EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   EQ-Text (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7679)

Tinkfu 03-21-2003 02:15 AM

EQ-Text

soon I will be releasing a all text interface, for those who hate vid lagg and memory use.... please let me know how you feel about a all text interface through this thread.

Tinkfu The Gearless
Dev of Test (retired)

mortis42 03-21-2003 02:41 AM

I'd like to see this. My secondary machine just barely runs EQ, and I'd like to see a low-res UI.

onetwo1212 03-21-2003 06:30 AM

INteresting idea, but I don't knnow if it will help performance much. I have stream-lined a UI into 4 well coded windows to try cutting down memory usage, but it did not do much better than default. I would definetly try it out if you release a text only UI.

mortis42 03-21-2003 08:51 AM

I believe removing all the unused animations from your _Animations file helps memory usage. I haven't tried it myself, but remotely remember someone making a mod like that awhile back.

I also would think that if you edited your EQui.xml file to not load certain windows, and to not still check the default file for them, that would help memory use as well.

Tinkfu 03-21-2003 12:03 PM

Text only

deleting the unused animations do nothing, if it is not in the modded animations.xml it will find them in the default, the best way to save memory is to reduce the size of the TGAs which I have allready droped most of them by half their original size.

Tinkfu The Gealress
Dev of Test (retired)

sc2kmayor 03-21-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
I believe removing all the unused animations from your _Animations file helps memory usage. I haven't tried it myself, but remotely remember someone making a mod like that awhile back.

I also would think that if you edited your EQui.xml file to not load certain windows, and to not still check the default file for them, that would help memory use as well.

Don't do this.
It will cause your interface to crash with a 629 error....I tried.

mortis42 03-21-2003 03:27 PM

I'm unsubscribing to this thread, so don't bother 'correcting' me for my sake anymore.

I'd rather this thread stay on topic as to who wants to see the mod, than become a discussion on how EQ reads your Ui files.

Tinkfu, if you do not upload the Ui to the regular dowload areas, please start up a new thread in the Released or Beta forums when you have a working release for us.

Good luck

Tinkfu 03-22-2003 11:42 AM

Addition

1 Attachment(s)
this is a addition to be all text interface poll...
the background that you find in FU I put their for my necromancer and forgot to take it out before I released FU... here is a screen of what the background looks like.

Should I keep this in the FU interface or use the default background?

Tinkfu The Gearless
Dev of Test (retired)

Tinkfu 03-22-2003 11:59 AM

FUText BETA phase 1

1 Attachment(s)
here it is a no where near ready for release version of FUText... still would appreciate some feedback from all who wish to download it :cool:

Tinkfu The Gearless
Dev of Test (retired)