EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Request (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Full width EXP and AAEXP bars (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65)

Qandalf 07-27-2002 05:39 AM

Full width EXP and AAEXP bars

Would love to see full width (across top screen) exp and aaexp bars. Wouldn't want HP, mana and stamina bars to be full width - just the exp bars. Might then be able to actually see exp move. =)

I know there is one mod on site which puts all the main bars on top of screen at full width for 1600x1024 but unfortuanately I play in 1024 by 768 mode. Besides health bars and such at full width would be of little value in my opinion.

Martinusiv 07-27-2002 05:45 AM

I think the length is determined by a value in percents, so its 1% to 100%, so it doesn't make a difference (well abit maybe) whether you bar is 100 pixels or 1000 pixels wide.

This is just an assuption(sp), haven't tested it

Kluz 07-27-2002 06:42 AM

Ick...

as site admin, former copy editor, and all around journalistic-driven loser, I hate to take an opinion on anything, but I have to agree.

That full length health bar mod we host is rather useless as 1600X1024 is rather useless as a resolution until the 3 GHZ chip becomes standard.

Funny thing is, nobody knows how the author did it. or at least thats what people are letting on.

Sparr 07-27-2002 10:33 AM

insight from other places

Experience is handled in 330ths of a level. This is 65ths of a yellow bubble. and 13ths of a blue bubble. That means you are just wasting space if you make blue bubbles more than 13 pixels wide. However, the old exp window has approx 20-pixel bubbles so if you expanded that to 26 pixels it would look a little better.

Daeanor 07-27-2002 11:53 AM

You have to make a new TGA file with the window pieces for the gauge. That's how the author of that big one did it. I tried just resizing the gauge in the xml, but it made no difference. It seems to size itself from the background graphic.

Martinusiv 07-27-2002 12:22 PM

>Experience is handled in 330ths of a level
so a 330px wide bar would be ideal...this also for all the other stats/gauge?

psychogears 07-27-2002 03:10 PM

PROTOTYPE! :)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi hi

I love customizing as you can see. :) Anyway here's a prototype of something I started last night, but I stopped because I didn't know in what window to stick it in. I wanted to put it in its own window, but the schema-program relationship doesn't allow new windows. I guess I can make an extra-long player window. The only problem is you can't have a window be too big or else you eat up space where you can click, like you can't click through an invisible player window.

-TJ

PS How did you find out that experience is updated every 1/330ths of a full level?

Sparr 07-27-2002 03:29 PM

heh, if you made the bar 330px wide then the yellow pixels would be accurate but the blue would be wasted. the yellow bar would increase 1 pixel at a time which would be 5 blue pixels. the optimal small size would be 65 pixels wide, but any multiple of that would work for those with poor eyesight.

ps: old secret. if its wrong then id be happy to learn otherwise.

Geddine 07-27-2002 09:04 PM

What I would like to know is how you found out that guages (XP etc) are 330 parts?

Changing the length of bars is not overly hard but lengthy to explain. I have only adjusted my Target bar (you can find it listed in the mods), other bars length is just fine.