Added LFG Button to Group Window
- Updating Spell Casting Window, thanks LoduzVZ (includes Spell Book Button for auto-scribing)
- Fixed XML errors with Percentages in Target & Group Windows

There's too many features to list, but it is a Mix & Match UI based mainly off DrakahMix (kudos!). The main differences are 100 pixels more viewable area and it works in both 1024x768 and 1280x1024 resolutions.

Download Here
p.s: USE THE SUPPLIED .INI FILE OR YOU WON'T GET ANY HELP FROM ME If you use the supplied ini file there should be no need to use any /loadskin commands or manually move any windows.

Last edited by Soes : 07-15-2003 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
Salbus
A Ghoul

I downloaded the file, unzipped it into a file i named Soes in the uifiles, found the UI_Kunaden_92 file (the character i want the ui for) replaced it with the UI_YourName_YourServer.ini, went into eq typed /loadskin Soes, and it just reset =/ any ideas?

Old 07-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #3
Fenrix
A Gray Wolf

Make sure when you extracted the files from the zip, it didn't create a subfolder under your EQ DIR\uifiles\Soes\Soes.

Just go into the directory and make sure the path only reads (like it would look on mine): C:\Program Files\EverQuest\uifiles\Soes

If it is setup like that, then you should have no probs...otherwise you will want to take that folder out into your \uifiles\ directory and delete the other empty one.

Sorry if it sounds confusing, but best way I can think to explain it.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #4
Darkrigel
EverQuest Addict

Server: Xegony, Test
Send a message via ICQ to Darkrigel Send a message via AIM to Darkrigel Send a message via MSN to Darkrigel Send a message via Yahoo to Darkrigel

the simple fix is when you copy the UI_yourname_49.ini file into your main directory and log in the game. instead of typing /loadskin soes type /loadskin soes 1

it takes and loads the skin from the INI file instead of setting a default ini placement

Click Pic for Magelo

"Its more mana efficient to rez a ranger than Heal one........" - Ximet Takesabeatin, Xegony Server
Old 07-14-2003, 09:13 PM   #5
Salbus
A Ghoul

Gonna re do the whole thing, i'll tell ya how it goes lol
Old 07-14-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
Salbus
A Ghoul

Of course, it didn't work Here are some of my UIErrors:

UIErrorLog created at Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_Animations.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_Templates.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_BuffWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_ChatWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_ConfirmationDialog.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_CharacterSelect.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_FacePick.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_GroupWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_BreathWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jul 14 19:24:18 2003] Warning: file EQUI_NoteWindow.xml not found in directory UIFiles\Interface\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

Anything I missed while downloading?

P.S. I just found out it deleted my friends list too =/
Old 07-14-2003, 09:43 PM   #7
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Just a quick look, but it appears that EQ is not seeing the path correctly (just call me MOTO)

Your directory structure should look like
C:\Program Files\Everquest\UIFiles\Soes\<a grunch of files here>

The above assumes that you unzipped the UI into a directory named Soes in the directory named UIFiles in your EQ directory.

Any folders inside the Soes folder will not be seen by EQ, therefore the UI will be "broken".
Hope this helps
Old 07-14-2003, 10:19 PM   #8
Salbus
A Ghoul

Since it wouldn't let me delete the first Soes file (It said i was using it, even when i was off of eq =/) so i made a new one called interface (cuz i'm so creative) which is C:\EverQuest\uifiles\Interface\soes and then all the files... that's not good then is it? What am i supposed to do to fix this if i need to...
Old 07-14-2003, 10:59 PM   #9
Velisaris
A Ghoul

If you're getting some sort of error message about files being in use when you're deleting the old folder, just reboot and delete the old soes folder.

When you download the 1.5 version, it should unzip to a folder called Soes15. Inside that folder is another folder called soes (actually, this will be the only thing in that folder). Copy THAT folder into your uifiles folder in the EQ directory.

Now, open the soes folder and find the UI_Yourchar_Yourserver file...open it. Select everything and copy it. Close that file and go back to the main EQ directory.

Find the appropriate UI file for the character you want to use this UI with (UI_name_##). Open that file, select everything and delete it. Then paste what you copied earlier into that file, save it and close it.

Start EQ and you should be good to go...no need to type /loadskin or anything. BTW, you're going to have some error messages about the UI because not every window was changed, so if the game can't find that window in the soes directory, it'll use the default window. Those error messages in the logfile are just telling you that it's using the defaults for those items.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:53 PM   #10
Salbus
A Ghoul

Ack not even THAT worked... and i tried it twice, then i also tried /loadskin anyways, still didn't work, it's really bugging me lol. Here's how I loaded it in steps:
1. Downloaded it of course
2. Extracted the files from my zipped folder on my desktop to C:\EverQuest\uifiles\Ranger
3. Went into UI_YourName_YourServer.ini, copied it, deleted the old things in the UI_Kunaden_92.ini, and pasted the new one and saved
4. Logged onto EQ, screen was the old default UI, typed /loadskin Ranger, nothing, /loadskin Ranger 1, and still nothing, it's driving me insane
Old 07-15-2003, 04:11 AM   #11
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally posted by Salbus
Ack not even THAT worked... and i tried it twice, then i also tried /loadskin anyways, still didn't work, it's really bugging me lol. Here's how I loaded it in steps:
1. Downloaded it of course
2. Extracted the files from my zipped folder on my desktop to C:\EverQuest\uifiles\Ranger
3. Went into UI_YourName_YourServer.ini, copied it, deleted the old things in the UI_Kunaden_92.ini, and pasted the new one and saved
4. Logged onto EQ, screen was the old default UI, typed /loadskin Ranger, nothing, /loadskin Ranger 1, and still nothing, it's driving me insane

Unzip the file to C:\EverQuest\uifiles\ (it will automatically make the "Soes" directory)

Rename UI_YourName_YourServer.ini to UI_Kunaden_92.ini and copy it to your C:\EverQuest dir, overwrite your old one.

If you follow these instructions you shouldn't need to do any /loadskin commands, the UI will work with all the windows in place, assuming you're in 1024x768 or 1280x1024 resolution.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:21 AM   #12
Velisaris
A Ghoul

Aye, the UI ini file is looking for a folder called "soes". If you rename it or put it somewhere else, the game will never find it.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #13
Salbus
A Ghoul

The UI now loads, without any /loadskin commands
But, not much is where it should be, the chat box covers up the target window, it goes off the screen cutting off the last letter of most words, and the inventory screen with the bags is partly covered by the chat box also, any way i can fix this?

Old 07-15-2003, 02:03 PM   #14
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally posted by Salbus
The UI now loads, without any /loadskin commands
But, not much is where it should be, the chat box covers up the target window, it goes off the screen cutting off the last letter of most words, and the inventory screen with the bags is partly covered by the chat box also, any way i can fix this?

Just unlock and move them.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #15
jimflyerfan
A Gray Wolf

Talking love this UI

Soes....kudos to you! I love this UI. Its great for my mage and I love it for my warrior too. This is by far, the best UI I have used and will continue to use it. I can't think of one thing to improve on it. GREAT JOB!!!!