EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Quartz Redux Leather (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19022)

damij 04-25-2010 09:04 PM

It doe not scroll when full. Even if it did, that is less useful than having it stataionarly-large. What do i need to change to drop it down some?

Halelen 04-26-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damij
It doe not scroll when full. Even if it did, that is less useful than having it stataionarly-large. What do i need to change to drop it down some?

open the xml and scroll to bottom where it has window size and change the y value to double or triple what it is now according to what you want.

Hal

Fortinbra 02-09-2011 04:26 PM

wtb update

can we please get a update due to todays new patch!

Halelen 06-19-2011 07:16 AM

Back on

Well looks like I am able to post again so current versions are here. Reworked bandolier and bank windows for the new 32 slot bags,made the windows smaller. Hope you all like them.

Hal

damij 11-27-2011 02:24 AM

The bandoiler window that functions as a bag-widow is pretty skewed; is this a bug or just a side effect of the new giant bags? I really enjoyed the larger-version of this window.

Halelen 11-27-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damij
The bandoiler window that functions as a bag-widow is pretty skewed; is this a bug or just a side effect of the new giant bags? I really enjoyed the larger-version of this window.

skewed as in?

damij 11-27-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
skewed as in?

It's suddenly tiny, and mostly nonfunctional because of the size change.

Now: http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7285/nowq.png

Before: http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2366/44619750.jpg

Halelen 11-29-2011 08:47 PM

yes that is a by product of accomodating the new bags.. everything still works the same just had to be made smaller or else the window would take upo the majority of the screen.. if you want larger can make it that way..let me know.

damij 12-02-2011 12:59 AM

Yeah I'd love to get the larger version back in.

Halelen 12-02-2011 07:53 PM

so you want it 32 bag size or ??

HSishi 01-04-2012 08:41 AM

Bug in EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml of most Redux UI versions

Hello and Happy New Year :)

Today I updated my UI sets and noticed a strange behaviour of the spellgems window. I tested it with the Redux UI's V9.1 (Dec 15th, 2011), both caster and hybrid branches.
On my SHM toon 12 spell gems are available, my BST toon just has 8 spell gems.

1. I size the spellbar to minimum required size (just all spell gems and book icon are visible).
2. Then I try to move the window around (which is possible) --> both X and Y sizes increase for some pixel on every move, even if I just click when the "move" crosshair is visible and immediately release it without moving. Repeating this just sizes up the window again and again.
Automatic resizing to a "show all contents" state does NOT work.
Also, the Spell casting gauge does NOT appear.
This occurs with RE Hybrid, QRL Hybrid and QRL Caster.

The RE Caster spellgems window seems to work as intented:
Resizing adds just enough Y size for the casting gauge and X size for all available spell gems plus the spell book icon right of them, even if the spellbook is below the gems.

After I compared the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml files I noticed some differences:
1. Only the RE Caster file contains the contents of lines 344..397 and lines 424..425, which are the casting gauge and casting spell name.
2. In line 291 (<SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren>) of all versions except RE Casters the value is set to false.

All UI versions have an EQUI_CastingWindow.xml but these files are basically empty except of the XML header descriptions.

So, for the moment, I suggest to use the "RE Caster" spellgem window (filename is EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml) in the RE Hybrid, QRL Caster and QRL Hybrid UI as well.

//HSishi

Halelen 01-04-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSishi
Hello and Happy New Year :)

Today I updated my UI sets and noticed a strange behaviour of the spellgems window. I tested it with the Redux UI's V9.1 (Dec 15th, 2011), both caster and hybrid branches.
On my SHM toon 12 spell gems are available, my BST toon just has 8 spell gems.

1. I size the spellbar to minimum required size (just all spell gems and book icon are visible).
2. Then I try to move the window around (which is possible) --> both X and Y sizes increase for some pixel on every move, even if I just click when the "move" crosshair is visible and immediately release it without moving. Repeating this just sizes up the window again and again.
Automatic resizing to a "show all contents" state does NOT work.
Also, the Spell casting gauge does NOT appear.
This occurs with RE Hybrid, QRL Hybrid and QRL Caster.

The RE Caster spellgems window seems to work as intented:
Resizing adds just enough Y size for the casting gauge and X size for all available spell gems plus the spell book icon right of them, even if the spellbook is below the gems.

After I compared the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml files I noticed some differences:
1. Only the RE Caster file contains the contents of lines 344..397 and lines 424..425, which are the casting gauge and casting spell name.
2. In line 291 (<SnapToChildren>true</SnapToChildren>) of all versions except RE Casters the value is set to false.

All UI versions have an EQUI_CastingWindow.xml but these files are basically empty except of the XML header descriptions.

So, for the moment, I suggest to use the "RE Caster" spellgem window (filename is EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml) in the RE Hybrid, QRL Caster and QRL Hybrid UI as well.

//HSishi

Not a bug, it is operating as intended, the casting bar wont show on those UI's because the casting bar is not on the spellbar for those uis, it is located on the target window for caster and the combat abilities window for melee and hybrid. RE-Caster is the only one designed to have the casting bar on the spellbar. The empty xml is so that the default casting window doesnt keep popping up everytime you cast(it is required to be there or will error out).

HSishi 01-04-2012 06:59 PM

Ah, ok, I understand. Didn't check the combat abilities window(s) because I was focused on the strange behaviour of the spellgems window.

Now I understand why I didn't have the casting gauge on my shaman with Hybrid UI - Shaman's don't have combat abilities.

I understand now it's a bad idea using the caster's spellgems window with the hybrid UI, because the casting gauge is described multiple times, and if an error occurs (pretty sure about that) I know now why.

But your answer, Halelen, doesn't cover the other issue - self-resizing spellgems window when moved around, in all UIs except RE caster.
Does this occur because of the different "SnapToChildren" parameter value (line 291)?

//Hsishi

Halelen 01-05-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:
Ah, ok, I understand. Didn't check the combat abilities window(s) because I was focused on the strange behaviour of the spellgems window.

Now I understand why I didn't have the casting gauge on my shaman with Hybrid UI - Shaman's don't have combat abilities.

I understand now it's a bad idea using the caster's spellgems window with the hybrid UI, because the casting gauge is described multiple times, and if an error occurs (pretty sure about that) I know now why.

But your answer, Halelen, doesn't cover the other issue - self-resizing spellgems window when moved around, in all UIs except RE caster.
Does this occur because of the different "SnapToChildren" parameter value (line 291)?
//Hsishi

You are absolutely correct. change this setting and you will be able to change the window as you are wishing. Sorry i missed that part in original post :D

HSishi 01-05-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
You are absolutely correct. change this setting and you will be able to change the window as you are wishing. Sorry i missed that part in original post :D

Do you plan to release a new version, a quick patch or just an "official" description how to fix the affected UI files then or do you wait until next patch with larger changes in UI?

//HSishi

Halelen 02-21-2014 11:37 AM

QRL updated to latest patch... message me if anything is wrong

martyclune 03-31-2014 11:44 PM

dashboard is one the main part through all content are connected and accessible to use so it is more attractive..

online slots

luckyhoney25 01-27-2018 10:13 AM

May we please have an update for the new Expansion Ring of Scale or can add an additional spell slot?

For me the UI still works but it can not show the new 13th spell gem. In ring of scale they give you one more level of mnemonic retention AA.

Halelen 01-27-2018 11:10 AM

I have this corrected already, I must not have pushed to site. Will post new version when I get home tonight.

Hal

Halelen 01-28-2018 03:41 PM

All my UI's have been updated and should appear soon, any problems or requests, post here as I no longer play or check this site. Posting here will send a notice to my email and then I can get to the problem faster.
Enjoy
Hal

HSishi 12-10-2022 11:00 AM

No bag slots since NoS

Hi Halelen,

the Redux Evolution UI's don't show bag slots or their contents after NoS release. I have no clue why since there is no container file in your UI.
Plus, the "Window Selector" window doesn't show the additional armor slots, only the buttons for Mail and Mercenary tool.

The real bad part: Handing an item to a NPC causes a client crash (which causes the loss of the item); this doesn't happen with 'Default' UI.
Getting an item handed from another player works.

Loading any 2022.9 variant doesn't report an error ingame. The file 'UIErrors.txt' lists the usual "file ... not found in ... Attempting to use file from Default skin" warnings.
There's also a "ScreenPiece CastingWindow referenced but not found in XML." message but the EQ client tolerates that.

Any idea what is wrong with the bags? Thanks for looking into it.

//HSishi

Halelen 12-10-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:
Hi Halelen,

the Redux Evolution UI's don't show bag slots or their contents after NoS release. I have no clue why since there is no container file in your UI.
Plus, the "Window Selector" window doesn't show the additional armor slots, only the buttons for Mail and Mercenary tool.

The real bad part: Handing an item to a NPC causes a client crash (which causes the loss of the item); this doesn't happen with 'Default' UI.
Getting an item handed from another player works.

Loading any 2022.9 variant doesn't report an error ingame. The file 'UIErrors.txt' lists the usual "file ... not found in ... Attempting to use file from Default skin" warnings.
There's also a "ScreenPiece CastingWindow referenced but not found in XML." message but the EQ client tolerates that.

Any idea what is wrong with the bags? Thanks for looking into it.

//HSishi

The screen piece has never been there, that’s allowed. As for the bag issue that is a hard coded issue with the game. It has happened before and they fixed the issue. I cannot recreate the issue since I don’t own large enough bags. I was waiting to see if daybreak was going to fix the code. Other options are use smaller bags, or I have been told if I put tabs on the bank window it will work. If you want tabs I’ll throw one together just let me know

HSishi 12-11-2022 03:54 AM

Bank tabs sounds like a nice idea. With 24 base slots the FullBank window got quite large.
I suggest to group them into groups of 6, the shared slots displayed separately. With the open bandolier this would be a theoretic maximum of 1013 item icons (1012 in the bag,s 1 on mouse) to be displayed.
Though, I don't know what the current maximum is; on the other side, there aren't many 46 slots containers yet.

It doesn't matter how big the container is which I open. A 46 slot container is displayed as plain empty, even without the slots pattern, as a 10 slot combine bag in classic view.

Anyway, big thanks for looking into that issue and your attempt to group the bank bags into tabs. I appreciate it alot :) .

Halelen 12-11-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:
Bank tabs sounds like a nice idea. With 24 base slots the FullBank window got quite large.
I suggest to group them into groups of 6, the shared slots displayed separately. With the open bandolier this would be a theoretic maximum of 1013 item icons (1012 in the bag,s 1 on mouse) to be displayed.
Though, I don't know what the current maximum is; on the other side, there aren't many 46 slots containers yet.

It doesn't matter how big the container is which I open. A 46 slot container is displayed as plain empty, even without the slots pattern, as a 10 slot combine bag in classic view.

Anyway, big thanks for looking into that issue and your attempt to group the bank bags into tabs. I appreciate it alot :) .

I didn’t get it into the uis yet but it is on the website under its own download if you want to try it out

HSishi 12-11-2022 11:35 AM

Thanks for adapting the Big Bank window. The tabbed version merged into the RE 2022.9 Melee UI without issues.

Unfortunately, the issue with the bags and a crash when initiating a hand-in is still there.

Halelen 12-11-2022 05:14 PM

So slots still aren’t showing?

Halelen 12-13-2022 08:07 PM

ok so the slots not showing is part of the bank issue, trying different things has come down to you can live with it and hope they fix it, or you can remove the bank or the bandolier window, either restores the selector window slots. For that matter could delete the selector window and only lose 10 slots. I will play around some more tonight and may change some things.

Ok fixed the issue with the selector slots not showing, maybe that will correct the other issues as well