EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help ! ? ! ? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Vert 2.6 - Non-critical errors (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9835)

Sokol 08-28-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
he forgot to remove these to files.. please delete them.. (as posted above) and that will go away...


The, EQUI_JournalNPCWnd.xml is NOT included in Vert,
and the EQUI_JournalTextWnd.xml is no longer used and can be ignored.

Look at the error, it's calling it from the DEFAULT folder........
:) Try repatching your EQ client..


-Sokol

Kellmourn 08-28-2003 01:50 PM

I've currently lost guild management window functionality using vert2.6c. Any ideas what might be interferring? Getting no significant errors when loading the UI, or in the UIErrors.txt file. If I revert back to older vert versions with errors guild management will work.

EDIT
I have even lost the update button for the guild MOTD, the text entry window there is much bigger.
END EDIT

Sokol 08-28-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellmourn
I've currently lost guild management window functionality using vert2.6c. Any ideas what might be interferring? Getting no significant errors when loading the UI, or in the UIErrors.txt file. If I revert back to older vert versions with errors guild management will work.


That is odd, and most likely coicidence, I did not mod the guildmanegment window, most likely it's a random occuring error, and will be inherent in ALL UI's even default or a random bug. You can't have a UI caused error in a window not moded, or notreferencing any moded windows.

-Sokol

Kudane 08-28-2003 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kellmourn
I've currently lost guild management window functionality using vert2.6c. Any ideas what might be interferring? Getting no significant errors when loading the UI, or in the UIErrors.txt file. If I revert back to older vert versions with errors guild management will work.

EDIT
I have even lost the update button for the guild MOTD, the text entry window there is much bigger.
END EDIT


sounds like you have two UIs mixed.. try a fresh install of 2.6c

Adir 08-28-2003 02:39 PM

Quote:
I've currently lost guild management window functionality using vert2.6c. Any ideas what might be interferring? Getting no significant errors when loading the UI, or in the UIErrors.txt file. If I revert back to older vert versions with errors guild management will work.

I made a clean install of vert2.6c, last night, and I also noticed an odd glitch with the guild management window. Suddenly, only one name would appear (and it wasn't mine). The problem went away when I exited the game and came back, though. Everything seems to be working perfectly, now.

dunkz 08-28-2003 05:11 PM

endless loop
 
I seem to have some problem with the hotbuttonwnd in the latest vert (2.6c)

I downloaded it, installed it, ran ccake on the hotbuttonwnd and then started EQ. I got the following in the errors file at the end after it lists all the files it's going after in the default area:

....<various loading lines>......
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:02 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\Spells03.tga not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:02 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\Spells04.tga not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:02 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\Spells05.tga not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:02 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\spellbook04.tga not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:03 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\ not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:03 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\ not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:03 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\ not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:03 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\ not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:03 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\ not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:03 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\ not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 17:52:03 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\vert\ not found in directory UIFiles\vert\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
<...goes on forever causing lag and pauses and eating disk space...>

Any ideas?

dunkz 08-28-2003 05:47 PM

Figured it out
 
CCake is out of date!!!

Hehe.

The xml it generates still references image data in window_piecesxx instead of solwindow_piecesxx.

This program needs an update or folks need to be warned it makes bad xml atm. I hand editted the generated XML to fix it though. A simple search and replace of ALL instances of window_pieces to solwindow_pieces does the trick.

Kudane 08-28-2003 06:20 PM

Re: Figured it out
 
Quote:
Originally posted by dunkz
CCake is out of date!!!

Hehe.

The xml it generates still references image data in window_piecesxx instead of solwindow_piecesxx.

This program needs an update or folks need to be warned it makes bad xml atm. I hand editted the generated XML to fix it though. A simple search and replace of ALL instances of window_pieces to solwindow_pieces does the trick.


Ccake is not doing this, the copy of the default EQUI_HotButtons.xml inside the CCake folder that has done this..

Ccake takes its data from the file inside the folder with it.. simply copy the NEW EQUI_Hotbuttons.xml from the main folder INTO the Ccake folder THEN run CCake (and when done insert into the EQUI_Hotbuttons.xml file in the main vert directory) and it should work just fine.

will update 2.6d to reflect this change tonight to prevent anyone else from having this issue.

Quelthalas 08-28-2003 06:45 PM

i have the 2.6c installed, i get no incompatible errors in my chat like before since goign to C, but i do get this error in my UIErrors.txt , reapeating endlessly multiple times every second.... any clues?

[Thu Aug 28 08:41:58 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

Kudane 08-28-2003 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Quelthalas
i have the 2.6c installed, i get no incompatible errors in my chat like before since goign to C, but i do get this error in my UIErrors.txt , reapeating endlessly multiple times every second.... any clues?

[Thu Aug 28 08:41:58 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Thu Aug 28 08:41:59 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\ not found in directory UIFiles\Vert26-Ocean-Spray\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.


look in "vert26-ocean-spray" and see if there is a subfolder. if so.. move all files out of it (move them into the vert26-ocean-spray" folder)

only thing that looks like to me...

Quelthalas 08-28-2003 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
look in "vert26-ocean-spray" and see if there is a subfolder. if so.. move all files out of it (move them into the vert26-ocean-spray" folder)

only thing that looks like to me...


nope, no subfolder cept for cake and extras

should i make a subfolder just to see what it does maybe?

Quelthalas 08-28-2003 07:04 PM

copied the vert dir into the vert dir, just to see,
no go, still the same error

Archus 08-28-2003 08:21 PM

Vert 2.6B
 
Sokol - You said to d/l Vert 2.6 B to avoid that error with the hp in the group and target windows, but the only available version on this site is 2.6 C. Will there be a version 2.6 D to correct this minor glitch or will you be putting a link to the appropriate fixed file for download?

Thanks for your great work on this UI. :)

Sokol 08-28-2003 08:28 PM

Re: Vert 2.6B
 
Quote:
Originally posted by Archus
Sokol - You said to d/l Vert 2.6 B to avoid that error with the hp in the group and target windows, but the only available version on this site is 2.6 C. Will there be a version 2.6 D to correct this minor glitch or will you be putting a link to the appropriate fixed file for download?

Thanks for your great work on this UI. :)


2.6c comes after 2.6b :) The problem is that ccake causes problems :) There realy si no reason for a 2.6d as of yet since 2.6c works. There are as after any sony patch random CLIENT side problems, but thats it, download 2.6c and don't use ccake.

-Sokol

Sokol 08-28-2003 08:34 PM

simply over-write all the objects in your CCake folder with the contents of the attached zip, and it will work correctly again. no more lost graphics.

You can download the file HERE

-Sokol

We are not going to patch to 2.6d for this one.. will add it into 2.6d when other code changes go live.

- Kudane


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.