EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help ! ? ! ? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Small map broken as of patch (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20727)

Halelen 07-14-2010 08:04 PM

i dont have bags or anything on my map window i was able to resize map and atlas but there is still a large background behind them that you cannot make smaller then it currently is

Fessic 07-14-2010 08:17 PM

i have been going over the file and the template file for the last few hours

FYI i removed the atlas tab and still can't resize. I think the assumption that SoE is passing a hard coded variable to this window might be correct, I just don't understand why now?

Fessic 07-14-2010 08:19 PM

could maybe cut the image file into two pieces one the size that you want the map and have it visable, and the other the rest of the window and have it set to invisible?

lunasveil 07-14-2010 08:46 PM

Not that I am by any means an xml guru but with the transparent background thing added would that be a quick fix to the background issue? at least could make that see through so you could kind of ignore it til a real fix works?

Halelen 07-14-2010 08:56 PM

setting background to transparent affects the entire window and if any of the transparent window is over anything you need to click it will block you from clicking it

warriorofmight 07-14-2010 09:30 PM

Messed around with Myxp Tiny and could not figure it out ... might try again tomorrow if not figured out by then and see if it's maybe a tweak the template fix or if it really is hardcoded (/smack SoE if so).

a_ceara01 07-15-2010 06:05 AM

Ugh, this will make it nearly impossible to keep the map up on the screen (at least for those who are unfortunately capped at 1280x1024). Wonder if Sony would assist if this was brought to their attention on the official forums?

Watik 07-15-2010 10:41 AM

Yes, they are aware of the issues and are looking into it.

From SKlug:
Quote:
We're looking into the UI issues...the windows being moved offscreen, and the minimum size issue. Neither were intentional and we'll get them fixed.

Steven S. Klug
EverQuest Lead Programmer

lunasveil 07-15-2010 10:54 AM

Beat me to the punch ~ that is what he told me too ~ quote "Yes there was a change to the EQ engine, it was not intentional ~ it's amongst the issues to be fixed that the engine change caused" Thank goodness

Skaazz 07-15-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ceara01
Ugh, this will make it nearly impossible to keep the map up on the screen (at least for those who are unfortunately capped at 1280x1024). Wonder if Sony would assist if this was brought to their attention on the official forums?

Drag it to the bottom right of the screen, with the black portion off screen for a temp interim half-arsed fix. Just so happens that's where I kept mine anyway. Didn't even notice the issue until i tried to click my bags tab (which was obviously off screen).

sark 07-16-2010 02:28 PM

Work around for small map. I Minimize the map , zone and the map appears the correct size. Just make sure you minimize the map again before zoning.

a_ceara01 07-28-2010 11:15 AM

Any word on the mini maps as of today's update? =)

Wolfling 07-28-2010 01:54 PM

Appears to be fixed now

Mine is working normally again

Wolf

Kalthazz 07-28-2010 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my map is still screwed and anyone able to fix it for me?