EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tablets UI 2.0 (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16189)

syberwired 03-18-2005 11:41 AM

Making Mods on Tablet Using SIDLWIDL/FIDDLE

Caetenne,
I was going to make some mods for Tablet 2.0 using either SIDLWIDL or Fiddle, but for whatever reason neither one will load Tablet 2.0, Future Purple to be exact. I was just curious why this was. The error details that both programs gives doesn't explain very well why this is.

Thanks

----edit------
I figured a work-a-round. I move the graphics and the ui piece that I want to modify to a new folder, edit using SIDLWIDL and then move it back into the Tablet's folder.

I have just updated the pet window to include pet buffs at the bottom of it. To do this though I had to change the font size of the char stats down one size. I did this to try and keep everything the same size for lining up purposes on the "bottom" based ui. When I get home tonight, I will run it and if it looks okay, I will send it to Caetenne for her review, etc.

Caetenne 03-18-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syberwired
Caetenne,
I was going to make some mods for Tablet 2.0 using either SIDLWIDL or Fiddle, but for whatever reason neither one will load Tablet 2.0, Future Purple to be exact. I was just curious why this was. The error details that both programs gives doesn't explain very well why this is.

Thanks

----edit------
I figured a work-a-round. I move the graphics and the ui piece that I want to modify to a new folder, edit using SIDLWIDL and then move it back into the Tablet's folder.

I have just updated the pet window to include pet buffs at the bottom of it. To do this though I had to change the font size of the char stats down one size. I did this to try and keep everything the same size for lining up purposes on the "bottom" based ui. When I get home tonight, I will run it and if it looks okay, I will send it to Caetenne for her review, etc.

I couldn't tell you why those tools don't like Tablets. I do all my editing in Notepad, so I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Caetenne 03-19-2005 05:24 PM

New version with most of the mods readded and a couple of new ones made as well put up, pending approval.

mareeuh 03-20-2005 03:08 PM

Is it possible to adjust the names of buffs so that they are shown completely. Not Hastening of........ I like seeing the entire name of the buffs. If the bar needs to be larger that would be fine. As long as it's in proportion to the rest of the UI.
mareeuh

Caetenne 03-20-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
Is it possible to adjust the names of buffs so that they are shown completely. Not Hastening of........ I like seeing the entire name of the buffs. If the bar needs to be larger that would be fine. As long as it's in proportion to the rest of the UI.
mareeuh

I can make the buff bars wider, but it would have to be very wide for the whole name to fit. It's just a symptom of there being 25 buffs now, and still the same amount of screen space. I can try a wider buff window, but I can't guarantee if it will look much better.

Caetenne 03-22-2005 09:07 PM

I've looked at the class animations and nothing looks wrong. I'm going to have to look at it a lot more and possibly consult with someone else to get it figured out, so it's a backburner item for now.

Macinstine 04-02-2005 06:22 PM

Been a while any progress on the up dates?

Not complaining all the stuff works that I need. Just not exactly the way I like. :p

I was so spoiled by all the old mods.

Thank you again for keeping tablets going.

Caetenne 04-03-2005 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macinstine
Been a while any progress on the up dates?

Not complaining all the stuff works that I need. Just not exactly the way I like. :p

I was so spoiled by all the old mods.

Thank you again for keeping tablets going.

I haven't had a chance recently, had a really hectic raid schedule trying to break into Tacvi and other fun stuff. We won, so now things might not be as nuts. I'll be working on some stuff today and this week. The map is still on the back burner, but the inventory window with stats I'll do really soon.

EDIT: Now with new inventory window goodness.

Vaanoor 04-20-2005 07:03 PM

Tablets works great and nearly does everything I want (I took the code from another skin part and put a tribute timer on the actions window).

edited to chop out the part about the player buff bar, looks like I had an older version.

Above I see Syberwired was testing a pet window that includes a buff bar -- any chance it is ready? hehe and any chance I could get one that does not have a dismiss button? When I want to get rid of my pet I tell it to leave.

barrycom 05-03-2005 04:19 PM

I like the new inventory screen 8) Nice work!

Anyone have an idea of update to get it up to date? I keep getting xml messages... still works... but missing the new titles and soon the new vetran AA's I would imagine..

Any hints on how to fix it? (and no I am not XML literate)

Caetenne 05-07-2005 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycom
I like the new inventory screen 8) Nice work!

Anyone have an idea of update to get it up to date? I keep getting xml messages... still works... but missing the new titles and soon the new vetran AA's I would imagine..

Any hints on how to fix it? (and no I am not XML literate)

Can you please tell me what XML error messages you are getting? I don't get any at all.

Caetenne 05-11-2005 08:19 PM

New patch released for todays EQLive update, see the second post on the front page for download info.

Caetenne 05-12-2005 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caetenne
I can make the buff bars wider, but it would have to be very wide for the whole name to fit. It's just a symptom of there being 25 buffs now, and still the same amount of screen space. I can try a wider buff window, but I can't guarantee if it will look much better.

Followup to this:

It appears I misunderstood how many buff slots will actually be available. DoN progression actually only adds 1 new slot. So, I'm going to respace out the buffslots again and make them bigger so more text can be seen. I will do this by the weekend, and then post new zips with this included and every other fix I've made.

TBHockey 05-12-2005 07:40 AM

Thanks for keeping this UI Alive, I have been using it since March 2004 and when DoN came out was afraid we weren't going to see updates.

Tried others Like Lodi, and a few others but this is so clean to use. Again thanks.

Ailder - High Elf Paladin of Tunare
Bhur Gcairde - Tribunal Server

skyjacker 05-12-2005 08:42 AM

Thanks again for all the hard work you do to keep this UI updated.