EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General authoring help / discussion (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   SidlWidl verrrrry early alpha released (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409)

Gendal 08-25-2002 03:24 AM

SidlWidl verrrrry early alpha released

If you are interested check it out at http://www.sidlwidl.com Don't go expecting too much, its in a very early state but hopefully it will be useful to some people.

Dolby 08-25-2002 02:58 PM

Very nice Gendal!

Chadoz 08-25-2002 07:05 PM

Like it ummmm yea love it ummmm yea drools yea yea yea yea lol
Great program works fine for me win 2k

comming soon skins made by Chadowz hehehe

Filex 08-26-2002 11:19 AM

Works great for me =) Made doing the mods to Vert that I wanted very simple.

tadashya 08-26-2002 11:46 AM

if I am reading this correctly... this will only work when the .net framework is installed and only that will work with NT, 2K and XP professional?

Gresnah 08-26-2002 11:48 AM

SWEETNESS!!!

Hroar 08-26-2002 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tadashya
if I am reading this correctly... this will only work when the .net framework is installed and only that will work with NT, 2K and XP professional?

im running it under win98SE with no problems

tadashya 08-26-2002 04:18 PM

well I patiently waited for the 131 mb... sucked it up and loaded development software onto my puter (which usually I refuse to do - being married to a developer and had MS VB suite eat my puter more than once) and ...

OMG!!!!! this program rocks. I would pay money for this... please oh please find time to finish this.

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

12 out of 10 bananas :)

Gendal 08-26-2002 04:58 PM

Eeep!! You don't need the development framework lol! That's a 130+ mbs. You only need the redistributable framework, and its only 20-25ish mbs.

Much more managable hehe.

Thanks for the comments. As I said its what I consider a a very early alpha. Bug reports are very welcome (please check the forums at www.sidlwidl.com first so I don't have to look over repeates) but realize I don't have much time to spend atm on it and alot of the functionality is hiden/broken. I basically released it in the middle of a command layer rewrite, which was not what I wanted to do.

I figured its still useful in its current state though, and till I get some more time some poeple would find it useful, bugs, warts, inconsistencies and all.

Btw anybody get a chance to check out the EQToolbox.xml? Some enterprising soul could fill it up with all the eq types for guages, labels, etc so you would have a complete list in your toolbox that you could just drag and drop onto a new window. Or make a custom set of gauges, buttons whatever to apply in your own section, etc.

sum1ntheus 08-26-2002 11:22 PM

I love this

Well I love the work you have done so far. Thank you so much.

I am having trouble opening skins that are modded with from T.King some line declaration error in the XML it says.

It does crash at times for no reason but I have found it to be a lot faster for editing most things just make sure to save incase of crash and this program is a much faster to restart then logging on and off EQ.

Thank you for the great program I can't wait until you have time and get the bugs all worked out.

Walen Havinfun
Ranger of Tunare
Guardians of Forever

tadashya 08-26-2002 11:33 PM

Quote:
Eeep!! You don't need the development framework lol! That's a 130+ mbs. You only need the redistributable framework, and its only 20-25ish mbs

oops.. well it was only about 20 min on my line so not biggie :)

Regardles of me being a doof :o its still an excellent piece of work

Faille 08-26-2002 11:48 PM

Would it be possible to modify it to display ANY XML file in that directory, not just the ones it "looks for"? I would love to be able to create a copy of my inventory file, or whatever, so that I can have a work in progress while still being able to play. Then when I am done with the temporary file I can just rename it to the official file name. It could also be used to have other people's mods up so you can compare.

It may already have this functionality, but a couple of the files I have in my folder were not available in the program.

Any chance of making this open source, or sending the source code out? I would not have any desire (or skill probably) to finish it and put it out over your head after you did all the work, but I would absolutely LOVE to be able to get a hold of the code to see how you managed to create such an application. I learn by example and this seems like it would be an awesome tutorial of sorts .. commented or not! :)

Good work

Gendal 08-27-2002 10:35 PM

Couldn't you just use the save as command and work with a copy like that? The program only shows what's defined in the EQUI.xml file, same as verant does I believe. Not entirely sure I understand what you want though.

Distributing the source code is unfortunatly extremely unlikely for a myriad of reasons. One being I might release it as shareware down the road (waaay down the road at this point). Two being you couldn't even compile it unless you had several commercial libraries which i can't distribute in design time form (mostly the window/docking/toolbar code). Three being the project started as an excercise in some of the principles I learned from Design Patterns : Elements of Reusable Object-Orientated Software by the gang of four (must read if you are really interested in programming).

Sorta got out of hand after that =p

guice 08-28-2002 04:06 AM

Quote:
Couldn't you just use the save as command and work with a copy like that? The program only shows what's defined in the EQUI.xml file, same as verant does I believe. Not entirely sure I understand what you want though.

Not really. They still follow includes, if they are used in other files. I've managed to create windows using multiple custom files. Might want to rethink that part.

Also, why is the Framework required? Yeah, it's 20 megs, but that is around 1.5 hour download where I'm at currently. And I disabled all that Framework junk on my XP boxes at home. It was usless for me, and MS kept constantly bugging me "Don't you want a .NET account?" .. gaaah

Larnorak 08-28-2002 04:53 AM

am i too dumb?

Where can i download it? I see links to VI, this site and some others but no link for a download!?

plz get me a hint or even the link to get it ;)