EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Compares & Patch fixes (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   LodiDodi fix (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19792)

Thong3320 09-03-2008 11:42 PM

LodiDodi fix

1 Attachment(s)
Went through and fixed LodiDodi files....
group
player (all three)
and all of the animation files for the various buff bar combinations. This will put everything in the /program files/Everquest/uifiles folder with the same names on the folders.

Drag those into your Lodi folder, let them overwrite and bam! (I hope)
Hope this helps

thong3320

Gumbito 09-04-2008 12:04 AM

Please give us a little install instructions

I tried to unzip the fix file into a freshly installed lodi file. UI did not load. I tried running the fix file as a stand alone. UI did not load. A little help please for those of us who don't speak code. Thx

Thong3320 09-04-2008 12:13 AM

well poo

Ok, I haven't used winzip in a long time

I have rezipped the files with a more correct unzip path. It will unzip the Buffs&Songs folder, the Target&Player folder and the EQUI_GroupWindow.xml file to the C:\Program Files\EverQuest\uifiles folder

Then you just drag these three items into your LodiDodi folder and allow them to overwrite.

If you have a different path to your uifiles, you'll have to browse to the C:\Program Files\EverQuest\uifiles folder to retrieve them

Gumbito 09-04-2008 12:40 AM

No Luck

I realy appreciate your work trying to fix this for us. Your last post and explanation of the file extraction worked fine. The Fix zip file unloaded the 3 folders into my UI Folder and I copied over the old Lodi files with them. Unfortunately the UI continues to fail to load. I downloaded a fresh Lodi file to be sure there was no corruption and this did not solve the problem. Once again thanks and I am sure you will solve this for us.

Thong3320 09-04-2008 12:52 AM

huh

Huh, i downloaded a fresh lodi and worked from that. Lemme try again

Well, probably because I put the default animation file in the songs&buffs folder, but not in the direct download. If you didn't extract an animation file from one of those folders and put it in the lodi folder, it won't work

Try this one and lemme know.
(too many files/folders open at once...heh)

EDIT....removed version b and put version c in first post

andorrabell 09-04-2008 01:24 AM

I gave this a try doing every file by hand into the directory it belongs to.
I think I heard the computer laugh at me when I tried to load it though.. :)

Thanks for trying, seems like there should be an EQUI_Animations file in there somewhere though for this to have a shot at working? At least from what I've been reading around here.. I really don't know jack about coding.

Tried again using the extracted files in case i miscopied something by hand, sadly no go.

yukina 09-04-2008 01:24 AM

worked for me

Thank you for the fix, Thong3320 :)

caylyn27 09-04-2008 01:34 AM

Thank you for the fix!! I love you!! :)

andorrabell 09-04-2008 01:38 AM

Tried version B, still getting nothing (I'm not even getting error messages). Going to try a reload of EQ on the off chance EQ is the issue and not the files. This time I got 2 folders + 3 files that went to the main directory. - animations, groups and playerwindow

Thong3320 09-04-2008 01:42 AM

weird

I loaded a fresh lodidodi 3.3.2 then unzipped the fix and dragged into the lodidodi folder. Works for me. weird

andorrabell 09-04-2008 01:48 AM

grr. i hate my computer. did a full scan, all that good stuff. going to try everything pristine one more time then go to a corner and cry.

andorrabell 09-04-2008 01:57 AM

Well that's an improvement. I had some "unknown spells" messages but they went away when i changed the buff bars to 20x15 small.

:nana: :nana: :nana:

andorrabell 09-04-2008 02:12 AM

I went to make a note to myself that it didnt work because I was trying to load a UI labeled COPY OF XXX. Where I found the note that Copy of XX don't work. ;) thats what 2am will buy you.

Thanks again so much for fixing LodiDodi!

- I do now have some pearl necklaces again, but I think I can remember how to fix that -

Matdcia 09-04-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thong3320
I loaded a fresh lodidodi 3.3.2 then unzipped the fix and dragged into the lodidodi folder. Works for me. weird

it worked for me also...thanks .... :)

andorrabell 09-04-2008 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Copy of Animations file with dragitem sets 59 and 60 added, got rid of my pearl necklaces, I'm totally back in business! (I do have an error message but that may be one of the other addons I use- it's working fine)