EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eq2ui Pre-Beta Thread (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13475)

Elezibeth 04-12-2004 02:00 AM

Eq2ui

With ACUI's development stalling a small bit, I've sat down to work a bit with a new concept I came up with while viewing some of the new EQ2 Screenshots.

The birth of EQ2UI followed shortly this evening.

This is a very basic concept showing only one or two elements but if there is a positive response perhaps I'll continue with it a bit more...

Without further delay...

Thoughts? Opinions? Flames?

Elezibeth 04-12-2004 02:07 AM

Note : This version is currently being developed to be compatable with 800x600 and above resolutions, this may not carry over into a final (if any) release.

--

April 13, 2004

Updated Screenshot, includes new borders and background related to the new update for 1024x768.

Previews the Group Window borders, chat window, and top secret, super awesome EQII button.

--

April 14, 2004

Updated Screenshot, includes new bottom button bar, breath indicator, casting bar, spell effects interface, and text in the chat box.

Still includes the top secret, super awesome EQII button.

--

April 17, 2004

Updated Screenshot, now includes repositioned Group Window (Needed to balance the window), Target Window, and Loot Window (Prelim).

I wish I could loot a bat with that loot... ;)

Skarlett 04-12-2004 03:35 AM

What I see, I like. Would love to see more, Elezibeth :)

~Skarlett

Kunis Marfury 04-12-2004 07:20 AM

nice design Liz :)

we'll have a good competition between Liz, Drakah and Laroden for the eq2ui :D
since the 3 of you seems to have some real skills, i sens a lot of "eye candy" incoming :p

Drakah 04-12-2004 08:00 AM

I dont think I will be making an EQII interface myself, but if you need help let me know :)

Elezibeth 04-12-2004 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Drakah
I dont think I will be making an EQII interface myself, but if you need help let me know :)

Thanks Drakah, would hate to think I'd be competing against you, that just isn't a prospect I'd like. ;) You're just (more than) a little out of my league! ;)

Taleisin 04-12-2004 10:16 AM

mew!, nice UI elez, /mourns the loss of the MAC UI

Elezibeth 04-12-2004 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taleisin
/mourns the loss of the MAC UI

Wasn't practical, Apple didn't like the idea of using their images to port to anything, even a game. :P

Drumstix42 04-12-2004 11:30 AM

Yes, with the release of EQII and it's just vast, and amazing envirnoment, they best release with a nice UI...

It kind of scares me to think of these nice screen shots, and ploping something like the default EQI UI on it <shivers>

But we will see :)

DarkWolff 04-12-2004 01:26 PM

Nice real nice hope to see more (and i bet 5 dollors we will) :)

Elezibeth 04-12-2004 02:37 PM

Might be Tuesday, out of town right now, but you guys will see more of it. ;) It's growing on me like a fungus. ;)

Might need to snake it up to 1024x768 or 1280x1024 though since my concept drawings are running out of room. ;)

Laroden 04-13-2004 05:20 PM

Oh no! Competition, and really bad at that. I've seen your work Liz, and it's obvious you have xml skill and graphic skills (xml being something I don't have). You want to try and combine forces on this one? releasing a couple different skinned version of eq2ui but keeping the same format? Cause at the moment, I'm liking yours a little better than mine :/

Elezibeth 04-13-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Laroden
Oh no! Competition, and really bad at that. I've seen your work Liz, and it's obvious you have xml skill and graphic skills (xml being something I don't have). You want to try and combine forces on this one? releasing a couple different skinned version of eq2ui but keeping the same format? Cause at the moment, I'm liking yours a little better than mine :/

Actually, XML is the one thing I lack. :P The XML for ACUI was done by Enok. :)

Working on the updated version of this right now, it's designed around 1024x768 since 800x600 wasn't enough. Will try to post something tonight. ;)

mortis42 04-13-2004 09:19 PM

I'd like to see this developed.

I haven't been doing as much work on UI's as I used to, but would love to play with this.

Elezibeth 04-13-2004 09:56 PM

Updated Screenshot and Second Post.