EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General authoring help / discussion (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   looking for more hotkey buttons (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170)

lektor 07-28-2002 01:16 PM

looking for more hotkey buttons

Anyone able to put more than 10 buttons on the hotkey pad? im looking for like 12-14ish. where can i find info to try to make that myself, i have no prior knowledge of the subject. thanks for any help.

Cilinya 07-29-2002 01:25 AM

I dont think its possible because you can only do 1-0 number buttons...maybe it is but I dont believe so.

guice 07-29-2002 02:33 AM

The only think I can maybe suggest is possably seeing what you're wanting them for.

Yes, you can't go over 10, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to go over 6 if it was still like that. VI likes harding values.

But, you can do things like adding INV spot(s) and Equip spot(s) to give the feel of more.

In Example, I was thinking about making a mod with one INV slot, and the weapon slots. This will clear up a few hotkeys.

Tefrod 07-29-2002 03:15 AM

what happens when you page thru your hotbox keys?

maybe there are different tags for each page's #1 - #10 ... if so you can just display 2 pages at a time but then you can't hit keyboard numbers for the 2nd set.

Finneus 07-29-2002 05:39 AM

The ideal hotkey mod for me would include 10 hotkeys plus 1 inventory slot and the mainhand weapon slot. That would free up hotkeys yet allow hotswapping weapons. I'd go with slightly larger keys since the default size is a bit small when you're trying to get a mouse on one of those keys in a laggy fight. The inv slot should not be the first slot since I prefer to keep that open for a bag with food or a quiver depending on circumstances.

Now I just have to figure out how to make it. :cool:

guice 07-29-2002 06:33 AM

I just posted a mod, similar to this.

Basically it's two, Primary and Secondary Melee into the Containers, and I added INV Slot 1 and 8 to the Hotkeys while "squashing" it down a bit (hotbox is 4x3 vs original 2x5).
Take a look in the Release forum for the mods.

As far as the paging stuff. No can do. Each page is actually the same page. How does the UI know what's on what? each time you hit the page over button, it gathers all the hotkey info from your .opt file. Each time.
Thus, gives your an illusion of 10 pages, when there's only 1.

Same goes for the socials.

buzweaver 07-29-2002 08:16 AM

I don't suppose it would be possible to make two hot button windows?

Merieltha 07-29-2002 11:45 AM

GuardianGimp posted a mod that adds the 8 bag slots plus primary and secondary weapons to the hotkey window. It's posted on eqinterface.com under the hotkeys section.

I've modified it for myself to add the ammo slot; I'm a ranger with the "Endless Quiver" AA skill, and I swap arrows depending on what I'm fighting.

I'd really like to put an autoequip box in the hotkey window as well, because I collect foraged bits for various trade skills. The code for autoequip doesn't appear to be linked to the hotkey window, sadly. (My box appears, but nothing happens when I try to drop something into it, not even a "drop on the ground" message.)