EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle Tutorials & Info. (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   SIDL Fiddle WYSIWYG Editor (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4053)

Ambros 01-27-2003 06:56 PM

1) I had 0.7.1 running with 1.4 the other day. I'll have to include some additional instructions since 1.4 requires mega memory to run anything.

2) As for the bank not showing up. You can try a couple of things. First, open the xml with internet explorer and see if it parses the file correctly (to rule out syntax errors). Next you can check the DOS window of SIDL Fiddle for any error messages. Thirdly, wait until the end of the week and try it when I release 0.7.1. Lastly, if nothing else helps you can email me the xml file and I'll try to figure out what it's doing.

GRATS to my beloved BUCCANEERS!!!!

Spiritweaver75 01-27-2003 07:04 PM

BOOO

Bah go raiders so what if they lost, were humiliated, and had the defense score more points then they did they are still the BEST
Quote:
GRATS to my beloved BUCCANEERS!!!!

Felblade 01-30-2003 07:20 PM

??

I seem to be having the same problem that a few others have in opening the program. I double click the .bat file, and the dialog box displays asking me to point to the Everquest directory. I select E: (cause that's where it is!) and click the OK button (I do not double click E:) and I get a dialog box appear that tells me "This directory isn't the EQ home directory. Want to try again?" when I click yes, it pops the original box up, that gives me the option to select A:, C:, D:, E:, F:, but nothing else. If I click cancel, I get this error message:

E:\program files\fiddle>java -jar fiddle.jar
Properties not found. Creating new file.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.shutdown(Fiddle.java:191)
at com.barbre.fiddle.io.loaders.PropertiesLoader.requ estHomeLocation(Pro
pertiesLoader.java:90)
at com.barbre.fiddle.io.loaders.PropertiesLoader.setE QLocation(Propertie
sLoader.java:63)
at com.barbre.fiddle.io.loaders.PropertiesLoader.setE QLocation(Propertie
sLoader.java:54)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.init(Fiddle.java:65)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.getInstance(Fiddle.java:5 6)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.main(Fiddle.java:157)

Any help here? This is the same with Fiddle 063, and 064. I'm running Java 1.3 (from the link on your website). Computer is an Athlon 2200+, 512DDR, ATi Radeon 9700PRO, on an Asus A7V8X M/B with WIN XP Pro.

Thanks in advance!

Ambros 01-30-2003 11:17 PM

Unless everquest is installed at the root of your E: drive then that is the wrong location. You may need to double click to get the directory or drive to expand. I'll try to fix that up a bit before I put 0.7.1 out tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

blakkwolf 02-05-2003 02:33 PM

Not getting view

I open the program, click on open a screen, select my file and i see nothing. no errors in dos window. some step im missing?:(

Ambros 02-05-2003 07:42 PM

I'll get some documentation someday...

Do these steps to open a file:

1. You need to select the file you wish to open.
2. Select the screen in the elements box (screens are bold in the list).
3. Click open screen.

If you do not have a screen selected the action will do nothing; unfortunately that includes not providing any feedback.

Hope this helps.

--Mike

Caleal 02-05-2003 09:03 PM

Hmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I load a screen, it does not actually show the graphics for the window as they should appear, if at all. When I load my group window, it shows the background and border, and all the lables, but it doesn't show any of the gauge graphics. If I click where a gauge should be, it makes a white box the size of the piece, but doesn't ever actually show the graphic...

I would love to be able to replace SidlWidle because the developer has abandoned it. Unless SIDLFiddle can display the window close to what it looks like in game, while I'm editing it, it is of little interest to me...

Perkoset_BB 02-05-2003 11:53 PM

I have the latest Java (1.4.1_01 and have tried several versions of Java including the one on the your website) and 0.7.1 of Fiddle and I still get the Out of memory error. :(

Any ideas? I'd really like to actually use this program.

Perk

Shuhite 02-06-2003 12:55 PM

Eureka!!! It works!

Don't forget to put the library files in the same directory you have run.bat, it took me a bit to figure that out :rolleyes: . also, when I go into the actual program and open a file, nothing shows up in the WYSIWYG part... thingy. Any insight?

Perkoset_BB 02-06-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:
Don't forget to put the library files in the same directory you have run.bat

Yep did that.
Still out of memory. I really dislike java. :mad: But I really want to use this program! Maybe it's just me but it's always something with that language that goes wrong. I guess I have bad java luck. hehe

Perk

Ambros 02-06-2003 08:21 PM

Dislike Java :(

I would never code in anything else again!

Ok, 1.4 is still problematic. Make sure you have the extended jvm parameters setup (see the download page). If that doesn't work it may be something with memory limitations on your machine. I got it running with 1.4 on winnt with 512mb of mem.

As another note. There is a switch you can add when running the program to debug...I haven't said much about it because it slows things down, but if you run Sidl Fiddle with the following:

java -jar fiddle.jar -debug

it will print out LOTS of info on what its doing. You might want to try that to see where it explodes.

Also, let me know what ui's you are using and I'll try to duplicate the error as well.

Thanks.

--Mike

Ambros 02-08-2003 09:19 AM

0.7.2 Released

This version adds the following:
  • Multiple selections can now be dragged as a group.
  • Added status message to open/close indicating when these actions are invalid.
  • Right-click rubberbanding enabled to select multiple objects at once.
  • Flush graphics menu item to clear the loaded images. Any open screens will be unchanged

I noticed that after about two hours I got an out of memory error. Obviously, I still have a memory leak somewhere. :mad:

Perkoset_BB 02-08-2003 10:15 AM

Well I semi got it working.
I used the java -Xms32m -Xmx512m -jar fiddle.jar you suggest on the webpage and it will now load or I should say attempt to load gius. As it parses the entire directory it finally get to the feedback window and just sits there. I thought at first it was taking a moment and waited.
I even got up and left the computer and made a sandwich.
Came back.
Still trying to load the feedback window.
It was the default directory no less.

Oh well.
Unless anyone has any other ideas I give up for now. I'll wait a few versions and try again.

Thanks Ambros for all your hard work and the suggestions you made. I'm sure it's a awesome piece of software.

Perk

Son-of-a-Gun 02-08-2003 10:30 AM

Very nice post when its not beta.

Ambros 02-08-2003 03:43 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by feedback window. When you select a file you should see it parsing (status bar at bottom). When that finishes the elements window should populate with the files elements. At that point you must select a screen to open.

Can you tell me if the elements are loading in the listbox?

Ambros 02-08-2003 07:29 PM

FYI

I have update the website with a (very) small tutorial describing how to use SIDL Fiddle to modify the bank window.

Perkoset_BB 02-09-2003 01:55 AM

As for the problem, sorry if I'm not explaining it well.
Let me see if I can explain it better. :D
I load up the program.
I select the Default directory (I did this just to test it).
I've tried other directories but it won't load my custom directoery at the moment.
I select say the bank window. I click the EQUI_Bankwnd.xml.
I see at the bottom of the window where it says it's parsing files.
Seems to be doing fine.
Then it gets to the EQUI_Feedbackwnd.xml and it stops. It sits on that files in the parsing listing. No elements are loaded.
The Program just stalls dead.

Nothing else I can do so I just close it.

Hope that was a little better, it's midnight here and it's been a long day. heh

Anyhow, have a good weekend. :nana:

Perk

P.S. I'm not doubting it's WinXP and some evil Java crap MS did somewhere. Probably Microsofts sloppy uninstall of Virtual Machine or something. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. But I'm probably going to be reinstalling on sunday and I'll start with a fresh install and see how that goes. It will probably work just great them *Hope Hope*

Ambros 02-09-2003 01:03 PM

This is the feedback xml in the default folder? That is odd. Does the DOS window have any error messages? Did I ask that before?

I wonder if you are still getting out of memory exceptions. I may have to consider an alternative XML parsing library; seems like the apache/jdom ones are huge memory hogs.

I would recommend trying the 1.3 JVM as well, but I know that isn't always an option for some folks. I'm just so unimpressed with the memory footprint of 1.4 I don't even have it on my PC. It is very annoying and incompatible with previous versions of Java, IMHO.

GreenDragon 02-09-2003 01:10 PM

It works on Windows XP with java 1.4.1_01.

cneajna 02-09-2003 02:14 PM

Cannot get past splash screen

Hmm, I have installed Java 1.3.1_07 and version 0.7.2 of SIDL fiddle.
I run the batch file and get the option to choose the eq directory, but after I choose the directory, I get the following error messages.

F:EQ Related\fiddle_0_7_2>java -jar fiddle.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
at com.barbre.fiddle.menus.InterfaceMenu.<init>(InterfaceMenu.java:34)
at com.barbre.fiddle.MainMenu.<init>(MainMenu.java:25)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.setupFrame(Fiddle.java:11 3)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.init(Fiddle.java:65)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.getInstance(Fiddle.java:5 2)
at com.barbre.fiddle.Fiddle.main(Fiddle.java:165)

Any advice? I am running an XP2600+ with 512MB

Cheers! :)

Perkoset_BB 02-09-2003 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambros
This is the feedback xml in the default folder? That is odd. Does the DOS window have any error messages? Did I ask that before?

I wonder if you are still getting out of memory exceptions. I may have to consider an alternative XML parsing library; seems like the apache/jdom ones are huge memory hogs.

I would recommend trying the 1.3 JVM as well, but I know that isn't always an option for some folks. I'm just so unimpressed with the memory footprint of 1.4 I don't even have it on my PC. It is very annoying and incompatible with previous versions of Java, IMHO.

Yes it's the feedback XML in the default folder.
The DOS window does not show any error. I even took the liberty of using the -debug arguement to see if any additional info was available and nothing. the Software just stops working at the feedback window. It actually won't even load any custom folders.

I'll dump 1.4.1 and go back to 1.3 again and see if that doesn't anything with the new version. I'll post here with my findings.

Thanks again Ambros.

Perk

Perkoset_BB 02-09-2003 03:25 PM

OMG, with your new version of Fiddle and uninstalling 1.4.1 and reinstalling 1.3.1 java it works! With the original bat file commands.

The parser is still kind of slow and stalls for a second on the feedback window. BUT it loads all the directories I have and I can now get productive! hehe

Thanks again.

Perk

Cairenn 02-09-2003 03:41 PM

Okay, go ahead and call me incredibly stupid, but how do you get the program to actually *run*? Downloaded, unzipped into a folder, none of the files seem to actually start the program though ...

Perkoset_BB 02-09-2003 04:20 PM

Click the Run.bat. It's in the directory.

You have to have Java installed from Ambros's site. He has a link to it from there.

Java link

Perk

Ambros 02-09-2003 10:49 PM

You need to download the runtime libraries for 0.7.* and unzip them in the same folder as the program files. JDom is in the runtime libraries. http://www.barbre44.com/downloads.html

Yelara 02-10-2003 01:27 AM

I've done all of the above: DLed the libraries, the latest version of SIDL Fiddle and the correct version of the JAVA utility. (1.3.1.something) from the link on the SIDL Fiddle download page.

I can load SIDL Fiddle jujst fine, but as soon as I try to open a file, any file, I get an Out Of memory error. It doesn't crash the program, like it did with 0.64 but I still can't view or edit any files.

I'm running XP Pro on a P4 1.8 with 512mb Ram. (I think I read somewhere to set up a larger swap file, preferably on a separate HD, which is how my system is already configured and it still doesn't work)

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Scytale 02-10-2003 03:12 AM

great program, works fine for me~

keep it up heh.

cneajna 02-10-2003 05:51 AM

Doh

Realising my stupidity, I downloaded the runtime libraries and can confirm that the program now runs error free :)
Havent noticed any memory errors yet either.

Ambros 02-10-2003 09:10 PM

Yel:

Even the default files won't load? Do you get any error's in the DOS window?

Perkoset_BB 02-10-2003 09:37 PM

Ambros, I got a new one for you.

This happens when I try to open the player window from the elements screen (FILE|Open Screen), I'm using Mafoo's and wanted to edit a couple of things out. When I try to have it load from the elements screen to the WYSIWYG screen this scrolls by in the Dos window.

Code:
C:\fiddle>java -jar fiddle.jar Exception occurred during event dispatching: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.Gauge.paint(Gauge.java:4 4) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.InternalFrame.paint(Inte rnalFrame.java:77) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JSplitPane.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknow n Source) at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknow n Source) at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JFrame.update(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.RepaintArea.update(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) Exception occurred during event dispatching: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.Gauge.paint(Gauge.java:4 4) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at com.barbre.fiddle.widgets.InternalFrame.paint(Inte rnalFrame.java:77) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JSplitPane.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithBuffer(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unkno wn Source) at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWor kRequest.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hope I explained what I was doing good enough. :D

Perk