EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Classic EQ/Velious UI in the works (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15448)

Aramil Dannodel 10-28-2004 02:34 AM

Re: Classic EQ/Velious UI in the works

Actually, Zanta, Talyns already released something very similar to the old "small-screen" UI...and in multiple colour schema, as well. Mind you, they aren't exactly the same as the old "small-screen" UI, but they are quite close...definitely struck a few nostalgic nerves when I first saw them.

Here they are:
-Blue themed old "small-screen" UI.
-Green themed old "small-screen" UI.
-Gray themed old "small-screen" UI.
-Purple themed old "small-screen" UI.
-Red themed old "small-screen" UI.
-"Wood" themed old "small-screen" UI.

On a second note, keep up the nice work, DOA...I'm definitely looking forward to trying that one out, myself. Especially if you could get the rest of the post-"old school" UI modded to match the theme. If not, hey, another project to add to the 300 others atop the dangerously leaning pile. Heh.

NOTE: Yes, the coding to this post shows I had entirely too much free time on my hands this lovely Thursday morning. Insomnia can be fun, like that...much more entertaining than a novel of my senseless drivel, I find. "OOH! Look at the pretty colours!" /smirk

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]
Bitch at Amiez!! -- in the words of Spleen.

Zantaklawz 10-28-2004 09:52 AM

Thanks for the links Aramil... I recall someone doing the same thing at the old EQInterface site before they moved to this one, that looked just exactly like the picture I posted. I tried searching for it here, but have come up empty handed.

Oldschool101 10-28-2004 04:47 PM

Well.. When is the Vel one comeing out? I really want to use this.. I miss it soo..

Oldschool101 11-19-2004 01:11 PM

So, were might the UI be? *cry* Been waitin..

fallowmar 11-28-2004 03:14 PM

I too loved the Velious UI. The thing that I miss most about it though is that you could hit the ` key and it would auto shade or remove the shading from the window. The reason that was so key to me was zones where the background was bright, I liked having the shading to see white/yellow text and I liked removing it when I was in a dark environment. Anyone know if there is a way to add that functionality back to the windows?

DOACleric 11-30-2004 12:24 PM

Sorry for being absent for so long, but i've been very very busy :)

The UI is 95% complete. However, chances are that I will most likely not be releasing it for seperate download until my Circle of Elements project is completed, as I mainly created the UI to be used for CoE, and there are several issues with it if used on a currect EQ character (mainly the spell book).

To get more info on CoE, and to view some more screenshots of the UI, you can visit my website at www.eqclassic.net. For those wondering what Circle of Elements is, its a project aimed at recreating classic EQ the way it was back in 1999.

fallowmar: There is no way to put back the functionality of the ` key, since its been removed from the client. The UI currently does not have the transparent background and is completly clear. The grey background can be added back with relative ease, but there would be no way to turn it on/off from within the game.

Oldschool101 11-30-2004 02:42 PM

Well, when ever you can get it to us will be nice.. haha

Oldschool101 11-30-2004 02:46 PM

So your makeing a server for EqEmu? I once tryed that.. was not to fun.. i did not understand it.. haha.. Could not cast.. or hit for more then 1.. lol.. even on wep that was 125/0 lol.. Oo well.. if it is an EqEmu server.. could you tell me how to work it.. haha I would love to play old Eq again

Oldschool101 01-04-2005 05:58 PM

This every going to come out???

soyna1105 01-05-2005 06:38 PM

Classic EQ

When and if you get this done, I can't wait. Looks like just what I need. I have downloaded just about all the ui's that they have and none of them work at all to my satisfaction. Please hurry and get this finished it will be a welcome ui finally to all the other ones out there. Bless You.
Please Hurry.
Thank you for working on a ui that will be the best I have seen yet. :nana:

Oldschool101 01-18-2005 01:54 AM

Come On!!! I Cant Wait!!!!

Inokis 01-18-2005 02:45 AM

Lets try to keep the bumping to a minimum. He knows where to find the thread and he'll post if there's new info regarding his project.

NoUseForAName 06-27-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantaklawz
Man, talk about having a flashback...

Now all we need is a UI that looks like this...

Now there is an old school UI for ya! *chuckle* :D

That is truely old skool /bow

uulan 06-28-2005 01:01 PM

that super oldskool UI would be the sasiest one to make. all the images are right there to use. use psp to cut them out. use XML UI to place them.

Greyfox8888 04-11-2006 09:56 PM

Am I to guess that this project is discontinued and sadly will never be seen to the public??? Or did I just miss out on something?