||03-18-2012 02:23 AM
Game Update 17 March 2012
Begin the Hero's Journey!
- All players are now given a Tome of the Hero's Journey which will guide them with suggested tasks to complete along their journey from 1 to 85. Many of these tasks have been revamped and rebalanced.
- A set of achievements have been added for the Hero's Journey which will grant rewards along the way.
Of Immediate interest to our community (and as we were warned, there are a TON of UI changes):
- There were many changes made to the User Interface. If you are unable to log in to a character using a custom UI, contact your UI maker for an update or rename your custom UI's folder (in \EverQuest\uifiles\) to force the character to load the default UI again.
- Fixed a bug where all two-handed weapons, shields, and augments would have a green name when the equipping player was below the required level, while one-handers and armor had red names. They now all have red names when they are not usable.
- Added the ability to buy additional character slots and other account-based features from character select.
- Merchants will now "Show Only Items That I Can Use" by default. Also spells that the character already has scribed and lower rank spells of the same spell group are now filtered out with "Show Only Items...".
- The alarm window is no longer a pop-up. It is now accessible from the EQ menu button (EQ -> Actions -> Alarm) or the /alarm command.
- Added a new set of loading screens which feature helpful tips and concept art.
- Added an option to map the "Toggle Bank Bags" feature to a key on your keyboard.
- Added a new window for Alerts and an Alert History window to show any that you have viewed previously. The history window is accessible from the EQ button.
- Altered the EQ main window (the cascading popup window that opens when you click the EQ button) so that shortcut key combinations appear next to the item commands in the window.
- Updated the "Create Character" button on the Character Creation screen to read "Enter World" instead. The functionality of this button remains the same.
- Converted all of the buttons that were individually declaring the exact "A_BtnNormal" style to use the common "BDT_Normal" template.
- Converted all of the buttons that were individually declaring the exact "A_SmallBtnNormal" style to use the common "BDT_SmallNormal" template.
- Converted all of the buttons that were individually declaring the exact "A_SquareBtnNormal" style to use the common "BDT_Square" template.
- Converted all of the buttons that were individually declaring the exact "A_BigBtnNormal" style to use the common "BDT_BigNormal" template.
- Converted all of the arrow buttons to use the common template.
- Converted all checkboxes where appropriate.
- Added a new template type for buttons that display a color in them such as the tint window, and converted all references to use this style.
- Added new template types for buttons that display coin with a recessed button around them such as the inventory display of money, and converted all references to use this style.
- Added a new template type for buttons that display items in them such as the container window, and converted all references to use this style.
- Removed the Voice Chat Notification window.
- The Welcome Screen will no longer open automatically when zoning into the first tutorial instance.
- Made it so that the newbie character no longer shows when the player is at the character select screen and has no characters.
- Changed the Journal button in the Window Selector window to open the Quest Journal window when clicked.
- Greatly increased the 'highlight' area around label points on the map and changed the highlight code so that only the nearest label point will highlight rather than all that fall within the range.
- Added the ability to change the color of the player on the map window from black. The ini for it (MyColor) is found in the [MapViewWnd] section of your character's ini file and defaults to blue. Additionally, the ability to change the group color, the local player color, and the find path color is now available through the Map Toolbar window. Added new buttons in this window to allow easy modification of each of the color options.
- Modified the map window highlight functionality while the toolbar is active so that either a line or a label will be highlighted but not both. This should make modifying the map easier since it'll be easier to highlight the one thing that is intended to be modified.
- Marked labels no longer show in the map window when the toolbar is not active (this mimics the functionality of marked lines). Fixed a bug where marked labels were not highlighted while the toolbar was active.
- Increased the number of buy lines in the Barter Buyer Window from 50 to 200.
The rest of the patch notes can be read here
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.