EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Solaria 2.0 Public Beta! (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9014)

Kudane 06-16-2003 05:55 PM

Solaria 1.0 Public Beta!

Here is the preview of the Look

You can find the beta file availble for Download HERE

Please test and give feedback... we are looking for any lag issues, and or other graphic glitches..

there is an OPTIONS Folder that has the cast window without names, and the melee only player window.. to use just copy the XML file you want into the main folder.. overwriting what ever is there.. our TGAs have both graphics in them for ease of changing this
Quote:
BETA AGREEMENT
Please understand that this is a beta release to find bugs and complications. No request for "mods" or other colors to this will be taken at this time. Also please do not submit any modified version of Solaria to the mix/n/match section. They will not be approved. You may submit these after the beta is over. PLease post any bugs, errors, and other issues with as much info as you can give us.

/bow

Kudane 06-16-2003 05:55 PM

1.1 Update
Added missing files to help with lag issues

1.2 Update
Updated Animation file to allow removal of files

1.3 Update
Found last bad call out in SD-Buff window that was causing lag issue.

1.4 Update to 1.9 Update
Internal releases not avail to the public.
(Sokol)

2.0 Update
Fixed many minor issues I found, mostly annoyances.
Added a new cast spell window, and removed the no name cast spell window.
Added the option to allow older Standard Vert 2.5 Cast spell window mods to work, simply copy the older castspellwnd.xml file into the solaria directory.
(Sokol)

thelonstormeyes 06-16-2003 06:41 PM

mouse.tga missing from the zip file. Also, getting TONS of visual lag with both the caster and melee player windows. Not sure of the cause.

forry 06-16-2003 07:08 PM

I guessing (just a guess!) that the visual lag is because it is looking for the mouse.tga picture. Once you get that it should fix the lag.

thelonstormeyes 06-16-2003 07:25 PM

Nope, popped the mouse.tga from old Vert mod and it still lagged.

Goah 06-16-2003 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG I love Vert UI, I have used it since Vert1. The new UI you guys are doin is very great work. Keep it up :D

I have a question tho. I attached a pic of a UI I saw on my Guild's MB. If you look at the buffs they have timers on them. I would really really really love to see this incoroporated into this UI if possible. I am not to keen on the 2 names on each buff, if you could maybe make it so that only the color changes as the buff wears and not have 2 names? I dont know how difficult the coding is on this or anything. I hope you can get a mod of this running on the UI. I will look forward to your response!

Another Mod I would like to see if possible is chat boxes w/o the header boxes. I dont like clutter and do see a purpose to them :)

I also get the lag, I just made a folder and copied all files into it, I copied the melee player window to main folder then ingame I just did /load vert3 1 to save position of window. I had no mouse what so ever and was very very laggy. Again probably laggy due to missing Mouse, I did not try to place old mouse file into new UI. :D :D

Mandrakkon 06-16-2003 07:35 PM

The mouse tga is not the only one missing.. check your Ui errors and texture errors.

Missing like windows pieces 8

Some of the spell book ones

etc

edit nm me.. dunno all whats wrong but my uierrors goes nuts when I load this

Goah 06-16-2003 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Mandrakkon
The mouse tga is not the only one missing.. check your Ui errors and texture errors.

Missing like windows pieces 8

Some of the spell book ones

etc

Ahh yes, I see. Here is a copy of my UI Errors and Texture file to help troubleshooting.

Haliken 06-16-2003 07:56 PM

Goah, in the pic you attached the two names is from holding alt and they do NOT have timers on them whatsoever. The faded buffs are bard songs that are just faded. There is no way to have timers that are directly connected to buff time.

Enok

Kudane 06-16-2003 08:49 PM

1. PLease do a fresh install! Mouse.tga and Windowpieces08 are no longer being used.. though one of our animation files calls for these objects, they are not used.. so it should only kick out an error.. sooo if your getting an error that is asking for mouse.tga your prolly didnt do a fresh install

2. Please post your UIerror.txt files attaching them in a zip is a great way to do it... cut n paste it also works.. we can not tell you any solutions for problems without seening what the UI thinks is wrong..

3. If you get lag there are a couple of extra things we would like to know.. CPU speed/ram/video card/video ram we want to see if there is a patern to those that see lag.

thank you and enjoy!

Kudane 06-16-2003 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Goah
Another Mod I would like to see if possible is chat boxes w/o the header boxes. I dont like clutter and do see a purpose to them :)

To my knowledge this is not possible since the chat boxes can be relabled. they have it hard coded to always show the label

Mandrakkon 06-16-2003 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Kundane.. here is my uierrors file.

And when I load ui I can not see a cursor at all.

Goah 06-16-2003 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
1. PLease do a fresh install! Mouse.tga and Windowpieces08 are no longer being used.. though one of our animation files calls for these objects, they are not used.. so it should only kick out an error.. sooo if your getting an error that is asking for mouse.tga your prolly didnt do a fresh install

2. Please post your UIerror.txt files attaching them in a zip is a great way to do it... cut n paste it also works.. we can not tell you any solutions for problems without seening what the UI thinks is wrong..

3. If you get lag there are a couple of extra things we would like to know.. CPU speed/ram/video card/video ram we want to see if there is a patern to those that see lag.

thank you and enjoy!

1. I thought I did a fresh install...... please explain if I did not.
2. I posted my errors for you.
3. P4 2.2/512 PC2700/GeForce 3 TI w/ 128 ram

Goah 06-16-2003 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Kudane
To my knowledge this is not possible since the chat boxes can be relabled. they have it hard coded to always show the label

I found one. See pic. I can send you file if you wish. I just hope it works with the new version.

Kudane 06-16-2003 09:40 PM

Ok, there is some problems with the mouse.tga and windowpieces08.tga ..

here is a patch file that will fix it if you have already downloaded the 1.0

i am updating the orignal with the same files so it should be fixed for now..

Sokol will have to go back through the code and figure out what was missed in the calls for the mouse.. and what is still calling 08..

EDIT BY SOKOL: See the BETA 1.3 Patch furth on, or DL the new file from the SolariaUI DL section for fix

Mandrakkon 06-16-2003 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Patched and uierrors = this now.

Goah 06-16-2003 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed patch. Mouse now working but still very very laggy, unplayable even.

Errors inc again.

Atmablue 06-16-2003 09:53 PM

You're calling mouse.tga in the EQUI_Animations.xml file...

Code:
<!-- Cursors --> <!-- SOLARIA --> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_DefaultCursor"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>mouse.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y>

I just replaced this with the code from the default skin, and I have a mouse cursor now.

Karaab 06-16-2003 09:56 PM

I get a bunch of lines like ...

[Mon Jun 16 21:55:10 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\solaria\ not found in directory UIFiles\solaria\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Mon Jun 16 21:55:11 2003] Warning: file UIFiles\solaria\ not found in directory UIFiles\solaria\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

... and it spams the file like mad, that's where all the lag is coming from is because of the file system usage to spit that out.

I reverted back to my Drakah DAOC (with self mods) and *poof* gone. Have to love those -really- descriptive error messages, eh? :rolleyes:

Atmablue 06-16-2003 09:58 PM

All of my lag appears when the short duration buff window is on... when I turn it off, I'm lag free.

I'll take a look at that xml file and see what I can find.

Everyone else, kill the SDBW and see if your lag goes away.

Karaab 06-16-2003 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Atmablue
All of my lag appears when the short duration buff window is on... when I turn it off, I'm lag free.

I'll take a look at that xml file and see what I can find.

Everyone else, kill the SDBW and see if your lag goes away.

That did it, I killed the bard song window and *poof*, the spamming of the UIErrors file stopped entirely (thus, lag *poof*)

Atmablue 06-16-2003 10:18 PM

Some more poking around and I discovered that Windows_Pieces08.tga is being referenced in the EQUI_BuffWindow.xml file.

Hope this info helps.

Sokol 06-16-2003 10:23 PM

OK, I have found the source of the lag, and have have fixed the problems with the mouse.tga, and windowpieces08. for now use the default vert25 mouse.tga and windowpieces08.tga Now to stop lag, turn of the short duration buff window ALT E
i will investigate this window further, but with it up, it lags like no tomorrow with it closed it doesn't. the odd thing is, yesterday there was 0 lag with all windows open, but I will look into it further.

-sokol

Sokol 06-16-2003 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well stupid me, just add the window_pieces08.tga and the mouse.tga and the lag should stop, just loaded even with the SDbuff window and it's lag free, also I decided to take the windowpieces08.tga out today, but didnt remeber about the refrence in the buff window even thought it's not actualy used for anything. We will take it out ine the next beta release after you all can try it w/o the lag :)

Another one, toss in buff.tga and that will help to, for now let me fix the changes and upload a new version.

-sokol

EDIT:
Try this for now and let me know overwrite ALL files,
Remove window_pieces08.tga
Remove Buff.tga
Remove Mouse.tga

NOTE: the above fix is still being tested.
sorry for the problems, but thats what betas are for eh?

Goah 06-16-2003 11:14 PM

did the above and all working smooth :D

now just waiting for more fun stuff to add change, look forward to more mods.

Kulala 06-16-2003 11:48 PM

Works well =)

Solaria 1.3 works well on my laptop (P4 2.1 / ATi Radeon 7500 / 520 Ram), I played about 2 hrs no any lag (the only lag was D/L patch1.3 =P)

New buff window looks very good, clear and small =), but the spell book really a little big =P, will try more and feedback later.

[65 Prophet] Kulala (Wood Elf) <Kylin Eyes> in TN

Raijuta 06-17-2003 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just D/L and tried it out a few moments ago I got to say it looks great! But there was a problem. I don't know if this had anything to do with the earlier mentioned problems but when I loaded the UI in the mouse suddenly started to move slower than normal. Not by much mind you but enough to notice. I wasn't really on long enough to do anything else, really just wanted to see what it looked like in game. Overall I would have to say that this is going to be a great UI once it has been bug free and finalized. You guys do great work!!
I did however get some UI errors and I've sent them along for you to look at. Also this is the full version and the patch all installed before I logged in. My system specs are as follow,
|GeForece 2 MX400|
|AMD Athelon K7 700mb|
|192 mb RAM|
Yes my system is sorta low end but it runs EQ with no problems and haveing a fast cable connections seams to make it all worthwhile.

Patryn 06-17-2003 12:59 AM

Just started using the beta and thought I would point this out.. if you try to align all the status bars ie: target window, player window, group window, etc the one that displays player statistics along with the tab for pet commands and statistics does not align correctly.

The compass used to be the same size as all the other windows as well but I can understand they new size for the compass. Just thought you would like to know about that player / pet window.

Kudane 06-17-2003 01:33 AM

only the following windows were revamped in this release and are set to the same size..

Player Window
Spell Window (with text)
Buff Window
SD Buff window
Group Window

we have plans to make sure the target window/pet window get an update soon too.

and as the compass is actually 1/4 bigger than it was.. its not loading a ton of dead space..(look at screenshot for vert) and you will see what I mean

with the new maps out in game there was no need for the red and green dots to be on the Compass anymore.

and Murdercrow, with that system almost ANY UI will give you a tiny amount of lag over the default..

try it and try the vert 2.5 see if there is a difference between the two .. if so what.. (get back to me)

Raijuta 06-17-2003 03:03 AM

no i found out why the mouse was lagging. appearantly a popup from a program i forgot to close caused EQ to lag thus makeing it seem that the UI was lagging. After that I went back and tried it again and no lag the only problem is that it still writes a UIerror.txt file. Other than that everything seems fine ,no bugs.
well unles you count the error file