EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help ! ? ! ? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Saving UI? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19343)

Mophios 09-24-2007 04:17 PM

Saving UI?

i made a UI that works for me using default windows but i don't know how to save it so that i can beable to load it up on other toons as well. is there a way to save them so you can load them up?

Brighid741 09-24-2007 04:26 PM

You mean the layout of the windows? That's saved in your UI_toon_server.ini file. You can just save a copy of that and rename it for each of your other toons you want to use it on.

Mophios 09-24-2007 04:35 PM

tried doing that but it keeps loading up the older one i had but not the new one that i set up earlier.

Brighid741 09-24-2007 04:53 PM

You cannot be logged into the game when you do it.

myxiplx 09-25-2007 12:56 AM

Also, in the next few weeks, SoE will be adding a command to the game that will let you copy the UI settings from any character to another.

Getti Lee 09-25-2007 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx
Also, in the next few weeks, SoE will be adding a command to the game that will let you copy the UI settings from any character to another.

wish they'd fix the "force every window on screen" bug NOW instead of bundling it up with the new improvements. so annoying everytime i log in to move windows to where they should be (especially when boxing more than one account)

Zatris 08-05-2019 07:12 PM

sorry to necro this thread, but instead of starting a new one on this topic...

returning to tthe game and am wanting to load separate layouts. I recall there was a command for it but totally forgot how it goes

/savelayout_ui_<<name>>

or something like that.

command for loading was ?

/loadlayout_ui_name?

Sparxx 08-09-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatris
sorry to necro this thread, but instead of starting a new one on this topic...

returning to tthe game and am wanting to load separate layouts. I recall there was a command for it but totally forgot how it goes

/savelayout_ui_<<name>>

or something like that.

command for loading was ?

/loadlayout_ui_name?

Copy Layout Window: Typing either /copylayout or pressing the Copy Layout button within the General tab of the Options window will bring up a list of all your UI_name_server.ini files with each layout stored in them (along with the ones stored in defaults.ini).

Selecting one will copy the layout you selected over the current layout, including any custom skin, viewport and alpha/color/fade settings that might be in use.

This can also be done directly (for those with a custom UI that does not contain the new window) by typing "/copylayout resolution INI_filename" where resolution is in the form "1280x1024" or "Windowed" for the windowed layout.

INI_filename is optional, and defaults to the currently logged in character's UI INI file.

Zatris 08-11-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparxx
Copy Layout Window: Typing either /copylayout or pressing the Copy Layout button within the General tab of the Options window will bring up a list of all your UI_name_server.ini files with each layout stored in them (along with the ones stored in defaults.ini).

Selecting one will copy the layout you selected over the current layout, including any custom skin, viewport and alpha/color/fade settings that might be in use.

This can also be done directly (for those with a custom UI that does not contain the new window) by typing "/copylayout resolution INI_filename" where resolution is in the form "1280x1024" or "Windowed" for the windowed layout.

INI_filename is optional, and defaults to the currently logged in character's UI INI file.

yes i am aware of doing it that way, but there was an actual command to save the layout, thats the syntax im looking for.

Sparxx 08-13-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:
yes i am aware of doing it that way, but there was an actual command to save the layout, thats the syntax im looking for.

Changes are instantly saved on the current character.

In other words:

* Character 1: You move windows around where you want them.

* (Log out Character 1)

* (Log in Character 2)

* Type /copylayout, or press the Copy Layout button within the General tab of the Options window and copy the layout from Character 1, to Character 2.

Leigo 09-10-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Another way is to make changes to a UI file and rename it so you can use that layout as a base.
I have these when I use different resolutions for example: