EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Oink! Reborn (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20087)

warriorofmight 10-30-2010 09:47 AM

Anything else that I'm missing or that needs fixing from this UI for the caster player-base? Completely open to suggestions as I don't really play one and therefore don't know what would be helpful.

zirquel 10-31-2010 06:10 AM

Nothing's missing that I notice. It fits really well on the screen I have it sitting on, and that's what's important to me.
There's a couple things I'd *appreciate*, but I'm not sure how much of it's due to my being primarily a caster. I'll go ahead and describe them for you to use or ignore as you wish.

As a basis from where I'm coming from, I'm frequently on a higher level necro, bard, shm, or druid.

-It would be *very very* useful to have primary + chest + mount on the spell bar.

-It would be good to have the option of a thinner spell bar with no names, as well. For example, I always remember what my necro has mem'd, but when I jump on my friend's bard, I might forget to see if the same songs I had mem'd last are still there. Having the spell names showing like current is very useful then! Maybe even just making it resizeable so you can decide to hide the text yourself, if that's possible?

-It would save space on the casters to move the clickie gear area you have on the hot buttons onto a 2nd tab of the pet window, and just leave the bags with the hot buttons. I've seen a couple like this, but they usually have a 3rd tab with player info on it too, which is unnecessary in this ui.
I'm in favor of putting them more out of the way because most/all my clickies last nearly an hour, at minimum, due to aa's and the like on my casters, so I'm not constantly clicking them (excluding chest).
I realize warriors, etc may not even have the pet window out, so you're probably not even interested in that idea. I know I like the current way you have it when I'm on my friend's warrior. I can dream to have both options though! =p

Whether you decide to change anything or not, this is working well for me, and I plan on using it for the foreseeable future. Thanks for all your work!

warriorofmight 10-31-2010 10:24 AM

I'll see what I can do about adding a few clickies to the spell bar.

The spell window can be resized if you change that line in the XML file. Since all the pieces are set in concrete locs, it should work just fine to change the size and cut off the names. All the way at the bottom of EQUI_CastSpellWnd change
<Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable>
to
<Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>

Not sure about the Pet window stuff ... will look into it though.

warriorofmight 10-31-2010 02:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
How's this?

zirquel 10-31-2010 05:47 PM

That is absolutely wonderful and exactly what I was talking about. May I profess my undying love of you? The only thing is the spell bar has the power source instead of ammo (it's set to 21 instead of 22-I think).
Anyway! To sum up my feelings: <3 Thank you!!!

warriorofmight 10-31-2010 05:54 PM

Oops lol
Will include these in the AddOns folder for future releases.

Gijoew1 02-09-2011 11:18 PM

Working Great!!!

Thanks... Its working great :D

warriorofmight 02-10-2011 05:37 PM

Haha, I'm good like that! :cool:

Manual 02-10-2011 07:39 PM

:-)

Nice UI. My only gripe is the text entry area is gone, so when your chat box fills up, all your chat input is behind the lowest line in the window. I have to open another window and use it just for chat entries.. Thx for all the work put into the Ui though, way over my head.

Ignore this. i just read through the thread and I see that I already know how to fix it. Didn't know about the /clear command though. :-)

leikem 03-17-2011 07:52 AM

Any chance for a fix for the march patch which has now broken Oink?

warriorofmight 03-27-2011 08:35 PM

Haven't been active in game lately and was on vacation last week. Should be able to get a fix up in the next couple days. Sorry for the wait.

warriorofmight 03-30-2011 03:13 PM

Ummm ... not really sure what broke?

I logged in and loaded the UI without problems or errors.

zirquel 05-25-2011 09:20 PM

5-25

Thanks for the quick fix today! I copied over the template file and put it in my existing folder, and it's working great.

Pinganon 05-25-2011 09:45 PM

Bard songs now in main Buff window..

Bard songs are showing in the main Buff window for me. Everything else looks great. As a side note, thank you so much for updating this so quick, you saved my butt.

EDIT: Forget it, zoned and they moved into song window. Neat!

warriorofmight 05-26-2011 02:43 PM

It is actually rather amusing. I don't check EQInterface very often anymore as I haven't had much time to play, but for some reason I clicked, saw the update, logged in, and fixed it all very quickly. Lucky day I guess!

Glad folks are still enjoying the UI =D

*Also, it is entirely possible that I added or swapped some files since the last update, as it was a long time ago. If so, please let me know so I can rectify the mistake! For example, I can't remember if I swapped the MP3 player for a timer. I think I did, but I can't remember. That being said, it is possible that the timer still functions as an MP3 player ... not sure.