Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-23-2003, 10:19 PM   #16
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Why not put a tick-timer in the space in the hotbutton window? That's just 6 images looped at one second intervals; that would add practically no increase in slowdown due to UI memory use/complexity. Personally, I think you should just make the item slots full size; I always make inventory slots 40x40 pixels since that's their proper size.

Enok
Old 08-23-2003, 11:26 PM   #17
Tipareth
A Gray Wolf

It makes everthing look all blurry on my screen.... I am running it in 1024 x 768.. I dont know why but it is pretty much unbearable
Old 08-24-2003, 02:13 AM   #18
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Tipareth
It makes everthing look all blurry on my screen.... I am running it in 1024 x 768.. I dont know why but it is pretty much unbearable

are you in window mode or full screen mode?

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 08-24-2003, 04:23 AM   #19
Setanta
A Fire Beetle

Been using this UI since you released the Beta. I have to say I do enjoy this UI.

The features I like:
  • Clear, easy to use spell book
  • Buff slots with names
  • Pet control nicely constructed
  • CCake is da bizness!! (there are more than enough slots for my liking - can use full inventory if I need to change everything)
  • Actions and hotbuttons are comparitively large - easy to get to
  • There's no timer - good for me coz I have my own already set up

The features I'd like to see changed (cosmetic issues)
  • Party pet health *REAL* small - pets and warders tend to die a lot
  • Default spell .tga's are the pits

The features I had problems with (showstoppers)
  • On the char select screen, the DELETE button sits right next to the QUIT button. Easy to misclick and good for a momentary heartattack!

Like I say, great job - this is a fab UI. Can't wait to see the final release.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #20
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
Why not put a tick-timer in the space in the hotbutton window? That's just 6 images looped at one second intervals; that would add practically no increase in slowdown due to UI memory use/complexity. Personally, I think you should just make the item slots full size; I always make inventory slots 40x40 pixels since that's their proper size.

Enok

Only 6 images looped if you just use a count down, also looking over the timers, there is no way to re-start/stop the timer short of
releading the UI. I may make a vertical timer Mod later, but for the standard Solaria it will not have a timer. As for making the hotbuttosn full size, we shrank the window to 155 width to compliment every other window. And as stated the original Vert 2.5 hotbutton will still work just fine, as will my horizontal hotbutton mod which I still use to this day.

-Sokol

Now I just started looking over timers, and as I said I may make a mod for one, but right now it wont be a Solaria Default.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:02 AM   #21
Tipareth
A Gray Wolf

Ok... about the blurry part.... sorry I must have been too tired. Although I was not running in windows mode when I woke up this morning it looks fine.

Feedback, as many have said do something with the space below the CCcake, either make the buttons bigger or add a timer (which you said you will not be doing).

I have not been able to see where my bard song buffs window is. I have the option on and have looked behind all the windows etc and just dont believe it is showing up. Any ideas.

I love you guy's UI and have been using them since vert first came out We all appreciate it and this one is looking great!

Sage Tipareth A'ra
Arch Convoker
Phantom Raiders, Bertox

Last edited by Tipareth : 08-24-2003 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:41 PM   #22
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Ok... about the blurry part.... sorry I must have been too tired. Although I was not running in windows mode when I woke up this morning it looks fine.

Feedback, as many have said do something with the space below the CCcake, either make the buttons bigger or add a timer (which you said you will not be doing).

I have not been able to see where my bard song buffs window is. I have the option on and have looked behind all the windows etc and just dont believe it is showing up. Any ideas.

I love you guy's UI and have been using them since vert first came out We all appreciate it and this one is looking great!

Sage Tipareth A'ra
Arch Convoker
Phantom Raiders, Bertox

Reload the UI, and turn OFF "Use INI" it will reset all the boxes onto the screen. then move them back whre you had them..
Old 08-24-2003, 01:13 PM   #23
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Jentraal
Default Hotbox

The 1 and 2 for the clicky areas of the hotbox are invisible to me (black). Did I mess it up by copying my original hotbox definition? Do I have to run CCake again to get it to show up properly?

Jentraal Squishypants - 70 ROG - 598 AA
Old 08-24-2003, 01:30 PM   #24
Sokol

Default Re: Hotbox

Quote:
Originally posted by Jentraal
The 1 and 2 for the clicky areas of the hotbox are invisible to me (black). Did I mess it up by copying my original hotbox definition? Do I have to run CCake again to get it to show up properly?

The problem is, that the TGA's in your hotbutton file are still set to windows_pieces07.tga or 06 .tga I will be updating Vert from 2.5 to 2.6 as soon as LDoN is released, so I know I have all the changes, but for now use this zip. It's the default Vert 2.6 <--<<
Hotbutton window.

-Sokol
Attached Files
File Type: zip vert2.6_equi_hotbuttonwnd.zip (3.1 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-24-2003, 01:32 PM   #25
Sokol

Quote:

LOL yes WE said we would put something there, we just have to figure out what. Maybe some stats, for now were not concerned with it.

-Sokol
Old 08-24-2003, 01:33 PM   #26
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Setanta
The features I had problems with (showstoppers)
  • On the char select screen, the DELETE button sits right next to the QUIT button. Easy to misclick and good for a momentary heartattack!

Like I say, great job - this is a fab UI. Can't wait to see the final release.

Moved delete to the top for the LDoN release.

-Sokol
Old 08-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #27
JonJonSanfru
A Bat

Server: Karana
Send a message via AIM to JonJonSanfru

Very nice update to Vert guys i've been using your UIs since Luclin. My only questions are (and i apologize if they have been addressed already):

1. Will there be a small icon spell gem set? 4x2?
2. Will there be a few different color schemes like Vert?
3. How do you move the cast time bar? i'm used to it being in my spell gems and when i load the vert 4x2 into solaria i'm still stuck with the cast time bar in the middle top of my screen.
4. Is there to shrink the Inventory/Bags/Bank/Trade/etc down to the size of the Hotkey Inv slots? I use EQW set at 1018x715 to fit on my 1024x768 desktop (LCD so thats as big as it gets for me)... so EQ screen space is at a premium for me and i have problems fitting stuff onto my screen and keeping up visibility. maybe have the windows containing the slots shrunk down too?

Sorry if my questions are 'gimme gimme', i'm a total user its easy for me to sit here and shoot off requests anyways, great job guys... i've tried a few other UIs, but none are as clean and user friendly as yours... not to mention how slick the UIs always look. thx again from a loyal fan, lmk if that stuff is possible/in the works

ps, something i've always wondered... is there a way for you guys to add timestamps to the chat windows? i /feedback everyday but so far nothing from SoE
Old 08-26-2003, 01:24 AM   #28
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by JonJonSanfru
Very nice update to Vert guys i've been using your UIs since Luclin. My only questions are (and i apologize if they have been addressed already):

1. Will there be a small icon spell gem set? 4x2?
2. Will there be a few different color schemes like Vert?
3. How do you move the cast time bar? i'm used to it being in my spell gems and when i load the vert 4x2 into solaria i'm still stuck with the cast time bar in the middle top of my screen.
4. Is there to shrink the Inventory/Bags/Bank/Trade/etc down to the size of the Hotkey Inv slots? I use EQW set at 1018x715 to fit on my 1024x768 desktop (LCD so thats as big as it gets for me)... so EQ screen space is at a premium for me and i have problems fitting stuff onto my screen and keeping up visibility. maybe have the windows containing the slots shrunk down too?

Sorry if my questions are 'gimme gimme', i'm a total user its easy for me to sit here and shoot off requests anyways, great job guys... i've tried a few other UIs, but none are as clean and user friendly as yours... not to mention how slick the UIs always look. thx again from a loyal fan, lmk if that stuff is possible/in the works

ps, something i've always wondered... is there a way for you guys to add timestamps to the chat windows? i /feedback everyday but so far nothing from SoE

1. yes when we get in to full release Sokol promises further mods

2. yes (read above)

3. i move mine by loading default, putting it where i want and loading Solaria...

4. no idea what your really asking here..

ps.. no, there is only a time stamp in your /log.txt file.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:11 AM   #29
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Kudane, for number 4 they're asking if you'd shrink all inventory slots to your bastardized (sorry, personal opinion) shrunken dimensions you used for item slots on your hotkey window. They want to reduce the space all tiem slots in the UI take up.

Personally, I wish all UI modders would keep EVERY item slot at 40x40 since those are the dimensions of the item graphic and prevents distortion. But, that's never gonna happen.

Enok
Old 08-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #30
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken
Kudane, for number 4 they're asking if you'd shrink all inventory slots to your bastardized (sorry, personal opinion) shrunken dimensions you used for item slots on your hotkey window. They want to reduce the space all tiem slots in the UI take up.

Personally, I wish all UI modders would keep EVERY item slot at 40x40 since those are the dimensions of the item graphic and prevents distortion. But, that's never gonna happen.

Enok

Now now if every one kept everythign default we wouldn't have custom UI's?

Besides if you want the Vert 2.x Hotbutton window, I've uploaded one that works with Soalria till I update Vert to 2.6 (Which is done justw aiting to see if LDoN has any more surprises

-Sokol

Also, the Horizontal HB mod with ALL inv slots on it is still avail at

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...nfo.php?id=1428

And it should work fine with Solaria.