Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2002, 11:25 AM   #16
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Excellent excellent timer! Thank you!

I added this mod in its entirety, to the target window, with no other files modified... (ie default equi.xml and animations.xml)

I've put this with a collection of other mods.. see my thread about it...

SS of it @ http://www.yoricksmerrymen.com/guil...?action=screens

DL of it @ http://www.yoricksmerrymen.com/files/archive/sao.zip
Old 08-15-2002, 12:05 PM   #17
tanalanthas
A Gray Wolf

Default button

well at this point I'd settle for a regular hot button I can customize. If I have to set it to /loadskin skinname 1, so be it.

I just can't quite figure out how to do that...
Old 08-16-2002, 01:03 AM   #18
Arista
TimerMod Creator

For those of you who want to keep the pet info, I've created two additional pre-made configurations, one that has the timer and pet info together in the pet window, and another one that puts the timer in the friends window (no tabs for this window however). Check the timer page for the new downloads.

Quote:
Originally posted by tanalanthas
well at this point I'd settle for a regular hot button I can customize. If I have to set it to /loadskin skinname 1, so be it.

I just can't quite figure out how to do that...

If you are referring to making a macro, go to the actions window and select the socials tab. Right-click on a button, give it a name, and type /load foldername 1 in one of the lines. Afterward, left-click and hold the button to pick it up and drag it to any hot key slot.

Old 08-16-2002, 06:08 AM   #19
Arsdenyl
A Bat

Default Hmmm tabbed

Is it possible to add it as an addition tab on the Actions windows, like what was done with the map mod?

(Map mod here http://eqtoolbox.not.net/modules.ph...download&cid=31)

Last edited by Arsdenyl : 08-16-2002 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #20
tanalanthas
A Gray Wolf

Default That's exactly what I was referring to

but I was trying to actually add it to the window with the timer...
Old 08-16-2002, 12:00 PM   #21
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arsdenyl
Is it possible to add it as an addition tab on the Actions windows, like what was done with the map mod?

(Map mod here http://eqtoolbox.not.net/modules.ph...download&cid=31)

It would take some extra work but it is possible. However, the main reason I didn't use the actions window is because I feel the map mod is very useful, and I don't think people should have to choose between the two. Since the map and timer have vastly different sizes, it would probably not make sense to put them in the same tabbed view - the tab view automatically makes the "tab" part of each tab the same size and spaces them out evenly.

Eventually, I'll most likely create a pre-made configuration for every window that is available, but I'm planning to focus on other "combo" type configurations first.

Quote:
Originally posted by tanalanthas
but I was trying to actually add it to the window with the timer...

Ahh, I see. Unfortunately I *think* the hotkeys are tied to the hotkey window, so the button won't work if you put it in another window. However, in the next configuration that I'm going to provide, I will put the timer in the hotkey window, and move one of the hotkey slots next to the timer (you'll have to sacrifice one slot on each page for that macro though). The other nine buttons can fit in a nice square arrangement.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:42 PM   #22
tanalanthas
A Gray Wolf

Default hmm... good and bad

Well having it on the hotkey window would definitely solve my problem, exept that my UI is already haveily customized (thanks Drakah) and I really don't want to have to change any of the windows I have finished. Changing either the pet or friends window was my hope. You may be right about the hotkeys been tied to the hotkey window since it won't load the skin if I add the hot button code to the friends window (of course I could just hav hosed the XML, but I think its right).

Oh well back to the drawing board.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:29 PM   #23
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

Actually, it is easy to add the code to nearly any window...

Simply change the screen item and properties to whatever you wish, and put in the appropriately named xml file for whatever window you want it in...

This is all the code the mod needs, and it goes in only one xml file.

Last edited by Kudane : 08-16-2002 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:44 PM   #24
Kivette
A Fire Beetle

Im interested in keeping only the timer part of your mod ( xx:xx ).
Now, if I made the window sizable, would this allow me to show only the digital timer, and hide the tick timer? Or would I have to go through the XML code and dig out the tick timer part. Im not very XML proficient yet, so that could pose a problem.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:19 PM   #25
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

You could do either. Making it resizble, is alot faster and safer, and it leaves room to re-add it if you want it later...
Old 08-16-2002, 08:55 PM   #26
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Saoshen
Actually, it is easy to add the code to nearly any window...

Simply change the screen item and properties to whatever you wish, and put in the appropriately named xml file for whatever window you want it in...

Yes, putting the timer in any window is very quick and straightforward, I would agree with you there.

However, unless I'm mistaken, what the person was referring to was adding the timer as "additional" tabs to the action window, i.e., 10 tabs for the timer and still keep the 4 original tabs for the actions, making 14 tabs total. The timer tabs need to be narrow to keep the numbers close together, but the action tab icons are currently wider. There will be some size tweaking needed to make the tabs look right when used together, and possibly new smaller graphics icons for the 4 action tabs (to match the timer tab icons better). The dial should most likely be re-centered also, to account for the width of the 4 new tabs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kivette
Im interested in keeping only the timer part of your mod ( xx:xx ).
Now, if I made the window sizable, would this allow me to show only the digital timer, and hide the tick timer? Or would I have to go through the XML code and dig out the tick timer part. Im not very XML proficient yet, so that could pose a problem.

To get just XX:XX:
In the XML file, at the bottom where you see the <Screen> element, under "timer pieces" section, remove (or comment out) every <Piece> except for TimerMinuteA, TimerMinuteB, TimerColon, TimerSecondA, and TimerSecondB. Those 5 pieces should give you what you are looking for. If you want them in a different location, you should offset each element's <Location> by the same X and same Y.

=== Upcoming ===
I'm currently working on a web-based tool that will let you specify any of the following information:
1) A particular X and Y offset, so the timer can be in a different location in the window instead of the upper left-hand corner.
2) Which pieces of the timer you are interested in (dial, tabs, digital timer, etc.).
3) Which window you want the timer to reside in.
4) Desired attributes of the window (transparent, sizable, title, etc.).

Once you enter in the desired information, the web tool will dynamically generate the XML that you need based on your specifications. Then you can save it to a file to use as-is, or cut/paste particular parts to combine with other stuff. For me, it will sure beat the heck out of maintaining and providing many different downloadable configurations.

This tool will be available on the timer web site when it is ready (hopefully some time this weekend, if I have the time).
Old 08-18-2002, 02:23 AM   #27
ASayre8
A Gray Wolf

Hmm, I can't download anything from http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/ nor view the web page
Old 08-18-2002, 03:23 AM   #28
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by ASayre8
Hmm, I can't download anything from http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/ nor view the web page

Unfortunately, the web server appears to be down currently. I've contacted the hosting company, hopefully they'll bring it back up soon. In the meantime, you can download the timer from EQInterface.com (look for "Mez/Spawn Timer" under Miscellaneous), since they store their own copy of the file.

If you need a configuration other than the default (timer in pet window), PM me and I can send it to you.

EDIT: The server is back up now! Please try again:
http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

Last edited by Arista : 08-18-2002 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:08 AM   #29
Biancablack
A Bat

Love this mod but had a idea for it and wanted to know if its possible to change the tick counter tab numbers to automatically count hours..as in if the timer hits 1hour the highlighted number moves up one.

Hope it is possible to do and easy enough to be worth it ..seems like would be very usefull and can still keep track of ticks just by the clock itself

would in fact make this a 10+ hour timer...whatya think?
Old 08-18-2002, 01:21 PM   #30
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Biancablack
Love this mod but had a idea for it and wanted to know if its possible to change the tick counter tab numbers to automatically count hours..as in if the timer hits 1hour the highlighted number moves up one.

Hope it is possible to do and easy enough to be worth it ..seems like would be very usefull and can still keep track of ticks just by the clock itself

would in fact make this a 10+ hour timer...whatya think?

Interesting idea, but I don't think there is any way to automate clicking on a tab (think of your Actions window - if you want a view a particular tab, you have to click on it). To use the current timer to keep track of hours (assuming you are not using the mark-a-tick feature for other purposes), you have to manually click on the next tab when the hour occurs.

To automatically keep track of hours would require a new animation. For example, an additional digit in front of the digital timer to get X:XX:XX. This digit would change every hour, and cycle every 10 hours. However, since there is a hard cap of 10-seconds per animation frame, this equates to 3600 frames for that one digit. This would severely increase the size of the XML file (but is doable if you are willing to cut and paste 3600 lines). I would not personally recommend it due to file size issues.

On a side note, the mark-a-tick feature was originally added because it is simply not feasible to reset the dial often for short-term events. With the feature, the user can simply mark the starting tick (or desired ending tick) of an operation, which helps keep track without having to reset the dial. This feature may be useless for people who like to keep track in their head, or people who don't time short-term events too often. Thus, the feature can be used to manually track other information if desired.