EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General UI Talk (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Default UI (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17197)

Kjan 10-19-2005 10:21 AM

New Default UI

Hey Guys

Just seen the upcoming update incoming on the 26th and decided to check out the new UI on the test server.

It looks so much better than the current default UI we have at present and was wondering if anyone was planning on working on making interface mods to this?

Juat a thought...

Kjan

hemmlok 10-21-2005 06:31 PM

UI on Escape to Norrath

I hope so ..i kinda like the ui on there and the hot button set up,just too bad they didnt do anything with the target ring..that still sucks

Drakah 10-21-2005 09:38 PM

Oh yea, that would be nice. Would like to see the target ring able to draw an actual circle that is drawn (or even hexagonal) instead of pieces of vertical rectangles that turns into a circle in game.

NanoqMajicBlade 10-22-2005 11:46 AM

Current UI's, TKing_Celtic and TKing_Celtic2 do not work with this new UI on Test server. I do not know about any of the other custom UI's, but I do not care for this new SOE one. I like TKing_Celtic because next to the hotkeys are slots that show primary, secondary and two empty inventory slots. Putting right clickies in those two slots (Mod Rod, Kelp Covered Hammer, for instance) makes them easier to use. Much speedier than having to open inventory window and then right click....one step instead of two. Also the looting window is the same as the old one. TKing_Celtic is much better, IMHO.

I hope you Modders can work with this new UI.

Nanoq MajicBlade
70 Naturewalker Natureguard
The Elititsts
The Tribunal

Drakah 10-22-2005 12:32 PM

With the new hot button windows you can open, you can make shortcuts to those items without having to mod any windows. Having coded pieces from inventory is kinda a thing of the past now though in my opinion.

digitalrex 10-26-2005 08:18 AM

What about the custom spell icons? Will they still work?

Razorvine 10-26-2005 11:01 AM

Are they completly changing the code? I mean, as long as they stick with XML the custom UI's should still work.

I like the new default UI, but there are a few things i'd change. Mostly convienience items, like % guages for stats, etc etc etc.

Wymp 10-26-2005 11:54 AM

digitalrex - Custom spell icons will still work. I used the t.king ones in it just fine.

Razorvine - It's not a complete code change, no. It seems mostly like a re-skinning, but there are some changes in it that may take a little reworking of some mods people may be using.

digitalrex 10-26-2005 03:53 PM

:nana:

Thank you :D

RaamzaHeretic 10-26-2005 10:20 PM

Any screenshots of the new UI for those of us who aren't able to play for a while?

Dolby 10-26-2005 11:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here you go... :)

Nocturne 10-27-2005 07:42 AM

No buff bar change?

Does this mean that it still has the huge ugly buff icon window that it had before? I was really hoping that they implemented some mini-icons with labels, as are featured on many interfaces here, but I'm not holding out much hope.

jackster010 10-27-2005 07:51 AM

New Pos Ui

soe's idea of a new UI is the crapiest ui i have had the miss fortune to look at . if you like it your on crack !!

CriogeniC 10-27-2005 09:27 AM

What is so new about it? Horizontal Bar and some frilly stuff around a few boxes? Seems to me that most of this stuff has already been accomplished through people doing various customs. Is there something there that I am missing?

Pyroshane 10-27-2005 11:55 AM

I kind of like the new UI look. I wish it had numerical hp and mana listed in the player window though, instead of having to open the inventory for it.