EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General UI Talk (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   SparxxUI (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21485)

Sparxx 10-12-2014 01:32 PM

SparxxUI

Well gang, I am officially retiring from EQ. I do not know if this is going to be a permanent thing, but it will definitely be for an extended period of time for the foreseeable future. Due to the severe lack of content in COTF, and now the same thing in TDS has demotivated me to the point of not wanting to log in anymore.

The lack of new content in this, and the last expansion is just disturbing, especially since they are not any cheaper in price than previous expansions with twice (or more) the content. TDS has only 6 new zones, which is the same number as COTF, and is just sad.

I cannot see myself being entertained for an entire year with this "expansion", and paying full price for it is just unconscionable for me.

Be safe my friends, and thank you for your UI loyalty.

[s]P.S. I will be keeping SparxxUI updated for my faithful following, but may need more feedback from you all as I will not be actively testing it in-game. As of this writing, I have everything working in TDS Beta with the exception of a couple of minor things that will be ironed out before it goes live.

** Edit : Yraen is posting the patches to SparxxUI **

danille 10-12-2014 01:39 PM

Gah!

It is a sad day in Norrath. :(

Thanks for all your help and community support over the years. You are a great friend of the rest of the EQInterface authors and will be sorely missed.

Dan

baddkat 10-14-2014 08:48 AM

Sorry to see you leaving

Like many, many others, I am saddened to see that you are leaving. I have been a faithful follower of your talents and your UI is the only one I use for all of my toons. I understand your dismay/disgust with SoE and I agree with you. I won't be wasting my money on the new expansion either but I will continue to play with existing toons and create new ones, trying to stay true to old world advancement (i.e. not using defiant armor, etc.) just to make the game more fun while leveling.
Take care. I hope to see you back someday.
Nobunaga, 91 War Barb of the VoX server

colorman222000 10-14-2014 01:17 PM

You will be missed

Sorry to see you leave.

fryguy503 10-14-2014 03:51 PM

Sorry to see you go, I am in the same boat. I have no logged in to the game in weeks, even months. I hope the best to you!

Savok 10-14-2014 06:23 PM

And another domino falls (but I understand, I haven't logged in to 'play' in nearly 4 years).

Lons 11-05-2014 05:08 PM

Thanks

Wish I had bothered to thank you while you were still actively updating this great UI. So, albeit a somewhat belated thanks, I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to this magnificent UI. I will continue using it in hopes that others like yourself will be motivated to keep it up. So far Yraen has done a great job.

Thanks again and good luck to your future game adventures.

Lons

Sparxx 11-05-2014 05:53 PM

Thank you all for your thoughts, it means alot to me :)

And a big thank you to Yraen for the patches and keeping them inline with the SparxxUI theme.

Be safe my friends.

Yraen 11-06-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparxx
Thank you all for your thoughts, it means alot to me :)

And a big thank you to Yraen for the patches and keeping them inline with the SparxxUI theme.

Be safe my friends.

Been using your UI for awhile now. I'll try to keep it updated and true to the original idea as much as I can :)

Farewell and good luck with whatever you do next!

tr0nixguy 11-09-2014 08:51 PM

Sparxx noooooooooooo, this is the only UI I like that is on this website :( Thanks for all your years of service. Truly amazing work. You have made EQ enjoyable for so many people!