EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General authoring help / discussion (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Include files (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6617)

Aeroslin 02-12-2003 08:49 PM

Include files

Is it possible to add an include statement at the beginning of the XML interface files to include custom window defs? Much like there's an EQUI_Templates.xml, I would like to make a CUSTOM_Templates.xml with my own definitions in it so I can apply my own windows to existing window pieces.

Anyone know?

-----edit new entry-----

I looked in the EQUI.xml file and found:
<Composite>
<Include>EQUI_stuff.xml</Include>
</Composite>

Which is defined right after the <XML ID=> tag
and before the <Schema> tag.

Going to test this idea.

Aeroslin 02-13-2003 12:44 AM

I do believe it works

I've been using SidlWidl for working on my ui mods but upon entering in an <include> tag in one of the EQUI files the window wouldn't show properly in that program. However, I loaded my skin in EQ and the my custom border was there so it does appear that you can create your own window definition file and just include that file in all of your xml, EQUI files.

I only did a quick load of the skin to see and I haven't looked at the uierror file yet so there could be issues with doing this. Feel free to confirm or negate my info please.

Aeroslin

Talyns 02-13-2003 12:59 AM

if you want global templates for your windows the best way to do it is this:
http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3848

Cairenn 02-13-2003 01:00 AM

Definitely do-able. If you look around, you will find a number of folks that have created their own custom template files and included them in their skins, mine being one of them. And, as Talyns points out, if you *are* going to create your own template file, then also go the route of the "unbreakable EQUI.xml" file. Works like a charm, both parts. :)

Caleal 02-13-2003 05:22 AM

[edit] nothing to see here but an idiot, move along please. :D

Aeroslin 02-13-2003 02:31 PM

Well Thank you all that confirmed this for me. Really the only reason I researched this in the first place is because the skins that I have been using and fiddling with don't use this method.

Now if someone can just make a wysiwyg window configuration program I'd be all set...

Cairenn 02-13-2003 03:23 PM

At this point, SidlWidl and Sidl Fiddle are all that I am aware of.

Chronwaas 02-13-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroslin
Really the only reason I researched this in the first place is because the skins that I have been using and fiddling with don't use this method.

You say that you have not seen skins that have this implemented? I know of a number that are using it currently. In fact this is one of the major things that has allowed many of us to make our skins more unbreakable than they originally were. If you are looking for examples you can check our Quartz, and Chronright (only two I can think of right off). Both have implemented include object so that the original files are merged with the modified files so that any updates by VI/Sony are included everytime.

Cairenn 02-13-2003 06:18 PM

You can include mine in that list Chronwaas.

Chronwaas 02-13-2003 08:41 PM

Thanx Cairenn. Was a long day and I didn't have time to look through all the downloads to find others. Thanx again.

Aeroslin 02-13-2003 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chronwaas
You say that you have not seen skins that have this implemented? I know of a number that are using it currently. In fact this is one of the major things that has allowed many of us to make our skins more unbreakable than they originally were. If you are looking for examples you can check our Quartz, and Chronright (only two I can think of right off). Both have implemented include object so that the original files are merged with the modified files so that any updates by VI/Sony are included everytime.

The closest that I've come to seeing this being used is in Drakah's single pieces, like the chat window where he uses a pretty nice looking border. All the custom definition info, however, is embedded inside the EQUI_ChatWindow file. I'm not actively using the Drakah mod's however. I'm using Vert2.2 and that most definitely does not have an include file. So when changes are made I have to hand code the information which kinda sucks.