EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Request (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Missing Text and Graphite UI (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22229)

Yogurt 04-07-2021 06:32 AM

Missing Text and Graphite UI

Hello,

I am having missing text issues that seem to be an order issue with the XML default and custom UI's. The issue began when I came back to play on a TLP where even with the default UI, I was unable to see guild and raid members names in their windows. Attempted to resolve this issue I deleted the files and had the patcher attempt to repair. The issue continues to plague me.

My favorite UI Graphite always seems to cause me a headache as well with a similar issue as above but spreads through out my other accounts. Again, I played for months with the raid and guild window issues but now it is every possible UI piece. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is this an issue everyone has experienced at some point? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Leigo 04-07-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt
Hello,

I am having missing text issues that seem to be an order issue with the XML default and custom UI's. The issue began when I came back to play on a TLP where even with the default UI, I was unable to see guild and raid members names in their windows. Attempted to resolve this issue I deleted the files and had the patcher attempt to repair. The issue continues to plague me.

My favorite UI Graphite always seems to cause me a headache as well with a similar issue as above but spreads through out my other accounts. Again, I played for months with the raid and guild window issues but now it is every possible UI piece. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is this an issue everyone has experienced at some point? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried another UI to see if its happening to all skins?

Fnyyen 04-10-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt
Hello,

In the UIError.txt it should show you what files are causing error's
thats where i would start

Gozier 04-18-2021 11:08 AM

Close some windows, it is and EQ bug

The EQ UI can handle only handle a certain number of characters on screen at one time. If you are missing text, you will need to close some windows to get the text to show. The map often causes this issue if you have Brewalls or something similar that adds a bunch of spawn points and other notes to the map. Close the map.

Edited to add: If you are running multiple accounts using the same EQ intallation, then the character limit will include all running instances so you will have this problem on many characters. The way to fix this is a separate EQ installation for each instance you are running. You MAY be able to accomplish the same thing w/ ISBoxer's virtual .ini's, but I'm not 100% certain on that.