EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Cairenn's UI - Updated 4 Feb 03 (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5351)

Cairenn 01-10-2003 08:18 AM

Cairenn's UI - Updated 2 Feb 03

See version 2, here.

Shadrak 01-10-2003 08:33 AM

WOW AWESOME GREAT WONDERFUL INSPIRED!!!!

now wheres the .zip ;)

Talyns 01-10-2003 09:02 AM

WOW!!!!

That's beautiful. You're an artist :D

I downloaded all the graphics files and unziped.. I didn't notice any .xml files.. Am I missing something?

EDIT: DOH!!!! I saw it right when I hit Post.. Need more coffee!! :p

Cerridanae 01-10-2003 06:09 PM

Install add-on help

I'm sure there's a really easy answer, but I can't get it at all =/

I don't understand what to do, to use the subfolder windows. I tried just deleting the main file and using the substitute one in the subfolders, and it didn't work =/

Alternatively, preferredly...is there any way to substitute a Remmy-modded combined player/group window instead of yours? I really love your UI, except for that one window, I'd much rather use the other one. This is the window I'd prefer to use, if you could tell me if it's possible and how:

http://pub165.ezboard.com/ftranscen...icID=53.to pic

talonhawk 01-10-2003 06:34 PM

HELP

I downloaded the zip and loaded everything up like my old skin, but every time I try to load this skin, I crash to Desktop...any help?

Thanks.

Cairenn 01-10-2003 08:08 PM

Cerridanae ... I answered you over at t.king's site.

Talonhawk ... I am aware that some folks are having some difficulties with this (although not many), I think I *may* have the answer, checking it now. Check back in a bit and hopefully I will have a definitive answer for you.

talonhawk 01-10-2003 08:14 PM

Thx...Been playing around and tried going through and replacing th XML files one by one to see if I could track it down, but no luck.

If I can help ya troubleshoot, let me know...I am online and playing around :)

Cairenn 01-10-2003 08:36 PM

Talonhawk, please check your PMs.

talonhawk 01-10-2003 08:42 PM

Call me stupid, but PMs?

Cairenn 01-10-2003 08:51 PM

At the top of the screen, click on the EQGUI Forums link. Now, look at the top of your screen.

You will see:

"Welcome back, TalonHawk"

"You last visted: blahblahblah"

"You Have:
- 1 new message!
- 1 unread message.
- 1 total messages in your PM Box!"

Click on the PM Box link. :)

weebil 01-10-2003 09:25 PM

i'm having the crash to desktop when i do the /loadskin name

any info appreciated, thanks in advance

weebil 01-10-2003 10:11 PM

ok, i've been toying around with it (bare in mind i know nothing about xml editing or anything so don't be shocked at the silly things i might have tried hehe)

i did the normal ui installation, changed the ui_name_servernumber like you said, changed the animation to rogue instead of ranger, normal stuff, changed UISkin to new one in the eqclient.ini

i log on to my account and at the character select it is different because of ui

i try to log in and i crash after character select, sooo for some reason or another i decided to replace your equi.xml with the default one from default folder

i can now log on but instead of all the pretty ui stuff around the border of the screen it is just black with crazy boxes everywhere on the screen ( where they would be if the i was making the ui work properly ) sooo the moral is i think i'm having a problem with taht file as it lets me log on when this file is changed and doesn't when i have the equi.xml that came with your .zip

just trying to narrow down what might be wrong, if you have any info plz let me know

thanks

decatur2k 01-11-2003 12:09 AM

I crash to desktop while trying to load this UI also. Copy and renamed the UI*.ini and even tried loading it without the ini.

decatur2k 01-11-2003 12:48 AM

I've think I found the reason why it kept crashing to desktop is because I'm using EQW. It seems fine when I'm using the normal window mode built-in of EQ.

/em is hoping for a 800x600 version.

RhionSligo 01-11-2003 12:59 AM

I crash to desktop too. No errors in UIErrors.txt (just the standard warnings for using default files when custom ones are not present).