EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML modification help. (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Side by side Overseer window (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22225)

Angahran 02-02-2021 03:27 PM

Side by side Overseer window

Hi :)

I'm looking for a little help with what should be a relatively simple tweak to the Overseer window, but it's proving to be difficult.

Currently, there is the quest list on the left side, then the quest details and the list of agents, stacked one on top of the other on the right side.

I'd like to have, basically, three side by side sections.
The quest list, the quest details and the agents.

As far as I can see it's these two sections that I need to tweak, but I can't get them right. No matter what I attempt it either seems to do nothing or crashes and loads the default ui (which causes my eyes to bleed!).
If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or feels like taking a stab at this it would be appreciated :)

Tha nk you.

Code:
<VerticalLayoutBox item="OW_OQP_RightPane"> <ScreenID>OW_OQP_RightPane</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <MinVSize>80</MinVSize> <MinHSize>250</MinHSize> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable> <Spacing>10</Spacing> <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_QuestInfoLayout</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_MinionSelectionScreen</Pieces> </VerticalLayoutBox> <HorizontalLayoutBox item="OW_OQP_Layout"> <ScreenID>OW_OQP_Layout</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <DrawTemplate>WDT_Def</DrawTemplate> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <MinHSize>430</MinHSize> <Spacing>4</Spacing> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_LeftPane</Pieces> <Pieces>VerticalLayoutBox:OW_OQP_RightPane</Pieces> </HorizontalLayoutBox>

Halelen 02-03-2021 10:53 AM

I thinlk this is your issue

I think this is your issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
Hi :)

I'm looking for a little help with what should be a relatively simple tweak to the Overseer window, but it's proving to be difficult.

Currently, there is the quest list on the left side, then the quest details and the list of agents, stacked one on top of the other on the right side.

I'd like to have, basically, three side by side sections.
The quest list, the quest details and the agents.

As far as I can see it's these two sections that I need to tweak, but I can't get them right. No matter what I attempt it either seems to do nothing or crashes and loads the default ui (which causes my eyes to bleed!).
If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or feels like taking a stab at this it would be appreciated :)

Tha nk you.

Code:
<VerticalLayoutBox item="OW_OQP_RightPane"> <ScreenID>OW_OQP_RightPane</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <MinVSize>80</MinVSize> <MinHSize>250</MinHSize> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable> <Spacing>10</Spacing> <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_QuestInfoLayout</Pieces> <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_MinionSelectionScreen</Pieces> </VerticalLayoutBox> <HorizontalLayoutBox item="OW_OQP_Layout"> <ScreenID>OW_OQP_Layout</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <DrawTemplate>WDT_Def</DrawTemplate> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <MinHSize>430</MinHSize> <Spacing>4</Spacing> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> <Pieces>Screen:OW_OQP_LeftPane</Pieces> <Pieces>VerticalLayoutBox:OW_OQP_RightPane</Pieces> </HorizontalLayoutBox>

Angahran 02-03-2021 03:23 PM

Yes, those parts are from the default window.
I know the part you highlighted says 'vertical', that's because the other part is a vertical layout item.

I tried simply changing both references to be horizontal but all that did was made nothing show in the window.

I just can't figure out what needs to be changed to get this to work as a side by side instead of one above the other.

Angahran 02-03-2021 05:11 PM

possible issue

I think I may have found the problem, or a problem.

The right pane only contains one item, OW_AQP_QUEST_INFO_LAYOUT.

Code:
<VerticalLayoutBox item="OW_AQP_RightPane"> <ScreenID>OW_AQP_RightPane</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <MinVSize>80</MinVSize> <MinHSize>250</MinHSize> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate> <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable> <Spacing>10</Spacing> <Pieces>Screen:OW_AQP_QuestInfoLayout</Pieces> </VerticalLayoutBox>

But that element doesn't actually show any elements, so maybe hardcoded ?

Code:
<Screen item="OW_AQP_QuestInfoLayout"> <ScreenID>OW_AQP_QuestInfoLayout</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <MinVSize>450</MinVSize> </Screen>

Halelen 02-03-2021 05:39 PM

How about if you put each one in it’s own section and add sections

Angahran 02-03-2021 06:25 PM

oops

dagnabit :(

I was looking at the wrong section when I made that last post. I thought it looked strange.

Should have been the 'OQP' parts not 'AQP'.

Back to the drawingboard...